Ryan Williams pre-season stats

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ryan Williams? I'm lost here.

Edit: That's right, he's playing for Dallas now. Hope he does well.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts tell me those are good numbers

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
My thoughts? It's preseason,

But if he's healthy, he'll be a contributor on that offense. Despite the puke and vitriol thrown his way on this board, he's still a good player.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But if he's healthy, he'll be a contributor on that offense. Despite the puke and vitriol thrown his way on this board, he's still a good player.

"puke and vitriol"? People couldn't figure out why he was on the team if BA had no intention of using him and some others thought he'd never be healthy, but that doesn't seem like puke and vitriol.

that said, I can't lament his loss. If he was never going to play for BA, then he needed to be gone.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Listen hope the guy does well but lets not act like it was some giant loss. He had one amazing season in college got hurt slid to the second round and so far has spent pretty much every season with some kind of injury. He was in Whiz dog house and he got in B.A's dog house.

I'm not impressed with two pre season games

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

He might be a good person, but it's laughable to call him a good player. If he's a good player, Beanie Wells should start prepping for his HOF induction speech.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He might be a good person, but it's laughable to call him a good player. If he's a good player, Beanie Wells should start prepping for his HOF induction speech.

Agreed. I think it's statements like that (with no real basis in fact from the field) which usually produces the "puke and vitriol".

TJ

Reaction score
Agreed. I think it's statements like that (with no real basis in fact from the field) which usually produces the "puke and vitriol".

False. It's statements that he's a bust due to significant injuries that, for whatever reason, produce those responses.

Again, if he's healthy, he can contribute. I can't speak for the weird situation that occurred last season in which he was a healthy scratch every game.

I'm not a Williams apologist, just confused as to why so many people ragged on the dude for being hurt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
False. It's statements that he's a bust due to significant injuries that, for whatever reason, produce those responses.

Again, if he's healthy, he can contribute. I can't speak for the weird situation that occurred last season in which he was a healthy scratch every game.

I'm not a Williams apologist, just confused as to why so many people ragged on the dude for being hurt.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. Personally, I don't think there's any evidence on the field yet that he can stay healthy or actually produce.

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
Maybe his numbers indicate he is over his confidence problem
I wish him all the best and hope he does well

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

I don't get on him and call him a bust. However, to assume he'd have been good based on a couple pre-injury, pre-season runs is taking quite a leap because that's all anybody could possibly be basing their opinion on.

Supposedly he was healthy last year and Carson Palmer rushed for more yards. If you're healthy and still can't beat out Alfonso Smith. To me, that's not a good player.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I don't get on him and call him a bust. However, to assume he'd have been good based on a couple pre-injury, pre-season runs is taking quite a leap because that's all anybody could possibly be basing their opinion on.

Supposedly he was healthy last year and Carson Palmer rushed for more yards. If you're healthy and still can't beat out Alfonso Smith. To me, that's not a good player.

I'm pretty sure Ryan Williams is going to surprise you. JMHO

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So are we calling him not injury prone and good because he had decent numbers in 2 preseason games? Wish him the best, but I'm not gonna start kicking the Cardinals for letting him go just yet.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ryan Williams is currently the fourth-string running back on the Cowboys, and his lack of special teams play is expected to severely hurt his chances of making the team. He was also relegated to fourth-quarter duty last game, which is when he picked up the bulk of his yards this preseason.

I would probably still take him over Taylor, but I'm not lamenting his loss.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You're probably right. But if he totaled more than 5 carries om the year, I'd be surprised.

LOL. Ryan Williams is putting up average numbers against the future life insurance salesmen of America? Amazing.

Come eat crow, everyone who said that he was a terrible second-round pick.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. Ryan Williams is putting up average numbers against the future life insurance salesmen of America? Amazing.

Come eat crow, everyone who said that he was a terrible second-round pick.

Ya, I am not sure how I missed the Walter Payton skillset he showed on those runs vs the Raiders 3 years ago.

TJ

Reaction score

did you read my qualifier or just conveniently picked and chose what stuck out to you?

"When healthy"

I never liked the pick, but faulting the guy for suffering two devastating injuries is, in your own words, laughable.

Jesus Christ. Last time I provide lukewarm support for a former Cardinal. You guys are amazing....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
did you read my qualifier or just conveniently picked and chose what stuck out to you for?

"When healthy"

I never liked the pick, but faulting the guy for suffering two devastating injuries is, in your own words, laughable.

Jesus Christ. Last time I provide lukewarm support for a former Cardinal. You guys are amazing....

When was he healthy? For half of a preseason his rookie season? His junior year in college? Is one season of college football really a meaningful sample size to determine his quality as a professional football player?

Ryan Williams is garbage.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you read my qualifier or just conveniently picked and chose what stuck out to you?

"When healthy"

What I find amazing is you keep saying people are faulting the guy for suffering injuries when what we're really finding fault with are the statements some people make that he can be a good player if he's healthy, even though there's never been any evidence to support that claim.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I find amazing is you keep saying people are faulting the guy for suffering injuries when what we're really finding fault with is people who say he can be a good player if he's healthy, even though there's never been any evidence to support that claim.

Yep.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson