Shia LaBeouf

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't want to keep going on about Shia in the Constantine thread, but I just saw him on the Tony Danza Show.

The guy is hilarious and full of energy.

He explained that his name is French/Jewish and he is the child of hippies, hence the odd name. Tony asked what it meant and Shia explained "LaBeouf is French/Cajun for 'the beef' or just 'beef' and Shia is Hebrew for 'a gift from God'...so I think it means God likes meat."

He told about getting his start in Hollywood. He grew up poor, near the Echo Park area. His parents always encouraged him to do what he wanted, and from a young age Shia was entertaining others. He got a gig as a stand-up comic as a kid. Tony asked him what kind of material he used as a kid and Shia said "Dirty jokes, definitely dirty jokes. The owner would take away everyone's alcoholic drinks for the shows I did, and I figured I better deliver some good dirty material, because the guy who just had his screwdriver taken away isn't gonna want to hear some kiddie jokes."

He talked a bit about Constantine. He said it's more gritty, more real than some moviegoers might expect when they hear that this movie was "based on a comic" and went into it being a little darker because it was based on a graphic novel.

He just turned 18 and got his own place, but he talked about the role reversal of gaining fame at a young age and taking care of his family. He said his parents kind of became his '50-year old children.'

On how he found his first agent: "After doing the stand-up thing for awhile, I decided I wanted to do bigger things but knew I'd need help opening doors...so I found an agent in the Yellow Pages." He tried out for three things and the third one stuck...Disney's Even Stevens. He won an Emmy for his role as Louis Stevens on that show.

I'm thinking he's got a bright career ahead of him. It'll definitely be interesting to see what he does next.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is a good actor - loved him in holes - thought he did a great job with that role. i hope he's around for a long while - i think he'll be good.

shawn

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
:shock: you watch the tony danza show? :memphsisbim:

:trout:

First time I've watched it. Was flipping through the channels while building a bed and Jeff Probst was on discussing tonight's Survivor episode. I was about to change the channel when that interview wrapped up, but then Tony mentioned Keanu's co-star from Constantine was coming up next, so I kept it there.

:cool:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
:trout:

First time I've watched it. Was flipping through the channels while building a bed and Jeff Probst was on discussing tonight's Survivor episode. I was about to change the channel when that interview wrapped up, but then Tony mentioned Keanu's co-star from Constantine was coming up next, so I kept it there.

:cool:

whatever... :rolleyes:

shawn

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
whatever... :rolleyes:

shawn

Furthermore, if my wife hadn't given up television for Lent, I wouldn't have even had the television on at work. :bang: :D

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Isn't this the kid that was in the Project Greenlight movie?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why didn't they ever show that movie on HBO. I watched that whole thing but never saw the movie.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saw Disturbia last night. It was okay for some entertainment. A younger/hipper "Rear Window". It was really geared towards teens, but it is okay for 38-year-olds as well. :)

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow. That's...simply uncalled for.
:D I should say, the goal was for a younger/hipper Rear Window. If I have seen the original it was a long time ago, so I wasn't making a comparison or judgement. Should have specified...

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched this tonight with my oldest daughter. I really liked it. Shia is turning into a fantastic actor. :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty good movie...a little predictable, but good. All suspense, no horror, really.

I have been looking to get some good Horror/Suspense in HD.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shia LaBeouf recovering after hand surgery

Actor was cited for drunken driving after flipping his truck at 3 a.m.

Access Hollywood
Mon., July. 28, 2008
LOS ANGELES -

Shia LaBeouf is recovering following surgery to his left hand on Sunday, his mother said.

“I’m at the hospital right now, he’s doing fine,” Shayna LaBeouf, Shia’s mother told E! News.

She gave no further update on her son’s condition, but thanked the public for their concern over the actor, following a car crash early Sunday morning, which saw the actor flip his truck in Hollywood.

The actor was cited, arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence, and released at the hospital, following Sunday’s crash.

In related news, Us Weekly has reported that LaBeouf’s “Transformers 2” co-star, Isabel Lucas, was the female passenger in his green Ford truck when the crash occurred.

Reps for “Transformers” did not respond to calls for comment by Access at press time.

LaBeouf and Lucas reportedly spent Saturday night at Los Angeles venue, The Troubadour, prior to the incident, according to Us Weekly.

“He was dancing around and acting really crazy,” a source told Us. “He kept doing shots of whiskey.”

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They said he wasn't at fault for the accident.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard