Sarver on Gambo

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Babby and Blanks feel 100% support from Sarver, per Babby.

Of course why would he support his current staff?

Babby is just finally saying this is part of their plan. I they just are sucking at managing expectations. Like I have said, it sucks loosing but this is the year to do it. We like many teams will not win the title this year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blanks says wins and loss expectations were reasonable.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Blanks says wins and losses expectations were reasonable.

Yes and Saver said the same as well, but it was still only part of the expectations. Part was development and other indicators, I forgot what they were.

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
gotta say, props to baby/blanks for staying on for an entire hour...

But in reality, besides the end where Burns finally opened up and asked if Babby cared that the fans "hate" him (btw his answer was not in the least) the interview was essentially lower than softball, it was T-ball...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and Saver said the same as well, but it was still only part of the expectations. Part was development and other indicators, I forgot what they were.

I find it hard to believe the Suns FO and perhaps even Gentry thought Beasley would be a miracle worker with no body of work to support this idea in the NBA. This was purely flying on a wing and a prayer to think so. Blanks gets payed to be right about player personnel decisions. I'm not even getting into draft picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan Majerle is coming up next. It will be hard for him to say anything negative if he wants to continue an NBA career.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too give Babby and Blanks willingness to run the gauntlet for an hour but I believe the proof is in the pudding. How happy I would be if the Suns were now on the right path. I will watch the Suns play and wait.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Majerle is RIPPING into the Suns FO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Majerle is giving his true feelings in his interview. He is upset about Turner and Majerle being bypassed for the last 41 games for a player development guy (Hunter).

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, everyone sure is airing it out. There won't be many whispers and secrets to report on when it is all done. I suppose that is good anyway.

I was not interested in Majerle as a coach. Turner would have been ok. Hunter sure doesnt sound like a coach.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Majerle did not get the same feel as the HC position being just an "interim label" when they talked about Hunter. I agree. IMO, it is Hunter's job to win or lose.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have gone through these types of interviews before and you can definitely tell when they are a farce or done as more of a courtesy. I had this one job one time where we even had a manager tell us in the interview it was simply a formality. She got a call from H.R. after the first few interviews.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Sounds like Majerle is trying to hold back some tears.

I definitely think Turner should have gotten the job over him. But if they weren't going to go with Turner, Majerle absolutely, 100% deserved it over Hunter. This whole situation is a mess.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Majerle told about each assistant having a 25% chance being the interim HC. He feels Gentry, Turner and himself were not threatened by Hunter's coaching ability. Majerle feels Turner should have gotten the interim HC position.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
You can definitely tell that he VERY MUCH dislikes Hunter.

I don't blame him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for Majerle as he is being brutally honest. He doesn't know how the NBA coaching circle works and if he will ever be given an opportunity to coach again... certainly not in Phoenix.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When one of your most loyal people in the franchise in Dan feels screwed over, what do you think that is going to do to your reputation as an organization? I am not saying Dan should have gotten the job but it sounds like everyone is well aware what a farce the process was.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When one of your most loyal people in the franchise in Dan feels screwed over, what do you think that is going to do to your reputation as an organization? I am not saying Dan should have gotten the job but it sounds like everyone is well aware what a farce the process was.

This isn't new. The current FO seems to have a scorched Earth policy in dealing with former players. Ceballos has taken shots at Blanks in the past few months as well.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do I keep thinking about the play, "Julius Caesar."

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol Dan just took a shot at Hunter's FBI investigation.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
One of the reasons why Majerle didn't get the job:

"Marshall doesn't deserve to play. Dragic and Telfair are better at this point."

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Says the coaching staff didn't think they had a realistic chance at the playoffs. Would have needed a lot of players to play a lot better and more consistent than they have shown in the past.

Which is exactly what any rational NBA fan would have thought.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons why Majerle didn't get the job:

"Marshall doesn't deserve to play. Dragic and Telfair are better at this point."

The difference between the philosophy of winning now and the philosophy of player development. If Marshall had showed anything I could buy into the latter philosophy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen