Season Prediction

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude tone it down. The whole reason for the thread is to predict and If you want to give your Reasons.

No reason to attack somebody for their reasons. Calling somebody’s prediction meaningless is over the top.

I'm not your 'Dude'. And my response is to an over-the-top statement, which I'll maintain, thank you.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
As much of a contribution as the earlier blanket statement and your interjection.
(Takes deep breath...) THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD WHERE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL. YOU TELLING THEM NOT TO MAKE PREDICTIONS IS DUMB!

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guys and gals, all of your predictions are wrong and you should all be ashamed of yourselves for even trying to predict the future, especially for entertainment.

This year is a no nonsense, buckle up and strap in, all serious business no whammies type of season.

If your head isn't in a 20-0 season then you are wrong, because that's exactly what's going to happen.

When you wake up on February 13th, fighting the wine coolers, nacho cheese, and a bloated stomach, you will phase into a suspended state of reality.

Did that just happen? Am I dreaming? The Cardinals won the SB! No f'in way!

When you recover from too much excitement, you check your phone to confirm.

Search: Superbowl winner

The .1 seconds of loading feels like almost 3 seconds, gulping the air in grueling anticipation of eternal waiting.

The answer is clear. The winner of the SB: Baltimore Ravens.

What? How could this be?

You soft pace turns into a unexpected exercise session.

No, no. That's can't be right. Let me check it again.

The same result. The heartburn burns greater.

They lost to the Ravens? The preseason champs? How did I not remember that?

Another check sends you into deep despair. There it shows, right on the screen. Ravens defeated the Arizona Cardinals 27-23.

You rack your brain, trying to find meaning in all this blasphemy. You check the score again and the numbers unfold from your deep unconscious.

I know that score. I sent that game to the depths of Hades! How could this happen a second time?

You check to confirm the score to see if your mind was playing tricks on you, only to discover an even worse fate.

Before anger could overtake, a voice calls to you. You wake up again in the middle of the night and sit up in your bed like a demon possessed.

Your significant other trembles in fear and asks if are okay.

You tell her you're fine, just a bad dream. That Cardinals lost the Superbowl and it messed with your head.

"I'm sorry honey," she says. "Everything will be fine."

You relax from the comfort of her voice and the bed underneath. The covers smother you with soft hugs. She puts her arm around you as you drift back to sleep.

As the lights in your head fade away, she turns to you, "honey?"

"Yes, dear?" You say.

"Who are the Cardinals?"

Your heart stops and the nightmare begins.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Every year i start the season saying undefeated until proven otherwise.

So... 17-0 (obligatory)

But really??? ....

Hmmmmm.....

12-5

Yeah thats right, i said it!!

Twelve wins.

Five losses.

As long as the 5 losses aint to end the season we will be fine...

Know how 12-5 starts???

It starts with 1-0

KC is going down

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don’t think the Raiders are some powerhouse or even great team this thread may perceive them to be.

Outside of the weapons, they’re almost just as flawed as we are.
They are pretty stacked.

But...RT is a glaring weakness

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Too many variables and unknowns.

It's not a stretch to say that this team might struggle to rush the passer, or be top 5 in sacks. That's a variable that could have a big impact on the season record.

Or

Losing D Hop makes the offense struggle or this year the team has more weapons and has a better plan and doesn't struggle.
But the object of this thread isn’t “do you think we could be anywhere from bad to good” it’s what do you think our record will be. Every year has unforeseen variables.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's increasingly hilarious that people think that J.J. Watt is going to be a major contributor for all but a fraction of the 2022 season. Based on what evidence? He didn't even practice in training camp!

What evidence do you have that he won't?

Honestly, this team could be anything. We have in that zone where we don't have reams of talent to be sure of a winning record but have enough that we ain't going to suck.

It's a 7-10 to 11-6 roster and how it plays out will depend on our injuries, injuries to teams we play, how Trey Lance performs, how the Ram's O line looks, how we cope without Nuk, How Hollywood fits in, how guys like Collins, Wilson, Moore, Sander etc develop. Most of all, how Kyler and Kliff develop.

I don't think this is a worse team than last year, but the schedule is tougher on paper.

I can see scenarios where the defense really struggles to get off the field and it holds the offense back. I can also see the offense being dominant and taking pressure off the D.

Will be interesting to see which way it plays out.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson