Showing New Posts

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is very frustrating when posting a long post or being away from the board for a few minutes to come back and find that all the new post icons and "read 1st new post" buttons are gone. then you have to dive into threads and actually find out what posts you didn't read before - this is a real pain if you are addicted like I am and read almost every thread.

I believe the default is like 5 minutes. I think this is way too short.

Can it be changed to 15 minutes or half hour. If someone is on the site, it will have no effect on them. If they leave and come back soon, they will possibly have the same new posts as they did before. But there is button in the "Quick Links" pull down menu that you can click to "Mark Forums Read" before leaving the site if someone is bothered by this.

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
look at the "you last visited" time & then you can see what time the posts were made. If there is one that was posted after that, read it and enjoy - shouldn't be a problem...

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
look at the "you last visited" time & then you can see what time the posts were made. If there is one that was posted after that, read it and enjoy - shouldn't be a problem...

Why not just hit a button and go to the 1st post.

5 minutes is way too short.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree, Joel - five minutes is way to short - especially for the long threads.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually it was set for 15 minutes after last years upgrade. That lasted about a day. It was even more annoying than your problem, the yellows would just not go away and you would have to hit "mark forums read" to maintain sanity.

Plus it makes the "Currently Active Users" info 10 mins more inaccurate.

Here is a link that you can bookmark to get the recent posts in time order regardless of if they are new or not. Lemme know if that works for you.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/search.php?do=getdaily

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
Actually it was set for 15 minutes after last years upgrade. That lasted about a day. It was even more annoying than your problem, the yellows would just not go away and you would have to hit "mark forums read" to maintain sanity.

Plus it makes the "Currently Active Users" info 10 mins more inaccurate.

Here is a link that you can bookmark to get the recent posts in time order regardless of if they are new or not. Lemme know if that works for you.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/search.php?do=getdaily

Thanks - I use the New Post pull down menu also.

I don't want this situation to be more annoying, so consider this thread to be "OWNED!"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen