89th Annual Oscars

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, no.

Just remind them that at the end of the day all they really are is a bunch of overpaid court jesters.

Flip them a quarter and tell them to entertain you... no one cares about their opinion on anything.

...unless you're a former reality TV star. Then apparently you value their opinion enough to vote them President.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Um, sure. But what makes your good deed any better than another person's good deed, whoever they are? Sounds like complaining just to complain.

Matthew 6:1-4

Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven

You dont do good deeds in order to be praised for them, or by them by others. You dont use charity work as some sort of currency.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Matthew 6:1-4

Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven

You dont do good deeds in order to be praised for them, or by them by others. You dont use charity work as some sort of currency.

I'm confused, who is "practicing their righteousness" for publicity?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm confused, who is "practicing their righteousness" for publicity?
Exactly. Bodha, while given credit for charity work, somehow minimizes others if they have more money then him. That doesn't make sense.

Quoting the bible isn't going to help your case either. The Bible isn't solving world hunger, is it?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Exactly. Bodha, while given credit for charity work, somehow minimizes others if they have more money then him. That doesn't make sense.

Quoting the bible isn't going to help your case either. The Bible isn't solving world hunger, is it?

I was crapping on the Oscars for their self importance, and you swooped in to their defense saying 2 or 3 of those degenerates do charity work and therefore the entire event should be seen as a beacon of humanitarianism.

You using good deeds to offset bad deeds for them is the same as them speaking for themselves, because you view good deeds as a currency. I do not.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
I was crapping on the Oscars for their self importance, and you swooped in to their defense saying 2 or 3 of those degenerates do charity work

So are you crapping just to smell your own aroma or do you actually have something interesting to share that might offer an insight on your take? Award shows are merely well-disguised 3 hour glitzy advertisements meant to give you extra motivation to consume their products. That's all - no big deal. I'm not a big award show guy, but I do find the Oscars more entertaining than the others IMHO.

By the way, who are the 2 or 3 degenerates you refer to, or are you saying all of Hollywood is degenerate? If so, why do you think that?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was crapping on the Oscars for their self importance, and you swooped in to their defense saying 2 or 3 of those degenerates do charity work and therefore the entire event should be seen as a beacon of humanitarianism.

You using good deeds to offset bad deeds for them is the same as them speaking for themselves, because you view good deeds as a currency. I do not.
First, stop accusing me of something you have no idea about. Not once did I say the Oscars are "a beacon of humanitarianism". The only person that has lumped them all into one big bucket is you.

You have used preconceived notions, such as popularity or size of a bank account, to call people "degenerates". That's not only not true but also insulting. Granted, a lot of them aren't worth the effort (I'm looking at you Kid Rock and Ted Nugent), but some have used their considerable celebrity to do good--and why wouldn't they? I'm sure if you had all the money in the world, you would do the same, right? And then YOU would be called the degenerate.

Some of them happen to be good at what they do--to not take advantage of that is to avoid being a degenerate? I'm not sure if that's just ignorance or jealousy on your part.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
First, stop accusing me of something you have no idea about. Not once did I say the Oscars are "a beacon of humanitarianism". The only person that has lumped them all into one big bucket is you.

You have used preconceived notions, such as popularity or size of a bank account, to call people "degenerates". That's not only not true but also insulting. Granted, a lot of them aren't worth the effort (I'm looking at you Kid Rock and Ted Nugent), but some have used their considerable celebrity to do good--and why wouldn't they? I'm sure if you had all the money in the world, you would do the same, right? And then YOU would be called the degenerate.

Some of them happen to be good at what they do--to not take advantage of that is to avoid being a degenerate? I'm not sure if that's just ignorance or jealousy on your part.

Nope. Id use my money for good, and not advertise it, nor have others advertise it on my behalf to score brownie points with the media.

And I didnt say all of them are degenerates. If I crap on the event as a whole, I can do so without having an addendum saying *except for these people.
And Hollywood is a cesspool. Largely either you are guilty, or guilty by association.

Heres a great example:

What do you think of Kate Winslet, John C Reilly, Christoph Waltz, Jodie Foster? Would you say they are clean of any moral questions? Any or all, take your pick.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nope. Id use my money for good, and not advertise it, nor have others advertise it on my behalf to score brownie points with the media.

And I didnt say all of them are degenerates. If I crap on the event as a whole, I can do so without having an addendum saying *except for these people.
And Hollywood is a cesspool. Largely either you are guilty, or guilty by association.

Heres a great example:

What do you think of Kate Winslet, John C Reilly, Christoph Waltz, Jodie Foster? Would you say they are clean of any moral questions? Any or all, take your pick.
Like it or not, Cheese and I are both from "Hollywood". Are you calling us part of that cesspool? I mean, from your description we are "guilty" by association.

Strangely enough, this is just another form of bigotry. It's just not as high profile as racism or against religion.

Do you watch television? Do you go to movies? Don't be so hypocritical.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Like it or not, Cheese and I are both from "Hollywood". Are you calling us part of that cesspool? I mean, from your description we are "guilty" by association.

Strangely enough, this is just another form of bigotry. It's just not as high profile as racism or against religion.

Do you watch television? Do you go to movies? Don't be so hypocritical.

Dont try to escape the question. Its not a trap, its a good example of my point:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dont try to escape the question. Its not a trap, its a good example of my point:

Who cares? I think they are good at their job. If they relay that into providing for charity, then fine. If Jodie Foster comes out in support of the LGBT community, how does that make you better than her?

If they don't, then they're just miserly and greedy--certainly no law against that, no matter who you are. You're posing a gross generalization, when the crux of the whole argument is you on your high horse demonizing a section of society (one that you are contributing to) because you think you are better than them.

And there's no "Escaping" anything. You made a direct insult to a group of people, some of which frequent this very board, but instead YOU deflect instead. If anyone is trying to escape a question, it's you.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who cares? I think they are good at their job. If they relay that into providing for charity, then fine. If Jodie Foster comes out in support of the LGBT community, how does that make you better than her?

If they don't, then they're just miserly and greedy--certainly no law against that, no matter who you are. You're posing a gross generalization, when the crux of the whole argument is you on your high horse demonizing a section of society (one that you are contributing to) because you think you are better than them.

And there's no "Escaping" anything. You made a direct insult to a group of people, some of which frequent this very board, but instead YOU deflect instead. If anyone is trying to escape a question, it's you.

Youre hesitant to answer the question because you think I have some hammer to drop on you once you do. Thats not the case. Im not even attacking you or anyone on this board personally. Im making a point regarding accountability.

You mentioned Jodi, lets use her. What do you think of her? Personally, I like her. Seemingly good person. Good actress. Hasnt directly done anything wrong. But she is part of the overall cesspool which is hollywood, by association.

Do you know why? (hint: a wiki search of her filmography will help)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Youre hesitant to answer the question because you think I have some hammer to drop on you once you do. Thats not the case. Im not even attacking you or anyone on this board personally. Im making a point regarding accountability.

You mentioned Jodi, lets use her. What do you think of her? Personally, I like her. Seemingly good person. Good actress. Hasnt directly done anything wrong. But she is part of the overall cesspool which is hollywood, by association.

Do you know why? (hint: a wiki search of her filmography will help)
Why don't you save me the time and tell me?

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

I can't wait to find out what makes Kate Winslet, John C Reilly, Christoph Waltz, and Jodie Foster degenerates. C'mon Bodha, spill the dirt. This is going to be good!

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I can't wait to find out what makes Kate Winslet, John C Reilly, Christoph Waltz, and Jodie Foster degenerates. C'mon Bodha, spill the dirt. This is going to be good!

They pick and choose which projects they work on. Nobody forces them. Thats important to note.

In 2011 they all starred in "Carnage" directed by Roman Polanski. Roman Polanski is a convicted pedophile, child rapist, and escaped felon. After raping a 13 year old girl in 1977 he escaped to France where he has stayed ever since. Attempts to extradite him have failed.

Every actor or actress who willingly chooses to work with that child rapist director are 100% guilty of association. You are the company you keep. How is it these people dont think to themselves "Why am I flying to France right now? Oh yeah, my director raped a 13 year old and cant come to America"

absolutely indefensible.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
They pick and choose which projects they work on. Nobody forces them. Thats important to note.

In 2011 they all starred in "Carnage" directed by Roman Polanski. Roman Polanski is a convicted pedophile, child rapist, and escaped felon. After raping a 13 year old girl in 1977 he escaped to France where he has stayed ever since. Attempts to extradite him have failed.

Every actor or actress who willingly chooses to work with that child rapist director are 100% guilty of association. You are the company you keep. How is it these people dont think to themselves "Why am I flying to France right now? Oh yeah, my director raped a 13 year old and cant come to America"

absolutely indefensible.
2 things here:
1) I will give you this example. Polanski, while a really good filmmaker, is still a scumbag. But that makes Sigourney Weaver, Ben Kingsley, Jack Nicholson, Mia Farrow, Ewan MacGregor and Pierce Brosnan all degenerates. Got it. You sure got this down, don't you? I personally don't think Kate Winslet is a degenerate, but you seem to be lumping everyone together, why stop now?

2) And that's just a small few of literally THOUSANDS of working actors in Hollywood. Please tell me what makes Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson and Meryl Streep degenerates. I'm sure we are all waiting to hear your thoughts on the matter. Unless... Tom Hanks worked with Robin Wright, who worked with Kevin Spacey, who worked with Samuel L. Jackson, who worked with Ewan MacGregor, so I guess he's a degenerate based on your rock-solid reasoning that they are guilty by association. Got it.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
2 things here:
1) I will give you this example. Polanski, while a really good filmmaker, is still a scumbag. But that makes Sigourney Weaver, Ben Kingsley, Jack Nicholson, Mia Farrow, Ewan MacGregor and Pierce Brosnan all degenerates. Got it. You sure got this down, don't you?

2) And that's just a small few of literally THOUSANDS of working actors in Hollywood. Please tell me what makes Tom Hanks, Emma Thompson and Meryl Streep degenerates. I'm sure we are all waiting to hear your thoughts on the matter. Unless... Tom Hanks worked with Robin Wright, who worked with Kevin Spacey, who worked with Samuel L. Jackson, who worked with Ewan MacGregor, so I guess he's a degenerate based on your rock-solid reasoning that they are guilty by association. Got it.

It comes down to degrees of separation. If you directly work with Roman (or any example of a death-deserving individual), then you are directly guilty.

I dont apply that same fault to those who work with those people.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It comes down to degrees of separation. If you directly work with Roman (or any example of a death-deserving individual), then you are directly guilty.

I dont apply that same fault to those who work with those people.
But you said they ALL are degenerates! I guess they just have different reasons, eh?

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually, Polanski spent 42 days in the men's prison in Chino as part of a plea-deal with the Los Angeles District Attorney. He was originally sentenced to 90 days for a psych evaluation. He fulfilled his part and they released him.

He fled the country when he found out the judge (who was widely believed to be inept and corrupt) was going to toss the plea deal (which had been agreed to by all parties involved) and send him to prison for 50 years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And it doesn't really explain why he thinks Cheesebeef and I are degenerates, unless simply disagreeing with him is the reason.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But you said they ALL are degenerates! I guess they just have different reasons, eh?

Did I? where.

I also I can speak in general terms without having to include an addendum saying *except for these people.

You are the one who felt the need to defend a dirty industry full of ageism, racism, pedophiles, drugs, egotism, etc. etc.

Individual actors and actresses can be good people. Hollywood itself is a cesspool.

Actually, Polanski spent 42 days in the men's prison in Chino as part of a plea-deal with the Los Angeles District Attorney. He was originally sentenced to 90 days for a psych evaluation. He fulfilled his part and they released him.

He fled the country when he found out the judge (who was widely believed to be inept and corrupt) was going to toss the plea deal (which had been agreed to by all parties involved) and send him to prison for 50 years.

Oh well I take it back. He spent 42 days in jail. I underestimated the going prisontime rate for raping 13 year old girls.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And it doesn't really explain why he thinks Cheesebeef and I are degenerates, unless simply disagreeing with him is the reason.

Well if Hollywood is full of pedophile rapists OR people who roll their eyes as child rape like its no big deal (you) then yes you are proving my point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard