Should KK be on the Hot Seat??

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If cards lose out i say yes

Cards must beat giants eagles to have any hope at 7th even if theu get blown out by saints be fun just to reach poffs sgain

Being a cards fan is painful

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this. The team should be progressing. KK should be getting better. None of that is happening.

that’s the biggest problem... we aren’t seeing progress the longer we watch Kliff. Anyone who can’t see that we are on a downward trend isn’t watching these games sober.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Do you believe KK is a good offensive coordinator? That his coaching is trending in the right direction? That he's improving as a play caller?

Yes
Yes
Yes but needs to get better

Many of you wanted Adam Gase.
Many of you wanted Steve Wilks.
Many of you wanted Dan Campbell.
Some of you wanted Jim Caldwell.
Some of you wanted Jon Defilipo.

If you can't see that we are improving vs 2018 and 2019...you aren't being realistic.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh anybody? He won with a running QB and is supposedly wanting to return to the NFL.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Credit to Keim for selling Mikey on the only possible coach he could have hired that all but guaranteed him 3 more years of job security.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes
Yes
Yes but needs to get better

Many of you wanted Adam Gase.
Many of you wanted Steve Wilks.
Many of you wanted Dan Campbell.
Some of you wanted Jim Caldwell.
Some of you wanted Jon Defilipo.

If you can't see that we are improving vs 2018 and 2019...you aren't being realistic.

What about KK's game plans make you think he is a good offensive coordinator?
What makes you think his coaching is trending in the right direction?
What makes you think he is improving as a play caller?

Our stats have improved...until recently. Our W-L has improved...barely. It may only improve 1/2 of a game. A half a game! KM, despite some continued glaring deficiencies, papered over the cracks in KK's game for a while. Now that KM is hurt and isn't his dynamic self, and the coaching and game planning and situational stuff needs to cover for him, there isn't anything special happening. Right now, KK couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag.

But, hey, we had good stats for a while!

PS: Stating that other posters wanted different coaches has zero bearing on KK's coaching abilities.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Poor Defense, DL, LBs, DBs, are not on KK
Poor Kicking, Punter and Special Teams is not on KK
Bad Interior line, Bad WR production (outside of DHop), journey men TEs are not on KK.

KK was asked to be coach of offense (which is not bad except for the last two) and rest will be taken care for him. IT IS ALL on KEIM.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Same crap every week - they're only consistent in their inconsistency. Fraudulent team with a fraudulent head coach.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What about KK's game plans make you think he is a good offensive coordinator?
What makes you think his coaching is trending in the right direction?
What makes you think he is improving as a play caller?

PS: Stating that other posters wanted different coaches has zero bearing on KK's coaching abilities.

You can certainly criticize KK for head coaching situations/results. No doubt. You can also say he put us in positions to win nearly every game we lost (except Carolina and the Rams).

But you ignore the fact that he has taken the worst offense in the NFL in 2018 to one of the best (statistically) in 2020 with a 2nd year rookie QB and Dhop. That is really all that has changed talent wise from 2018. We also have a hell of an oline coach (that KK hired), so don't tell me Pugh, Cole, or Sweezy are good.

My point about other posters wanting different coaches - we don't know crap about what is going on. If you think KK is doing a bad job...where would we be with your first choice of Gase, Campbell, Caldwell, DeFlilipo, etc? This board is out of touch with reality. When we were 5-2, people thought were were going to the Super Bowl. Now that we are 6-6, the HC needs to be fired and the franchise QB isn't any good (never mind the records the dude is setting in his 2nd year).

I say all that to say - have perspective. Where have we come from, what did we expect this year, and are we on the right track/playing better than last year (at this point in the year).

We also aren't talking about the defense enough. We don't have Chandler Jones, PP21 is washed according to everyone on this board, Hicks sucks, VJ sucks, etc. How is a team with one of the best offenses in the NFL supposed to win with a lack of talent/coaching on D? Could it be KK's fault for hiring VJ? Sure. Who else would you have hired and would it have made a difference with the talent level on D?

The KK experience should be a three year (minimum) commitment. We committed to a guy like KK and a 5-10 QB who was going to play baseball. Nothing that has happened this year surprises me. I didn't expect we would be some formidable playoff contender this year and I don't think most of the people on this board did either. We started 5-2 and people lost their minds and their perspective.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Depends on how we finish. If we do 6-10 or 7-9. Yes. 8-8+ is a sign of improvement and that he hasn’t lost the locker room.

I think this is a .500 team with signs of potential. We lost a lot of games we should have won

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You can certainly criticize KK for head coaching situations/results. No doubt. You can also say he put us in positions to win nearly every game we lost (except Carolina and the Rams).

But you ignore the fact that he has taken the worst offense in the NFL in 2018 to one of the best (statistically) in 2020 with a 2nd year rookie QB and Dhop. That is really all that has changed talent wise from 2018. We also have a hell of an oline coach (that KK hired), so don't tell me Pugh, Cole, or Sweezy are good.

My point about other posters wanting different coaches - we don't know crap about what is going on. If you think KK is doing a bad job...where would we be with your first choice of Gase, Campbell, Caldwell, DeFlilipo, etc? This board is out of touch with reality. When we were 5-2, people thought were were going to the Super Bowl. Now that we are 6-6, the HC needs to be fired and the franchise QB isn't any good (never mind the records the dude is setting in his 2nd year).

I say all that to say - have perspective. Where have we come from, what did we expect this year, and are we on the right track/playing better than last year (at this point in the year).

We also aren't talking about the defense enough. We don't have Chandler Jones, PP21 is washed according to everyone on this board, Hicks sucks, VJ sucks, etc. How is a team with one of the best offenses in the NFL supposed to win with a lack of talent/coaching on D? Could it be KK's fault for hiring VJ? Sure. Who else would you have hired and would it have made a difference with the talent level on D?

The KK experience should be a three year (minimum) commitment. We committed to a guy like KK and a 5-10 QB who was going to play baseball. Nothing that has happened this year surprises me. I didn't expect we would be some formidable playoff contender this year and I don't think most of the people on this board did either. We started 5-2 and people lost their minds and their perspective.

I don't agree with everything you say, especially a minimum 3-year commitment to KK, but this is a cogent statement of your stance and a good argument.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Guys. Kliff system is to have the QB run in some designed plays. Kyler is elite when he is running on designed plays. He is hurt enough that they can’t risk him getting hit on his throwing shoulder. That is why we are struggling. Kliff isn’t McVay or any other coach that has the QB sit back and pick apart teams with short throws. We played well against New England and the Rams for how good their defense is. If Kyler could run. We would be 8-4 but if we can make a kick we would be 9-3

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't agree with everything you say, especially a minimum 3-year commitment to KK, but this is a cogent statement of your stance and a good argument.

Appreciate it. I should have said (and meant) that at this point (taking everything into consideration) we give KK a 3 year commitment.

Obviously - if the offense/K1 regressed vs improved (like we have), we were getting outmatched (vs being in a position to win most games), and our record was 2-9, 3-7, 4-6 (vs 6-6)...I would have a different opinion.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Different conversation if Kliff handles the Patriots and Dolphins games better. Those were coaching games. Which is I guess a credit to Kliff because he had two big time coaches on their heels...until he didnt.

8-4 changes everything around here.

Winning the next 4 restores positivity.

Last edited:

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His post game comments," You have to take your hat off to them, they came up with a good game plan" absolutely makes me ill. Week in and week out same crap. This is the NFL and the opposing teams are competing against KK. News alert KK.... you are not hard to scheme against! Bring the defense up and slow the receivers from getting through their routes. Game over.

Also, KK is a terrible leader of men, an awful play caller and is truly afraid to make any call at the end of a game. He is a LOSER! It is his resume. Why did anyone think it would change?
Do we really need another season to figure that out? We will finish this season with a very talented team who has no head coaching leadership and will be watching the playoffs from a sofa at home.
RIP KK.... not if but when!

Reaction score
I'm not really trying to pin the loss on anyone. I think that Kingsbury created a game plan that was designed to hold onto the ball, create extended drives, and keep the Pats offense off the field. For the most part that worked -- we had nearly 10 minutes' greater TOP.

I think this highlighted how dependent this offense can be on Kyler being 100%. Kyler and Kliff share the blame for that, because I don't think Kyler likes playing through adversity very much, and I think that Kliff is extremely focused on the long-term development of Murray, which has cost us 2-4 wins over the last two years.

Teams aren't afraid of Murray playing from the pocket yet. And for good reason, because Murray hasn't shown that he can beat teams from the pocket when his body is in Week 11 condition.
Yes it is his fault
Him/keim