89th Annual Oscars

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Did I? where.

I also I can speak in general terms without having to include an addendum saying *except for these people.

You are the one who felt the need to defend a dirty industry full of ageism, racism, pedophiles, drugs, egotism, etc. etc.

Individual actors and actresses can be good people. Hollywood itself is a cesspool.
You mean Hollywood the city? Yes, it is a cesspool. Full of tourists and a ton of traffic.

Nobody said there isn't corruption in Hollywood. Newsflash: there's corruption everywhere, not just Hollywood. You just decided to deride people that try to do good as being degenerates. Doesn't matter if they actually do good or not, right?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well if Hollywood is full of pedophile rapists OR people who roll their eyes as child rape like its no big deal (you) then yes you are proving my point.
I'm done with you--you accuse me of being ok with pedophilia? Seriously?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Newsflash: there's corruption everywhere, not just Hollywood.

Its everywhere, therefore its OK? You are proving my point by the post. Do all Hollywood people share this mentality?

This is the same as Trump saying its OK for America to kill innocent people because Russia does it.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm done with you--you accuse me of being ok with pedophilia? Seriously?

You set your own table when you fight really hard to defend people who support him.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
You are the one who felt the need to defend a dirty industry full of ageism, racism, pedophiles, drugs, egotism, etc. etc.

You are describing several qualities of the NFL and it's players, which you defend and directly support with your pocketbook. You can also throw in support of concussions and suicide of players with your entertainment.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh well I take it back. He spent 42 days in jail. I underestimated the going prisontime rate for raping 13 year old girls.

You also ignored the part about the inept and corrupt judge. Judge Rittenhouse had a well-deserved reputation for going off the rails. He was more concerned with his own reputation than being a fair and impartial judge.

Had another judge had the case this whole fiasco would never have occurred.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You are describing several qualities of the NFL and it's players, which you defend and directly support with your pocketbook. You can also throw in support of concussions and suicide of players with your entertainment.

You arent helping your case comparing child rape to concussions.

Football players know the risks. They get paid handsomely. They have a choice.

That 13 year old girl did not have a choice.

You also ignored the part about the inept and corrupt judge. Judge Rittenhouse had a well-deserved reputation for going off the rails. He was more concerned with his own reputation than being a fair and impartial judge.

Had another judge had the case this whole fiasco would never have occurred.

?? What are you talking about? I dont care about his punishment. We are talking about moral principle.

I care about the fact he raped a 13 year old. I dont care if he served 20 years, Id still wish a bullet in his head the second he left the prison.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Football players know the risks. They get paid handsomely. They have a choice.

So what, Roman Polanski makes good money and he knows the risks too. You have given the Cardinals moral and financial support. The Cardinals have directly employed wife beaters, drug users, drunk drivers, etc etc. Like Kate Winslet, you have a choice of who to support - no one is forcing you to assist in the employment of degenerates.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should have seen it in the 70's. Oy. They've actually done a pretty good job of making it respectable.

speaking as someone who made the MASSIVE mistake moving out of Culver City to around Sunset and Highland/La Brea, I'll vehemently disagree. THAT area was a freaking cesspool. Just a totally stupid idea on my part.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did I? where.

I also I can speak in general terms without having to include an addendum saying *except for these people.

Individual actors and actresses can be good people. Hollywood itself is a cesspool.

your mistake is thinking that Hollywood is primarily actors and actresses. They might have the most exposure, but Hollywood is REALLY made up of overwhelmingly "normal" people... like writers, execs, grips, Pa's, transpo, crafty, editors, lightning, camera department, wardrobe, hair and makeup etc. etc. Actors on a call sheet take up maybe 1/5 of the space that EVERYONE else does on a given day on set. THOSE people are who make HOLLYWOOD run. And those people are pretty damn incredible, mostly working 12 hours minimum per day, most of the time much more, scratching and clawing for every job they can get. So spare me that Hollywood is a cesspool.

Oh well I take it back. He spent 42 days in jail. I underestimated the going prisontime rate for raping 13 year old girls.

he's pond-scum and the overwhelming majority of Hollywood agrees. I don't have ONE friend out here that defends Polanski. But keep talking about an industry and group of people "you know" because a couple stars say something stupid.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
speaking as someone who made the MASSIVE mistake moving out of Culver City to around Sunset and Highland/La Brea, I'll vehemently disagree. THAT area was a freaking cesspool. Just a totally stupid idea on my part.

Did you see it in the 70's? Or 80's? (I think it hit bottom in the 80's.) It was even worse. The whole town.was.a.pit.

That was before Sunset and Highland was redeveloped and going to the Pantages meant you were going to meet hookers, johns from Des Moines who thought the hookers charged too much, run-aways, druggies, homeless, pimps, and a handful of tourists who asked, "Which way to Hollywood?"

"Right here folks! This run-down mess is Hollywood! Enjoy your visit. Don't jaywalk...the cops will give you a ticket if you try to avoid stepping on the homeless."

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Um, sure. But what makes your good deed any better than another person's good deed, whoever they are? Sounds like complaining just to complain.

Unfortunately, most of the rich folks just do it as a tax write-off. All these athletes that have a "foundation" set up? Big tax write-off, especially when they hire family to 'manage' their foundations.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
It seems that everybody if you are a celebrity can get away with anything and everything that they want to. It is indeed to quote it...La La Land!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson