Should Fitz be on the cover of Madden 10?

Should Fitz be the Madden 10 cover?

• Yes! Fitz deserves the cover!

Votes: 28 40.0%
  • No thanks, I don't want him to get the "Madden Curse"

Votes: 42 60.0%

• Total voters

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
My friends and I were discussing this last night.. we've concluded it will probably come down to someone from the Cardinals or Steelers on the cover.. we all feel Fitz deserves it more than anyone. What do you think?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My friends and I were discussing this last night.. we've concluded it will probably come down to someone from the Cardinals or Steelers on the cover.. we all feel Fitz deserves it more than anyone. What do you think?

NO! Put Somebody from SF or Seattle on the Cover.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :mulli:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Deserves it? Yes, hands down.

Should he? No. If he's even half superstitious he should avoid it like a plague.

OP
OP
Mrh182

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Deserves it? Yes, hands down.

Should he? No. If he's even half superstitious he should avoid it like a plague.

Wow.. lots of people don't like the idea... and I think this answer sums up a very good feeling on the situation :thumbup:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz wouldn't be that dumb IMO.

Public Polls People!! I wanna know who had the audacity to click "yes" there. :)

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Those voting yes are only encouraging a sub .500 season and serious injury to Larry.

I don't want a Cardinal to be on the Madden cover ever.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First of all, it's not up to Fitz.

Second of all, the Cardinals are still not nearly as marketable as a bunch of other teams.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A WR has never been on the cover, so that would be a break in tradition.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
When John Madden was on the cover(s) Turducken sales were up 48%

Burg72

Registered
Reaction score
Did Favre really get the "curse" this year. He did have his team one game out of the playoffs but did have alot of backstabbing in their locker room. Secretly, I think that Brady was on the cover.

Hazzard29

Registered
Reaction score
He deserves it... but I really hope they give it to Big Ben or Polamalu. Let the curse hit Pittsburgh.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Did Favre really get the "curse" this year. He did have his team one game out of the playoffs but did have alot of backstabbing in their locker room. Secretly, I think that Brady was on the cover.
Favre had a bad bicep injury and singlehandedly sunk the chances of the Jets chance at postseason with his garbage play the last month of the season.

I'd say that fits the Madden Curse parameters.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Favre had a bad bicep injury and singlehandedly sunk the chances of the Jets chance at postseason with his garbage play the last month of the season.

I'd say that fits the Madden Curse parameters.

I'd also say Thomas Jones was the #1 reason the Jets we close to the playoffs, not Farve.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'd also say Thomas Jones was the #1 reason the Jets we close to the playoffs, not Farve.

The Jets lost 4 of their last 5 and averaged 194 yards a game passing.

Farve was 20-31-137 1 INT against SF and 18-31-187 and 2 INT against Seattle. :eek:

If that doesn't meet the parameters of the Madden Curse I don't know what does.

SF and Seattle!!!!! If it hadn't been for the Cards Farve would have sucked all year. We need to keep an eye on that when considering paying Warner a ton of money and trading Leinart.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Blasphemy.

Untimely interceptions, erratic play and clearly forced passes over a month period >>>> Thomas Jones' failure to show up in the final game of the season.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First of all, it's not up to Fitz.

Second of all, the Cardinals are still not nearly as marketable as a bunch of other teams.
I am pretty sure it is up to Fitz. LT declined to be on the cover IIRC.

Secondly, I dont think team marketablity has anything to do with it, and even if it did, why wouldn't we qualify? How marketable were the Seahawks, Falcons or Titans in recent years?

Personally, I'll be shocked if he isn't offered the cover. No other player in the league grabbed the nation's attention this year like he did during the playoffs.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Madden is overrated! 2k5 was the best football game ever!
Won't go that far, but 2K5 from a gameplay standpoint pretty much had the video game football genre locked DOWN. Once you got comfortable with the controls, my goodness was it nice. Franchise Mode was fundamentally flawed in that game, however.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it is up to Fitz. LT declined to be on the cover IIRC.

Secondly, I dont think team marketablity has anything to do with it, and even if it did, why wouldn't we qualify? How marketable were the Seahawks, Falcons or Titans in recent years?

Personally, I'll be shocked if he isn't offered the cover. No other player in the league grabbed the nation's attention this year like he did during the playoffs.
Yup, LT refused the cover and Vince Young was put on it instead.

AzWins23

Reaction score
Won't go that far, but 2K5 from a gameplay standpoint pretty much had the video game football genre locked DOWN. Once you got comfortable with the controls, my goodness was it nice. Franchise Mode was fundamentally flawed in that game, however.

True! Nothing was better when they had NFL Primetime, and the draft preview with Mel Kiper. If the NFL and EA didn't monopolize football games, 2k had something real special