Secret Window?

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, I wanted to see this movie when I saw the previews. It's in the cheap theaters now, so I need to decide if it's worth going to even the cheap theater to see it, or should I just wait till it comes out on dvd? Any input is appreciated!

Here's the link for it: http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/secretwindow/

Last edited:

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Just got done watching it.....Man, that is a good movie. Everyone I talked to had mixed emotions on it. Most of the responses were that it was ok but not that good..well I really liked it especially when I found out what was really going on. It gets a :thumbup: from me

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
Just got done watching it.....Man, that is a good movie. Everyone I talked to had mixed emotions on it. Most of the responses were that it was ok but not that good..well I really liked it especially when I found out what was really going on. It gets a :thumbup: from me
Wow, talk about digging up an old thread! LOL! After I posted on here back in May, I just decided to go see it before it left the cheap theater. I really liked it! I've never been into suspenseful movies, but this one just made me want to watch it. I went alone, left my hubby at home w/the kids sleeping. I had to wear my night guard while watching it so I wouldn't leave the theater w/my jaw hurting! (Thanks Dr. T!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D ) I liked the movie so much that I went out and bought the book and just last week, bought the movie on DVD. Glad to hear you enjoyed it also, 100%CardsFan!

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
I was going to start a new thread about it but did a search and found this :thumbup:

How far are you in the book and is it alot better than the movie? I think I am going to watch it again right now, I really like watching the movie a second time now that I know and I am not going WTF!!!! the whole time

OP
OP
C

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
I was going to start a new thread about it but did a search and found this :thumbup:

How far are you in the book and is it alot better than the movie? I think I am going to watch it again right now, I really like watching the movie a second time now that I know and I am not going WTF!!!! the whole time
The book has like 4 (I think) short stories in it and I just started at the first story. I haven't made it very far into the first one, Secret Window is I believe the third story in. I've been so busy w/kids, out-of-state company, teaching classes.... that I haven't had much time to read. I'm going to have to take a guess that the book will be better, most the time they are. (But Johnny Depp sure made the movie quite enjoyable! :D ) But you're right, a movie like this is more enjoyable the second time. I too was sitting there saying WTF through much of it the first time through!

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Color me not a Stephen King fan, in general. I was pretty dissapointed with this film, and I have a HUGE man crush on Johnny Depp. It was just kind of typical. That big twist at the end? I felt like a fool for not having pegged it earlier, it was so obvious.

Made me mad, maybe thats my problem. I was shown by myself to be an idiot and I didnt like the feeling. Heh.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
I didn't like it. Depp was good, but I kinda had a feeling as to what was really happening. Seemed really similiar to "The Dark Half", I think that was the name of another Stephen King movie.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
schutd said:
That big twist at the end? I felt like a fool for not having pegged it earlier, it was so obvious.

Made me mad, maybe thats my problem. I was shown by myself to be an idiot and I didnt like the feeling. Heh.

Just saw this film over the weekend and I agree with schutd. It was very enjoyable until the twist. I felt cheated by the twist. This is a poor man's "Sixth Sense".

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rivercard said:
This is a poor man's "Sixth Sense".

well - not quite. King wrote his story in 1990 and this was done quite a while after that.

shawn

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
FischerKing said:
well - not quite. King wrote his story in 1990 and this was done quite a while after that.

shawn

Twists are nothing new. they are as old as.... well.... the twist! I just thought the execution of the twist in Sixth Sense was handled much better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn