Sarver on Gambo

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a down economy, people have to save up to go homeless.

That was based on the conversations Bob and Lance had last year at the All Star Game. Blanks was constantly pointing out the guys with talent.

Steve

I think you need to add a sarcasm smilie. ;)

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Banks/Babby on 620 in about 8 minutes...

Too bad Gambo isn't running this interview.. Hope its not just a bunch of softballs

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Blanks sure knows how to blabble on and on...

has spent the past 6 minutes basically saying nothing just rambling...

ugh...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Blanks made Lindsey interim HC based in part based upon player interviews before the hire?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Did ask Blanks about Hunter being a mole and placed to take over. - No

Interesting was saying another West Coast team was looking to bring in Hunter for what sounds like an assistant coach.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So things changed after Lindsey interviewed with Orlando? A Western Conference team wanted to hire him?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the largely satisfied season ticket holders out there, I don't know any more. :sarcasm:

Well, in a way, he might actually be right. I'm a happy Suns fan. That is, I'm pretty much always happy and I'm a Suns fan. :) See, I'm still smiling even though I plan on spending a couple of hours tonight watching the Suns play.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone agreed about signing Beasley.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
So things changed after Lindsey interviewed with Orlando? A Western Conference team wanted to hire him?

I was thinking maybe Lakers for assistant position? Who else had Coaching changes on the West?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
1. If the season ticket holders are largely satisfied with the Suns, where is the crowd?

I think he must have been talking about the few season ticket holders they have left. He obviously wasn't talking about all the people how refuse to buy tickets for his horrible product.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every assistant had a 25% to to become the Suns interim HC per Babby. This does not speak to a plan. Makes me wonder what happened so drastic with Gentry to make a change so fast.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he must have been talking about the few season ticket holders they have left. He obviously wasn't talking about all the people how refuse to buy tickets for his horrible product.

IMO, the empty seats speaks to most Suns fans, even season ticket holders.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blanks feels the Suns had enough talent to be in the playoff picture coming into the season. Really???

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was growing frustration among the troops per Blanks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns defense was an embarrassment. What was the job of Turner and Hunter?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Blanks feels the Suns had enough talent to be in the playoff picture coming into the season. Really???

I think early on and at the beginning yes they might be an 8th seed, but this thing has fallen hard. For me I am happy we are bad.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think early on and at the beginning yes they might be an 8th seed, but this thing has fallen hard. For me I am happy we are bad.

So you believed the Suns could make the playoffs? What happened to the Suns roster beyond the loss of Frye. Scola and Morris should have been enough at PF.

OP
OP
AsUdUdE

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
softball question after softball question...

This interview has lasted almost an hour, and very little insight or hard answers to be had..

very disappointing

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
So you believed the Suns could make the playoffs? What happened to the Suns roster beyond the loss of Frye.

Yes I felt the team the put together would be better than 7 teams in the West. But this was also before Houston made their moves and the flop of Beasley. I was one that felt Beasley was going to turn it around, I was wrong on that as probably the front office was as well.

Heck I am sure the Lakers thought they would be a playoff team also.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I felt the team the put together would be better than 7 teams in the West. But this was also before Houston made their moves and the flop of Beasley. I was one that felt Beasley was going to turn it around, I was wrong on that as probably the front office was as well.

Yeah, I was kind of in the same area. I thought we had a chance on making the playoffs and I expected Beasley to be decent if not good. A decent performance from Beasley and this roster is good enough to fight for a playoff spot. I read Pbit's constant bashing of Beasley and just never believed he could actually be as bad as that. I was wrong, he has been every bit as bad as Phrazbit stated. I'm still in favor of playing him heavy minutes so as to remove all possible doubt about the guy but I'm no longer hopeful he'll ever amount to anything.

Steve

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Babby and Blanks feel 100% support from Sarver, per Babby.