Shock-Mercury WNBA Finals

HooverDam

Reaction score
Well this was the first Mercury game Ive watched all year, and I don't know if she's normally good ,but that Tangela Smith chick was horrid. She missed quite a few wide open 3's, other wide open jumpers, and though she did grab a big rebound down at the end of the game, they Merc were trailing by three and she tossed it to the other team. Just a terrible performance by her.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Ouch, that was bad. Mercury were down by 3-8 points the entire game. They just couldn't take the lead because of the offensive rebounds they gave up and on one possession they missed like 5 or 6 shots, ugh...Good thing it's not a 3-game series. There were about 16-17K people there. Nice, loud crowd, but some cornholio Detroit fans too. :p

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Well this was the first Mercury game Ive watched all year, and I don't know if she's normally good ,but that Tangela Smith chick was horrid. She missed quite a few wide open 3's, other wide open jumpers, and though she did grab a big rebound down at the end of the game, they Merc were trailing by three and she tossed it to the other team. Just a terrible performance by her.

Yes, she's usually pretty good. Taurasi didn't do **** either. :-/

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
The game sure does look different when you're there. I guess it's because most of her 8 missed 3's were in that first half and she looked bad.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I only caught the last 5 minutes of the game, but the Mercury win on a last second miss by the Shock, good job! One more to go.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Good win. It worried me because we were outplayed most of the game, but all that matters is the finals score. Great game by Cappie, but the Mercury will need to start making their shots if the want to win in Detroit. I don't want to see 29% shooting at any point the next game because it'll be a blowout. The series has been very physical. I'm loving it so far.

Cheryl Ford may be out for Game 5. Darn it. Does anyone know if it was her knee again? Multiple knee injuries are not good.

I'll need to record the next game though because I'll be at the Cards game.

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the worst when Diana got 2 quick fouls (total bull calls, btw) but great job by the Mercury to force GAME 5!!!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not the biggest fan of the wnba but its cool the mercury are close to winning a championship wish them the best of luck GO MERCURY

LavaLamp2

Registered
Reaction score
Cheryl Ford may be out for Game 5. Darn it. Does anyone know if it was her knee again? Multiple knee injuries are not good.

Yes, Cheryl Ford hurt her left knee again. Deanna Nolan landed on Cheryl's left calf after blocking a Cappie Pondexter floater, and somehow hurt Cheryl's knee.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
What time is the game on Sunday? I hope it's not during the Cardinals game.

OP
OP
N

Nasser22

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be at the Cards game so I'll have to record it. Good thing there are very few WNBA fans at a football stadium so it won't be spoiled for me...hopefully.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I totally forgot about the game, and was switching between the Cards and Dbacks, and Darren Sutton mentioned that the Mercury won, so I flipped over to ESPN to catch the celebration- neat! Congrats Mercury.

Now if the Dbacks and Cards can win, coupled with the ASU win, it'll be a solid weekend for Phoenix sports.

EDIT: Also, I'd bet cash money that between the 3 events, the Cards had the highest TV rating, then the Dbacks, then the Mercury.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mercury handled their business in that game. It was never in question.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
grats to the mercury for winning their first wnba title :)

HooverDam

Reaction score
I suppose their won't be a parade for the Mercury, since it would be very small...but I wonder if they'll have some sort of welcome home event/celebration for them.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What's most impressive is that they beat very good teams to win the title, especially 2-time champ DET on their home court. Look out Suns the best B ball team in AZ may be the Mercury.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard