Screw the Oscars

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
Self-hate is very unhealthy. :D

True, but that doesn't change the fact that I hate you, you smug bastard! :D

(For those that can't take a joke, that is totally not true)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
I hate smug people--I mean, if you don't want to watch it, then DON'T!

I find it hilarious that you take the time to sit here and whine about them, when you are perfectly capable of just changing the damn channel!

I don't really watch the Super Bowl, or baseball playoffs, or other things that you might watch--but I don't get on here and whine about my shows not being on at those times.

Funnier still is that they whine about the celebriaties, the Oscars, the glory, etc., and instead of reading a book, etc., they just watch three Law and Order's, or are DYING because the Simpson's aren't on...

You support the people you hate, and then whine about it, ror.

Mike

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but that doesn't change the fact that I hate you, you smug bastard! :D

(For those that can't take a joke, that is totally not true)

Which part? You being smug? or hating Bim?

:D

Mike

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
You support the people you hate, and then whine about it, ror.

I didn't watch one minute of the Oscars. I can't since my tv doesn't pull in channel 15.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it hilarious that you take the time to sit here and whine about them, when you are perfectly capable of just changing the damn channel!

It is my right as a citizen born in the USA to whine if I like.:D

Plus I didn't watch it, I can't pull in abc on my tv.

I just find the Oscars a form of extreme self gratitifaction for people who have done nothing truely remarkable in life. Now all day today people are judging wardrobes:rolleyes: .

Can hollywood get anymore self absorbed?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SameOleGee
I didn't watch one minute of the Oscars. I can't since my tv doesn't pull in channel 15.

I didn't say that, I just said you watch TV and movies, supporting these people you hate, and then whine about it.

"Stupid Oscars, spoiled actors....ewww, why isn't the Simpson's on?? waaaaa!!!!!"

:)

Mike

Djaughe

Reaction score
Our reception for Star Wars I wasn't too good....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 77

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just find the Oscars a form of extreme self gratitifaction for people who have done nothing truely remarkable in life. Now all day today people are judging wardrobes:rolleyes: .

Can hollywood get anymore self absorbed?

I think that's a pretty sad outlook on acting. Most of these actors put in TONS of work, maybe even more work than you and me do on a daily basis.

Why shouldn't they be rewarded? We give out MVP awards for sports...Employees of the Month, etc.

Mike

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say that, I just said you watch TV and movies, supporting these people you hate, and then whine about it.

"Stupid Oscars, spoiled actors....ewww, why isn't the Simpson's on?? waaaaa!!!!!"

:)

Mike

Truthfully, I really dont watch movies all that much. I cant stand sitting in one place for 2 hrs. And the few dvd's I do own, most the actors arent at these awards shows. I never seen Friday nominated for an award.:D

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that's a pretty sad outlook on acting. Most of these actors put in TONS of work, maybe even more work than you and me do on a daily basis.

Why shouldn't they be rewarded? We give out MVP awards for sports...Employees of the Month, etc.

Mike

My point is...They have like 4 of these awards shows. The employee of the month doesnt get 4 awards for the same thing. And then he doesnt get judged for what he wore while accepting his award. He gets a pat on the back, and back to work:D

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hate smug people--I mean, if you don't want to watch it, then DON'T!

Nobody is twisting your arm to read this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My point is...They have like 4 of these awards shows. The employee of the month doesnt get 4 awards for the same thing. And then he doesnt get judged for what he wore while accepting his award. He gets a pat on the back, and back to work:D

But that's not the actors' faults, is it?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Nobody is twisting your arm to read this thread. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

This coming from the king of restraint, right? :rolleyes:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But that's not the actors' faults, is it?

I'm going to say YES!.. Since actors go out and buy extravagent clothes and won't tell anyone what 10k+ outfit they are wearing. Do interveiws about if they hope to win. Then when they do win, they give a speech about what the common man wants from their g'vernment.:rolleyes:

If the actors didn't show up, they would get an award just like an employee of the month.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

Please Mike, let's keep this in the realm of reality.

Those who think that actors have it rough need to get a real job to understand what work is.

Acting is not work, it may be an art, but it is not work!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
Please Mike, let's keep this in the realm of reality.

Those who think that actors have it rough need to get a real job to understand what work is.

Acting is not work, it may be an art, but it is not work!

This is completely 100% ignorance. Obviously, you don't know any actors do you? Those actors you think have it so easy are like 5% of the entire profession.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
This is completely 100% ignorance. Obviously, you don't know any actors do you? Those actors you think have it so easy are like 5% of the entire profession.

Umm..yeah..I do know some actors...and some directors...and people who work on camera crews...shall I go on?

This is the kind of response I expected.

If you are equating difficulty securing work with the difficulty of performing that work, then yes, acting is tough.

But if you are trying to tell me the acting, in and of itself, is difficult then you need to pull your head out of your ass and go do something like fix a car, build a PCB, dig a ditch, or sell industrial lighting door-to-door.

You know...real work.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cardinals.Ken
But if you are trying to tell me the acting, in and of itself, is difficult then you need to pull your head out of your ass and go do something like fix a car, build a PCB, dig a ditch, or sell industrial lighting door-to-door.

You know...real work.

Maybe bad acting is easy, but good acting takes effort, study, talent and hard work to hone the craft. The great actors make it look so easy that people make ignorant statements like the one above.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rivercard
Maybe bad acting is easy, but good acting takes effort, study, talent and hard work to hone the craft. The great actors make it look so easy that people make ignorant statements like the one above.
Exactly. All it takes is someone like Cardinal Ken to demean something they know nothing about.

Football players make as much money, yet you consistently put down money for them, don't you? And yes, there is some skill to being a football player, but there is also some skill to being a good actor. If it's so easy, why aren't you doing it, Ken? :rolleyes:

I'm in the "industry" myself, but your stance on this issue is complete ignorance, and your making it personal (i.e. telling me to "pull my head out of my ass") doesn't help your cause any.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Exactly. All it takes is someone like Cardinal Ken to demean something they know nothing about.

Football players make as much money, yet you consistently put down money for them, don't you? And yes, there is some skill to being a football player, but there is also some skill to being a good actor. If it's so easy, why aren't you doing it, Ken? :rolleyes:

I'm in the "industry" myself, but your stance on this issue is complete ignorance, and your making it personal (i.e. telling me to "pull my head out of my ass") doesn't help your cause any.

The "head in your ass" comment was meant figuratively, not literally. I should have phrased it differently.

My bad...sorry.

I never said that pro-atheletes have real work either, you did.

Now, I'll say it again, acting is easy. Say your lines, hit your marks, go home.

You're in the industry, give me an acting job and I'll show you.