Sherman probably being released

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys never come back from an achilles playing at the same level that they left.

Tell that to terrell Suggs whom has blown out both of his and come back at an all pro level after both.... he’s not the only one either but the most famous that comes to mind...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can get on board if his achillies checks out and he doesn’t destroy our cap, but he may want a multi-year deal and his situation merits a Keim-Time Special

This id be comfortable with.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
He is footballs version of Muhammad Ali. A loud mouth everybody loves to hate with a serious attitude problem, but the rat bastard backs it all up with his play. If healthy I wouldn't mind us signing him. Plus he would play extra mean everytime we played the Sea Chickens.

Wellthatsjustfine

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
2 blown out achilles, heading for the wrong side of age 30, and 8-figure cap number. What could go wrong?

There's a reason Seattle is cutting him loose. Pretty similar situation to the Badger, actually.
Plus he’s a pain in the @ss. Honey Badger has always been a good teammate.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
All the trash talking in the media between Sherman and Peterson is just entertainment which they are both aware of. They respect and even like each other, as can be seen exchanging jerseys and talking after games. I highly doubt Sherman would be a locker room problem in the least and probably would offer even more leadership. Sherman's character is not the problem or his game, it's his current injury status and I would say Mathieu is better off than him

Wellthatsjustfine

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't want him and he gets on my nerves, but who said that either he or Bennett is a "bad" teammate?
You’re probably right. My bad. Sherman just gets on my nerves to be honest. For all I know, he’s a great teammate. Bennett is a lying, racebaiting, scumbag though, IMO. That makes him a bad everything as far as I’m concerned. I want no parts of that family.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Tell that to terrell Suggs whom has blown out both of his and come back at an all pro level after both.... he’s not the only one either but the most famous that comes to mind...

There's always exceptions.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Are you really going to use a defensive lineman as an example? Lol

Trying to turn the corner with a 300 lbs man pushing on you is going to stress your knees more than a defensive back, plus the linemen need to be explosive off the line as well.

Its a great example actually.

Sherman's game was never about speed anyway. Sherman plays smart, has GREAT technique, and is physical.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Seahawks have informed perennial Pro-Bowl CB Richard Sherman that they are releasing him today, per league sources. End has come for one of the most iconic players in Seattle sports history. Sherman will be a free agent this weekend.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can't use Cover 3 as a case for a bad fit. We have a new regime and DC who hasn't said exactly what scheme the defense will be running plus defenses runs more than one scheme these days. If he is healthy, gets medically cleared and he isn't looking to break the bank then okay but I don't see him willing to come here and get much less than Peterson with their rivalry. That is one hell of an ego to check to accept that kind of situation but getting back at SEA might be his motivation.

There are a lot of big CB's in this draft, a lot who aren't 4.4 guys but Sherman has proven you don't have to be a sub 4.5 guy to be a great CB in this league. I look at guys like McFadden of FSU & Kameron Kelly of SDS running 4.6 but they are legit 6'2 guys with ball skills. I wouldn't mind getting one of them somewhere in the draft.

ARZ needs add at least 2 CB's this offseason as they are extremely thin on the depth chart.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
There are a lot of big CB's in this draft, a lot who aren't 4.4 guys but Sherman has proven you don't have to be a sub 4.5 guy to be a great CB in this league. I look at guys like McFadden of FSU & Kameron Kelly of SDS running 4.6 but they are legit 6'2 guys with ball skills. I wouldn't mind getting one of them somewhere in the draft.

I am on this band wagon.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like Sherman... he aint stupid and knows he isnt as valuable now as he was two years ago.
I would kick the tires and see if we can bring him in. If our defense is going to have to support the team for a few years having a guy like Sherm on the roster is a benefit.
PP21 specializes in man... Sherm specializes in zone.... it adds flexibility.
The ability to stick it to the hags a few times a season could help with the decision. We probably couldnt/wouldnt pay him more than about $7mil per though

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn