Should KK be on the Hot Seat??

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aside from the "hoped-for" development and refinement of Murray, what else gets you excited about what lies ahead for this team? D-Hop is great, but he will simply fill the void left by Fitz... is there any meaningful net-gain there?
Kirk is supposed to be our #2, but can we really get pumped about that???
Does Drake really get you excited??

On defense, our d-line has zero depth... At Linebacker, Hicks is solid and Simmons in coming on nicely. Budda is more than good enough at Safety, but line our d-line, there is zero depth there and at CB. It's virtually impossible to think PP21 will be back again in '21.

And then there is Kliffy Too Cool for School LuluLemon Kingsbury... I honestly don't see much here to get excited about at all...

i think that’s overkill pessimism. Kyler is a work in progress and obviously still favoring that shoulder. But I still think there’s a hell of a lot to be excited about there for at least five years before his body can’t take the pounding.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this reaction.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The one area I need to see more from Kliff and hold him accountable for.

1 - He needs to get the damn penalties fixed.

The others...meh. I would like to see him stop babying Kyler, but Kyler is inexperienced and very unrefined. It may just need to happen whether I like it or not. The play design is fine IMO which is why we are ranked offensively where we are despite Kyler's inconsistent play. I would like to see more pre-snap motion but I am guessing there is a reason he isn't using it as much as other teams.

it would be nice to mix it up but these fools can’t even run regular sets without false starts, can you imagine if there is a lot of presnap movement. Execution is one of the main issues on this team and that is coaching IMO. We have more stupid penalties that any team in football that just ridiculous!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Sure any head coach/offensive coordinator who has had the #1 or #2 offense in the entire NFL should be on the hot seat. It goes with the territory. Such a dumb question.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Aside from the "hoped-for" development and refinement of Murray, what else gets you excited about what lies ahead for this team? D-Hop is great, but he will simply fill the void left by Fitz... is there any meaningful net-gain there?
Kirk is supposed to be our #2, but can we really get pumped about that???
Does Drake really get you excited??

On defense, our d-line has zero depth... At Linebacker, Hicks is solid and Simmons in coming on nicely. Budda is more than good enough at Safety, but line our d-line, there is zero depth there and at CB. It's virtually impossible to think PP21 will be back again in '21.

And then there is Kliffy Too Cool for School LuluLemon Kingsbury... I honestly don't see much here to get excited about at all...

Hicks is nowhere solid, he is in the bottom of the nfl regarding ILB, having ton of tackles doesn't mean anything, he is just too slow, and with the modern football with so many qb's able to have some good runs he is just a liability, plus he can't cover anyone
This coaching staff seems to stick too much with veterans instead of trying different options
Our weaknesses is on the middle of the field most of the time, Campbell had some good plays but in several games he has been a no factor and Hicks has lost more then just a step
Simmons even with his flaws should have been more involved even in the first games, especially spying on qb and rushing from the outside

Last edited:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm going to use an analogy to explain how I see Kingsbury. I had a manager once who was the leader of our electrical group at an engineering firm. We all had projects we worked on. He also took on quite a few projects which made him unavailable and out of the office most of the time. In fact I rarely saw him. The problem was if you needed help or some other kind of assistance he was never around. If you did happen to catch him, he usually laid the problem back on you or it took forever for him to help. He took the position of manager but really wanted to work projects instead so his duties as a manager suffered.

This is how I see Kingsbury as a head coach. He's so involved in being a offensive coordinator and quarterback coach (basically doing the things he likes) that he doesn't give enough time or attention to being the head coach. Because of that the team suffers overall because some of the duties of being the head coach are not fulfilled or don't get the needed time and attention they are required. I think this is why clock management, penalties (discipline), etc. suffer.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nah, let him finish out this season.

These next few weeks and a potential playoff game or two will say a lot about where the Cards will go in the Kingsbury era.

Gotta give him a chance to improve and show that he can evolve and find ways to elevate his team with his decision making at all levels.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Nah, let him finish out this season.

These next few weeks and a potential playoff game or two will say a lot about where the Cards will go in the Kingsbury era.

Gotta give him a chance to improve and show that he can evolve and find ways to elevate his team with his decision making at all levels.

You absolutely have to let him finish the season, yes. Depending on how he finishes would--or should--determine if he's definitely retained, on the hot seat, or fired. If we start the season 6-3 and end the season 2-5, without a winning season, he should be gonzo for sure. If we start the season 6-3 and fail to make the expanded playoffs with a winning record, he should be on the hot seat. If we squeak into the playoffs without a winning record, he should also be on the hot seat. If we make the playoffs with a winning record, you gotta give him another shot.

That's where I stand on it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure any head coach/offensive coordinator who has had the #1 or #2 offense in the entire NFL should be on the hot seat. It goes with the territory. Such a dumb question.

this is such a disingenuous argument. We’re second in yards. Eighth in PPGs. You know... the thing that actually determines how successful the offense is. Also, we’ve seen a disturbing downward trend whenever Kyler isn’t making things happen out of thin air. If you’re going to accuse others of being dumb, try not leading by example.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we have to win out for him to deserve the job. Even that might not be enough. He can get away with a couple of close wins, but the rest have to be double digit spreads.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is such a disingenuous argument. We’re second in yards. Eighth in PPGs. You know... the thing that actually determines how successful the offense is. Also, we’ve seen a disturbing downward trend whenever Kyler isn’t making things happen out of thin air. If you’re going to accuse others of being dumb, try not leading by example.

We were 32nd in scoring in 2018 and tied for 16th last year and, as you said, 8th this year. Some people might see that as improvement, but it is failure. The game isn't played for participation trophies.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We were 32nd in scoring in 2018 and tied for 16th last year and, as you said, 8th this year. Some people might see that as improvement, but it is failure. The game isn't played for participation trophies.

thing for me is if he shows that he can create a really good offense without Kyler’s legs carrying him, I’d be excited and give him more breathing room. But last season the offense was mediocre and so far this season, if Kyler isn’t playing like a video game player, the offense is even more vanilla and that’s after adding a HOF level WR.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just so i understand

KK could go 10-6 and that means he gets fired?

that’s way extreme for me. His seat doesn’t get hot this season as far as I’m concerned if we end up 9-7 and in the playoffs. That’s success even if we stumbled down the stretch the second half of the year.

if we go 8-8, I’ll be pretty pissed and think next season should be make or break.

(all of this typed with knowledge that it doesn’t matter if I think he’s on the hot seat or not.)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I think we have to win out for him to deserve the job. Even that might not be enough. He can get away with a couple of close wins, but the rest have to be double digit spreads.

LOL - you're joking right?

You're not a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers dude.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
that’s way extreme for me. His seat doesn’t get hot this season as far as I’m concerned if we end up 9-7 and in the playoffs. That’s success even if we stumbled down the stretch the second half of the year.

if we go 8-8, I’ll be pretty pissed and think next season should be make or break.

(all of this typed with knowledge that it doesn’t matter if I think he’s on the hot seat or not.)

i think the moment you hired KK and drafted K1, the org said "starting over from scratch" -- that says three years at a minimum.

Unless it is a Wilks-ian clown show, you cant change direction again after two years.

That would make four different HC / coaching staffs / schemes in five years. Hard to win that way.

BTW, just to make the Boards head explode: baked into the "change the HC argument" is the implicit statement that Steve Keim has built a 12 -13 win roster that KK has mismanaged.

and i co-sign your last statement

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think the moment you hired KK and drafted K1, the org said "starting over from scratch" -- that says three years at a minimum.

Unless it is a Wilks-ian clown show, you cant change direction again after two years.

That would make four different HC / coaching staffs / schemes in five years. Hard to win that way.

BTW, just to make the Boards head explode: baked into the "change the HC argument" is the implicit statement that Steve Keim has built a 12 -13 win roster that KK has mismanaged.

and i co-sign your last statement

Agree on the three years thing, but if KK is gone after three, Keim’s fat ass better be following him out the doir IMO. It’s a failure on all sides if this isn’t a legit Super Bowl contender next year that looks like an every year playoff contender moving forward. Meaning not a team that squeaks into the playoffs as the new 7th seed. Three years is more than enough time to get there. We’ve seen guys turn dumpster fires around quickly.

Stout

Reaction score
Unless KK just completely bombs next year, he won’t possibly be on the hot seat until 2022.

So going from 6-3 to 6-10 with a 7-game losing streak not only wouldn't heat up the seat, but he'd have to have a bomb NEXT year on top of an epic collapse THIS year to even be CONSIDERED on the hot seat? Man, I'm glad you aren't in charge!

I hope we don't collapse like that, but we're not looking good. Damn well better finish with a winning record, or that will be failure enough.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So going from 6-3 to 6-10 with a 7-game losing streak not only wouldn't heat up the seat, but he'd have to have a bomb NEXT year on top of an epic collapse THIS year to even be CONSIDERED on the hot seat? Man, I'm glad you aren't in charge!

I hope we don't collapse like that, but we're not looking good. Damn well better finish with a winning record, or that will be failure enough.
Stout, I’ll be honest man, I really never take any of your posts seriously. About anything.

Tried to be nice as I could saying that. You’re just 1 of 3 current posters though so don’t feel like you’re alone.

Stout

Reaction score
Stout, I’ll be honest man, I really never take any of your posts seriously. About anything.

Tried to be nice as I could saying that. You’re just 1 of 3 current posters though so don’t feel like you’re alone.

Pardon me while I'm not offended. No need to soften an imaginary blow. It's a message board, and I'm a fan. Nothing on a message board is truly serious.

Honestly, to me you're one of the faceless hundreds or thousands of posters who come and go around here over the years. That isn't a negative or a positive. With very, very few exceptions (anyone remember Tango?), I look at post content rather than poster. Your last post content was pretty ridiculous, IMO, so I said so. A 7-game slide to end a season would put ANY coach on the hot seat.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We have 5 losses and 4 of them are by 1 score. One 7 point loss and three by a field goal.

if we have a money kicker this season looks very very different.

you would think we are in the running for the number 1 pick the way some guys talk

Stout

Reaction score
We have 5 losses and 4 of them are by 1 score. One 7 point loss and three by a field goal.

if we have a money kicker this season looks very very different.

you would think we are in the running for the number 1 pick the way some guys talk

And you think "some guys" are full of hyperbole?