Season Prediction

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I say 9 and 8, or 10 and 7. I expect the offense to be top 10, and the defense to be middle of the pack. Of course I have concerns at cornerback until we make some moves, and Hopkins suspension will hamper us for the first third of the season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
What evidence do you have that he won't?

Honestly, this team could be anything. We have in that zone where we don't have reams of talent to be sure of a winning record but have enough that we ain't going to suck.

It's a 7-10 to 11-6 roster and how it plays out will depend on our injuries, injuries to teams we play, how Trey Lance performs, how the Ram's O line looks, how we cope without Nuk, How Hollywood fits in, how guys like Collins, Wilson, Moore, Sander etc develop. Most of all, how Kyler and Kliff develop.

I don't think this is a worse team than last year, but the schedule is tougher on paper.

I can see scenarios where the defense really struggles to get off the field and it holds the offense back. I can also see the offense being dominant and taking pressure off the D.

Will be interesting to see which way it plays out.
You mean besides the last handful of seasons when Watt couldn’t be healthy — including last season?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You mean besides the last handful of seasons when Watt couldn’t be healthy — including last season?

That's not evidence is it. That's projection.

And he played the whole season the year before. In the past 4 seasons he's played 2 full seasons and 2 half seasons. So it's 50/50. He has as much chance, statistically speaking, of playing a full season as not.

The people banking on him having an impact have about as much chance as being right as not. Yet, you're laughing at them like it's a forgone conclusion.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
8-9 miss playoffs and everyone wondering why Kliff and Keim still have multiple years left on their contracts

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My concern for the D Hop suspension games is Kyler's health and Conner's. Just opinion and probably not backed back facts but it seemed to me last year with D Hop, Kyler was a much bigger threat to run for a TD. Teams were worried about D Hop in the redzone so there was one less defender to account for Kyler and he exploited it. When D Hop got hurt, that went away and that's why Conners' TD's went up, we ran the ball more with him and less with Kyler trying to protect Kyler since he was so important to the offense without D Hop.

Six games to start the year without D Hop I think we need to find another red zone receiving threat, maybe it's Ertz and McBride in together so we have better blocking and then Conner or another of our bigger RB's can pound it in.

But I think those 6 games we will probably be less efficient in the RZ.

I see 8-11 wins totally dependent on the defense.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How is he more proven now than 2020 Reddick? Enlighten us.
Do you really need an explanation on how a guy who put up really good sack numbers less than two years ago is more proven vs a guy who had been a bust up until that point?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That's not evidence is it. That's projection.

And he played the whole season the year before. In the past 4 seasons he's played 2 full seasons and 2 half seasons. So it's 50/50. He has as much chance, statistically speaking, of playing a full season as not.

The people banking on him having an impact have about as much chance as being right as not. Yet, you're laughing at them like it's a forgone conclusion.
Okay. What about his being out for all of training camp essentially this off-season?

Of course, it’s also breathtakingly dishonest of you to leave out that Watt has failed to made double-digit starts in four of the past six seasons! Dude, give me a break.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you really need an explanation on how a guy who put up really good sack numbers less than two years ago is more proven vs a guy who had been a bust up until that point?
You mean the bust for the position he was selected?

Gardeck didn’t do anything before that 2020 season & hasn’t done anything since.

Answer this question & I want you to be honest:

Are you purposely being oblivious? Is this your role? Is this your gimmick?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay. What about his being out for all of training camp essentially this off-season?

Of course, it’s also breathtakingly dishonest of you to leave out that Watt has failed to made double-digit starts in four of the past six seasons! Dude, give me a break.

If you want to go back 6 seasons to establish an injury history we should be concerned about DJ Humphries this year...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you want to go back 6 seasons to establish an injury history we should be concerned about DJ Humphries this year...
Well, Humphries has played 16 games the past three consecutive seasons. I will be happy to compare that against Watt's last stretch of playing three straight seasons with only missing one game.

It was during the Obama Administration.

"J.J. Watt is actually very dependable" is such a strange hill to decide to fight on.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If people are really wondering why others would be surprised and concerned about the release of Devon Kennard, keep in mind that Dimukeje has 45 pro snaps on defense.

If there's one thing we know about Vance Joseph, it's that he prefers experienced defenders in his front seven.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If people are really wondering why others would be surprised and concerned about the release of Devon Kennard, keep in mind that Dimukeje has 45 pro snaps on defense.

If there's one thing we know about Vance Joseph, it's that he prefers experienced defenders in his front seven.

When Chandler Jones went down in 2020 rather than play Kennard he increased Reddick from a guy getting 49% of snaps up to 95% the rest of the year. Despite Reddick only playing his first snaps at Edge.

Kennard went from 65% through week 7 to sub 30% after. He played even less in 2021.

Are people really concerned about losing that? The only real surprise is they didn't just cut him in March.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you depending on J.J. Watt playing 10+ games in 2022? Is that part of your projection?

I would never DEPEND on any player playing 16 games. It's a violent sport and injuries can happen any time. So no.

Is it just as possible he plays 17 games as not? Then yes.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would never DEPEND on any player playing 16 games. It's a violent sport and injuries can happen any time. So no.

Is it just as possible he plays 17 games as not? Then yes.
LOL. That's not even what I asked. Who's making a straw man now?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh and he wasn't "out all training camp" he was at camp and practicing. If you recall he had the fight with Hernandez. He was out recently because of Covid.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was surprised that Kennard was cut but I have no problem with it. IMO he was a Backup at best and is only getting older. His ceiling is so low now that even K1 had to duck entering that room.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You mean the bust for the position he was selected?

Gardeck didn’t do anything before that 2020 season & hasn’t done anything since.

Answer this question & I want you to be honest:

Are you purposely being oblivious? Is this your role? Is this your gimmick?
Is your role to be resident a hole?