OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said he wasn't at fault for the accident.

He didn't cause it but who knows if the alcohol affected his reaction time, alertness, etc. Maybe if he was sober he could have seen or avoided the other driver (who I believe ran a red light).

Doesn't change the fact that he was (allegedly) driving drunk. Another rich actor too proud/stupid to use a limo or a cab...or simply hire a driver. In a recent Details magazine Shia even talked about his problem with alcohol - saying "I don't know how to have one drink..."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shia LaBeouf Only Expects To Regain '80-Something Percent' Use Of Hand

Access Hollywood
Apr 14, 2009

Shia LaBeouf's July 2008 car accident left his hand seriously injured and his driver's license suspended for one year. And in a new interview with Entertainment Weekly, the actor said he will be able to get behind the wheel again, but says he doesn't think he'll ever regain the full use of his hand.

"I've had screws and plates put in. They put a screw in one of my knuckles. And they shaved a piece of bone off my hip and made a [bone for my] finger out of it," he said of his hand that has required three surgeries, the most recent on April 2. "I imagine like two months and I'll be back on my feet."

Though the actor believes he'll bounce back from the third surgery, he said his hand will never be the same.

"[I'll get back] probably about 80-something percent. I'll be able to make a fist again. There's a knuckle I'll never be able to move again, but that's probably the only permanent damage, other than the scarring," he told the mag.

Shia's daily life has already been dramatically affected by his injury.

"It's hard to do anything. It's hard to button your pants or brush your teeth, let alone jump off a three-story building into a pad. This movie was the most physical thing I've ever had to do, and I had to do it with a broken hand," he said of filming the upcoming "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen."

"It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life. Constantly having to take hits and fall and run through explosions and get hit and beat up all day," he continued. "Aside from my hand, I also got 25 stitches making this movie, in various parts of my body — stuff that had nothing to do with my hand."

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, in September, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office announced there was "insufficient evidence" to charge the "Transformers" star with drunken driving for his involvement in the accident.

The actor was arrested for suspicion of DUI following the crash after showing "physical signs" of being impaired, LA Sheriff's Department spokesperson Steve Whitmore previously said.

However, at the time, the DA's office did note Shia's refusal to take a Breathalyzer test could result in a suspension of his license.

Sheriff's deputies said later that the actor was not at fault in the accident.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's why you don't drink and drive you bitch

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's why you don't drink and drive you bitch

At least he's finally owning up to his own drinking and driving.

Shia LaBeouf Talks Drinking, Drugs & His Indecent Disney Moment

AccessHollywood
LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

It’s been a long recovery for Shia LaBeouf since the night his Ford F-150 flipped during a late-night collision last July, injuring his left hand – and in a new interview with Playboy, the star said it’ll never be the same again.

“Permanently f****d,” he told Playboy. “I’ll never be back to 100 percent or have full recovery. I can’t zipper my zipper or button my shirt without extreme pain. But I chalk it up as my own s**t. This accident is what I needed in my life. I’m not in control. For the first time, I can admit that and know that –- the hand is like a tattoo that says MISTAKE.”

Shia, 22, told the mag he shouldn’t have gotten behind the wheel that fateful night.

“I had a whiskey and three beers,” he said. “I’m not going to start speaking on law stuff now and corner myself, but the fact that I ever got into the car was a mistake.”

“I’m in AA now, too,” he continued. “I’ve had drinks, but it has been a leveling-out process. Am I an alcoholic? I may not be. I don’t know. But I also know that in the situation I’m in, with temptations what they are, I have no room for alcohol in my life.”

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, the Los Angeles District Attorney’s office announced last September that there was “insufficient evidence” to charge the actor with drunken driven, though his license was suspended in January as a result of his “refusal of chemical tests” directly following the accident.

Despite his troubles, the young star has become a box office success thanks to such movies as “Transformers” and “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” and he said that “Jones” director Steven Spielberg stood by him through the turbulence.

“He remains faithful and very much a mentor,” Shia said. “He calls to check in. Harrison Ford calls too.”

Though Shia once starred on Disney’s “Even Stevens,” he didn’t have a squeaky-clean childhood – he grew up “broke” with self-described hippie parents in LA’s Echo Park neighborhood and an anything-goes lifestyle that extended to the TV show’s set.

“I would do insane things,” he said. “We’d be working on scenes… and we’d decide, ‘Hey, let’s strip down to our bare asses and streak down the hallway.’ Somewhere in the Disney vaults there’s video footage with my penis on it.”

And life at home was sometimes spent under the influence.

“I like pot,” Shia said. “I grew up with a bunch of hippies, and marijuana was always around. It has never been a monster for me. But I definitely saw from a very young age what drugs can do to you.”

As a teen, he starred on “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle” while going through puberty – and said being around the film’s beautiful stars was “torture.”

“Lucy Liu… would play with my mind,” he said. “I was deep in puberty at this point. Hormones are flying off of me. I mean, what are you supposed to do? You’re 14, 15 years old, and you’ve got the f******g sexiest woman in the world sitting across from you.”

But now, Shia says he’s growing up, and fans will see him back and bigger than ever in this summer’s “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen” – a film he claims earned Guiness World Records for its explosions.

“[It’s] the first movie ever to shoot with actors on the Pyramids,” Shia said. “We got something like five Guinness records for making this film, including one of the biggest explosions with an actor in it in the history of cinema.”

Though acting alongside CGI robots is tricky, Shia said director Michael Bay was a big help.

“He’ll blow things up for no reason, just to get a reaction,” he said. “The guy’s a maniac.”

While Shia said he’s happy to be an action star, he’s hoping to one day tone things down on screen.

“I feel like the luckiest guy in the world to get the roles I get,” he said. “Sure, I’d sometimes rather be cooking pancakes with Dustin Hoffman in a movie like ‘Kramer Vs. Kramer.’”

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Enough LaBeouf

See what I did there? I rhymed and was ironic at the same time. I love me

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At least he's finally owning up to his own drinking and driving.

We'll owning up and taking responsibility are two different things. Instead of complaining about how complicated he has made his life he should be thanking the lord he didn't kill someone. Beyond that he should be preaching anti-drinking to the people who are demographical targets of his movies.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guy is getting douchier all the time.

It takes two to tango, as they say, but why come out now and talk about hooking up with girls who were in relationships?

How about: "No comment."

-------------------------------

Transformers stars' on-set romance

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/5209513/Transformers-stars-on-set-romance

"I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry on screen."

The movie hunk - who is currently dating Vietnamese-American stylist Karolyn Pho - was asked whether Fox was with Brian Austin Green at the time, or if they had been on a "break". The pair had a famously on/off relationship before tying the knot last year.

"I don't know, man. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know..." replied LaBeouf. "It was what it was."

Shia LaBeouf kisses and tells

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/28/2289761/shia-labeouf-kisses-and-tells.html

The L.A. native, who plays earth-saver Sam Witwicky in the hit franchise, also admitted to messing around with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen costar Isabel Lucas, who was then in a relationship with Adrien Grenier). “It was sort of disastrous,’’ LaBeouf told the mag.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
LaBeouf is the most annoying actor in Hollywood. Can't stand him.

Other than Disturbia, I've hated every movie that guy is in.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
LaBeouf is the most annoying actor in Hollywood. Can't stand him.

Other than Disturbia, I've hated every movie that guy is in.

Couldn't agree more. I won't watch movies that he is in. He's a total douchebag of a person. You ever see the video of when he dumped his drink on a camera man who was completely leaving him alone? Poured his drink on the guy then ran away like a little punk.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford slams LaBeouf over 'Indiana Jones' comments

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=655994&gt1=28148

In Details magazine, Harrison Ford criticizes former co-star Shia LaBeouf for his statements after the release of 2008's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."

"I think I told him he was a f---ing idiot," Ford recalls. "As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete a-- of myself. Shia is ambitious, attentive and talented, and he's learning how to deal with a situation which is very unique and difficult."

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really care. I have liked his work in the ****** movies.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He does ****** movies? And you are a fan of ****** movies?

You dress up to go watch them?
I think don't ask don't tell still applies in the circumstance. I mean, I am not sure, my account was hacked, I mean, uh, shut up.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Guy is getting douchier all the time.

It takes two to tango, as they say, but why come out now and talk about hooking up with girls who were in relationships?

How about: "No comment."

Transformers stars' on-set romance

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/5209513/Transformers-stars-on-set-romance

"I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing, and I think you can see the chemistry on screen."

The movie hunk - who is currently dating Vietnamese-American stylist Karolyn Pho - was asked whether Fox was with Brian Austin Green at the time, or if they had been on a "break". The pair had a famously on/off relationship before tying the knot last year.

"I don't know, man. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know..." replied LaBeouf. "It was what it was."

Shia LaBeouf kisses and tells

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/28/2289761/shia-labeouf-kisses-and-tells.html

The L.A. native, who plays earth-saver Sam Witwicky in the hit franchise, also admitted to messing around with Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen costar Isabel Lucas, who was then in a relationship with Adrien Grenier). “It was sort of disastrous,’’ LaBeouf told the mag.

That's completely lame what he did there in terms of talking about that.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another douchebag move by Shia...

Shia LaBeouf Addresses Plagiarism Allegations

http://www.etonline.com/news/141875_Shia_LaBeouf_Addresses_Plagerism_Accusations/index.html

Transformers star Shia LaBeouf recently tried his hand at writing and directing a short film called Howard Cantour, but despite its initial support and acclaim, the actor is now being accused of plagiarizing almost the entire project.

First debuting at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival, LaBeouf posted the film Monday, Dec. 16, on HowardCantour.com. The website Buzzfeed quickly noticed some startling similarities of the short to a comic titled Justin M. Damiano, written and created by Daniel Clowes.

Following the plagiarism accusations, the 27-year-old actor took to Twitter to apologize for having "neglected to follow proper accreditation." Both Howard Cantour and Justin M. Damiano begin with the main character narrating, using at times, the same lines of dialog. LaBeouf claims he wasn't copying the comic or any of Clowes' work, but was simply inspired by it.

While many feel the short is clearly based on Clowes' work (including Clowes), Clowes' name appears nowhere in the credits, or on the website, and he was never asked by LaBeouf for permission to adapt the piece.

The film follows the comic relatively closely, both in terms of dialog and in the composition of imagery. Many viewers online have even noted the similarity in appearance between the Howard Cantour cast, led by comedian Jim Gaffigan, and the characters in the comic.

Both the film and the comic begin with the narration, "A critic is a warrior, and each of us on the battlefield have the means to glorify or demolish (whether a film, a career, or an entire philosophy) by influencing perception in ways that if heartfelt and truthful, can have far-reaching repercussions."

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shia LaBeouf Bags And Bails On Berlin Press Conference

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1722022/shia-labeouf-paper-bag-nymphomaniac-berlin.jhtml

Shia LaBeouf, who is not famous anymore, left an infamous impression on attendees of the Berlin Film Festival over the weekend.

Appearing in support of Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac," LaBeouf joined his fellow cast members for a press conference on Sunday. According to The Hollywood Reporter's account of the event, the actor "looked disheveled in a dirty hat and hoodie," and was missing a lower bottom tooth. About ten minutes into the conference, LaBeouf was asked his first question — about his sex scenes in "Nymphomanaic" — yielding an unexpected and unforgettable response.

"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you," he said, "slowly and deliberately," before exiting the conference, according to THR.

The quote comes from French soccer player Eric Cantona, spoken during a 1995 press conference after an assault conviction, according to Yahoo.

Later that night, at Berlin's "Nymphomaniac" premiere, LaBeouf walked the red carpet wearing a black and white tuxedo, and a paper bag over his head. The bag was marked with the words, "I am not famous anymore," in large, black marker — the same words LaBeouf has tweeted every single day without fail since January 20.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hate to say this, but if I'm a betting man, I'm laying my money on Shia in the Hollywood Dead Pool at this point. dude seems like he's spiraling something scary.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hate to say this, but if I'm a betting man, I'm laying my money on Shia in the Hollywood Dead Pool at this point. dude seems like he's spiraling something scary.

Thought the same thing. Then I remembered how many famous people (mostly musicians) have died at age 27, so I thought..."I wonder how old he is?"

June 11, 1986 (age 27)

:eek:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, the dude is just rolling some performance art out there. I particularly enjoy the plagiarized tweets about his over the top plagiarism.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, the dude is just rolling some performance art out there. I particularly enjoy the plagiarized tweets about his over the top plagiarism.

Parody is usually the last desperate claim of a person with no talent. I think the guy desperately wants to be a hipster but lacks the credentials.