Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would seem odd as he was around for such a short time, but maybe?

Placating the fan base with what an awful choice his addition/tampering was?
I guess I will never understand the hate Eubanks gets. He's nothing special but he was far better than most of the minimum salary guys we signed. I just don't understand the hostility.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I guess I will never understand the hate Eubanks gets. He's nothing special but he was far better than most of the minimum salary guys we signed. I just don't understand the hostility.
He was terrible, full stop. Every time he was on the court we were worse. Tampering/signing him as the backup big was among the worst decisions of the offseason.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This sounds like gobbledygook.

Was Haliburton and other point guards not the right fit for the Suns?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I agree with him on this.

I am almost hoping this team stays together and a point guard is acquired and the team still sucks.

It will almost be worth it just to say I told you so to all you guys who think a PG is somehow the missing link when all they will be doing is dribbling the ball across half court only to pass it to the same 3 star players who bog down the offense and account for most of the turnovers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was terrible, full stop. Every time he was on the court we were worse. Tampering/signing him as the backup big was among the worst decisions of the offseason.
Name some other free agent center who we could have signed for the minimum who would have been better. Beggars can't be choosers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am almost hoping this team stays together and a point guard is acquired and the team still sucks.

It will almost be worth it just to say I told you so to all you guys who think a PG is somehow the missing link when all they will be doing is dribbling the ball across half court only to pass it to the same 3 star players who bog down the offense and account for most of the turnovers.

The Suns need a point guard to rest Devin Booker and take on play making when the offense stalls, sort of like Mike Conley for the Timberwolves.

Do they need more changes? Absolutely. They need a backup center and more size at forward.

However, it appears Suns ownership is not willing to concede mistakes. If they think everything is great, they are in denial.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This video is a a bit over the top to make a point, but can Ishba at least try to bring in some toughness for this team so it can compete in the playoffs? (spoiler added for language warning)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a backup he was OK. There are definitely multiple times during the season where his energy off the bench gave us a life. We are only going to be able to sign guys in his range. To expect more is unrealistic.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
For a backup he was OK. There are definitely multiple times during the season where his energy off the bench gave us a life. We are only going to be able to sign guys in his range. To expect more is unrealistic.
By the end of the year, it was clear that he was a big minus every time he came in, and an absolute mystery why his minutes weren't going to Thad. He's one of the worst backup centers in the league, and Nurk's playoff "performance" gives me even less confidence in the position.

If the option is Eubanks or small ball, I'll go small ball.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the end of the year, it was clear that he was a big minus every time he came in, and an absolute mystery why his minutes weren't going to Thad. He's one of the worst backup centers in the league, and Nurk's playoff "performance" gives me even less confidence in the position.

The Suns still need a backup center or a 4/5 that can play. They can't play Durant at center for long stretches. Lack of size is an issue with Phoenix as we saw in the playoff matchup with the Timberwolves.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns still need a backup center or a 4/5 that can play. They can't play Durant at center for long stretches. Lack of size is an issue with Phoenix as we saw in the playoff matchup with the Timberwolves.
They can't get one of those unless we trade KD - or Booker.

You guys complain about Eubanks and you want more size added - that is the best about the best case scenario for a minimum player.

I firmly believe nothing makes this team better as long as KD is still on it. He has to go.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They can't get one of those unless we trade KD - or Booker.

You guys complain about Eubanks and you want more size added - that is the best about the best case scenario for a minimum player.

I firmly believe nothing makes this team better as long as KD is still on it. He has to go.

I expect the Suns to make some trades come draft day, not including Durant and Booker.

Here is the Suns contract situation.

BY KEVIN ZIMMERMAN, ArizonaSports.com lead editor:

You must be registered for see images attach

Phoenix Suns salaries by rostered player and free agents for 2024-25 as of May 3, 2024.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

We will have to disagree because small ball was an unmitigated disaster (like it always is). We used it a ton in the season and playoffs and got swept.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect the Suns to make some trades come draft day, not including Durant and Booker.

Here is the Suns contract situation.

BY KEVIN ZIMMERMAN, ArizonaSports.com lead editor:

You must be registered for see images attach

Phoenix Suns salaries by rostered player and free agents for 2024-25 as of May 3, 2024.

What moves?

The only other player that is tradeable besides KD or Booker is Allen - and not for 6 months. Nobody wants Nurkic.

You are just dead wrong, there are no moves that can be made that don't include KD or Booker.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like to agree with Draymond, but he is right about this

That said, coaching alone will not fix this teams problems.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't agree with a ton of what Draymond says but this is on point.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
They are saying they don't need a point guard because they know they can't get one. They are saying this core just needs minor tweaks because that's all that is going to get done.

What are they going to say, we are bringing the starting 5 back because we've backed ourselves into a corner and have no choice. We can't even blow it all up since we don't own the rights to our own pics, and we were sure wrong about needing a PG, but now we have no assets to get one....oh... and please don't be afraid to buy those season ticket packages.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are saying they don't need a point guard because they know they can't get one. They are saying this core just needs minor tweaks because that's all that is going to get done.

What are they going to say, we are bringing the starting 5 back because we've backed ourselves into a corner and have no choice. We can't even blow it all up since we don't own the rights to our own pics, and we were sure wrong about needing a PG, but now we have no assets to get one....oh... and please don't be afraid to buy those season ticket packages.
I think there is some truth to this. They are not going to say anything that highlights mistakes or them being stuck. They are going to put a positive spin on scenarios that are available to them which isn't much. However, I don't think it's all that. I think part of it is arrogance if you watched that press conference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What moves?

The only other player that is tradeable besides KD or Booker is Allen - and not for 6 months. Nobody wants Nurkic.

You are just dead wrong, there are no moves that can be made that don't include KD or Booker.

Draft picks make players more tradable. Nassir Little should be a candidate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of Draymond Green but he gets this right.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Draft picks make players more traceable. Nassir Little should be a candidate.
Nassir Little - a guy that has less value than a vet minimum player. You want to give up one of the super few picks we have to dump his contract?

Yeah I am sure the guy we get in return for Nassir Little will completely turn this team around.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nassir Little - a guy that has less value than a vet minimum player. You want to give up one of the super few picks we have to dump his contract?

Yeah I am sure the guy we get in return for Nassir Little will completely turn this team around.

Nobody said it will turn this team around. Based on the press conference the other day Ishbia and JJ seem set on trading our pick away. Little makes sense to attach the pick to in order to bring someone back that can contribute.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

IN can see that. Unless it is somebody like a Harden, as the rumors say. A guy who penetrates and kicks out, that other teams know can finish, so it pressures their defense.