Should KK be on the Hot Seat??

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by az jam, Nov 30, 2020.

1. DumboD

DumboD Rookie

No...at different times in the season, the Cards have impressed. And, as was pointed out, there's no reason to replace him unless there's someone available to hire who will give you better results. Let's face it...unless the team has a total meltdown....he's here to stay and probably until the team has a losing record. Mike McCarthy might be available though....

daves likes this.
  2. TheCardFan

TheCardFan Things have changed.

IF we win 2 more games - we have 8 wins this year.

That is as many wins as we have had the last two years combined.

And its the most win we have had since 2015.

I am not saying we couldn't have been better but jeez...we are heading in the right direction so far.

3. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

if we win only two more games the rest of the season, that means we will have gone 2-5 to end the year. That’s not trending positive. At that point, I think it’s safe to say jury is out and that it’s hard to say we’re moving in the right direction floundering down the stretch.

Collapsing down the stretch of any season calls into question exactly which way the team is headed.

Solar7, nashman and Stout like this.
  4. 82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad 7 x 70

Aside from the "hoped-for" development and refinement of Murray, what else gets you excited about what lies ahead for this team? D-Hop is great, but he will simply fill the void left by Fitz... is there any meaningful net-gain there?
    Kirk is supposed to be our #2, but can we really get pumped about that???
    Does Drake really get you excited??

On defense, our d-line has zero depth... At Linebacker, Hicks is solid and Simmons in coming on nicely. Budda is more than good enough at Safety, but line our d-line, there is zero depth there and at CB. It's virtually impossible to think PP21 will be back again in '21.

And then there is Kliffy Too Cool for School LuluLemon Kingsbury... I honestly don't see much here to get excited about at all...

5. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Edmonds’ rise.

Humphries playing above his contract.

Murphy steadily getting better.

Jalen when he’s not injured.

Those are things that at least I have gotten very excited about.

ajcardfan, MrYeahbut, nashman and 2 others like this.
  6. DVontel

DVontel Registered

I know not to expect happiness on this board during the current slump but Jesus man, lmao.

ajcardfan, legend, kerouac9 and 3 others like this.
  7. cheesebeef

i think that’s overkill pessimism. Kyler is a work in progress and obviously still favoring that shoulder. But I still think there’s a hell of a lot to be excited about there for at least five years before his body can’t take the pounding.

8. SoonerLou

SoonerLou Registered

this reaction.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  9. nashman

nashman Registered User

it would be nice to mix it up but these fools can’t even run regular sets without false starts, can you imagine if there is a lot of presnap movement. Execution is one of the main issues on this team and that is coaching IMO. We have more stupid penalties that any team in football that just ridiculous!

10. AZ Native

AZ Native Living is Easy with Eyes Closed Contributor

Sure any head coach/offensive coordinator who has had the #1 or #2 offense in the entire NFL should be on the hot seat. It goes with the territory. Such a dumb question.

ajcardfan and legend like this.
  11. juza76

juza76 Registered

Hicks is nowhere solid, he is in the bottom of the nfl regarding ILB, having ton of tackles doesn't mean anything, he is just too slow, and with the modern football with so many qb's able to have some good runs he is just a liability, plus he can't cover anyone
    This coaching staff seems to stick too much with veterans instead of trying different options
    Our weaknesses is on the middle of the field most of the time, Campbell had some good plays but in several games he has been a no factor and Hicks has lost more then just a step
    Simmons even with his flaws should have been more involved even in the first games, especially spying on qb and rushing from the outside

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  12. cardpa

cardpa Have a Nice Day!

I'm going to use an analogy to explain how I see Kingsbury. I had a manager once who was the leader of our electrical group at an engineering firm. We all had projects we worked on. He also took on quite a few projects which made him unavailable and out of the office most of the time. In fact I rarely saw him. The problem was if you needed help or some other kind of assistance he was never around. If you did happen to catch him, he usually laid the problem back on you or it took forever for him to help. He took the position of manager but really wanted to work projects instead so his duties as a manager suffered.

This is how I see Kingsbury as a head coach. He's so involved in being a offensive coordinator and quarterback coach (basically doing the things he likes) that he doesn't give enough time or attention to being the head coach. Because of that the team suffers overall because some of the duties of being the head coach are not fulfilled or don't get the needed time and attention they are required. I think this is why clock management, penalties (discipline), etc. suffer.

TaylorSwift and MrYeahbut like this.
  13. TaylorSwift

TaylorSwift Registered

Nah, let him finish out this season.

These next few weeks and a potential playoff game or two will say a lot about where the Cards will go in the Kingsbury era.

Gotta give him a chance to improve and show that he can evolve and find ways to elevate his team with his decision making at all levels.

14. Stout

Stout Hold onto the ball, Murray!

You absolutely have to let him finish the season, yes. Depending on how he finishes would--or should--determine if he's definitely retained, on the hot seat, or fired. If we start the season 6-3 and end the season 2-5, without a winning season, he should be gonzo for sure. If we start the season 6-3 and fail to make the expanded playoffs with a winning record, he should be on the hot seat. If we squeak into the playoffs without a winning record, he should also be on the hot seat. If we make the playoffs with a winning record, you gotta give him another shot.

That's where I stand on it.

TaylorSwift likes this.
  15. cheesebeef

this is such a disingenuous argument. We’re second in yards. Eighth in PPGs. You know... the thing that actually determines how successful the offense is. Also, we’ve seen a disturbing downward trend whenever Kyler isn’t making things happen out of thin air. If you’re going to accuse others of being dumb, try not leading by example.

Stout likes this.