Ryan Williams pre-season stats

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
False. It's statements that he's a bust due to significant injuries that, for whatever reason, produce those responses.

Again, if he's healthy, he can contribute. I can't speak for the weird situation that occurred last season in which he was a healthy scratch every game.

I'm not a Williams apologist, just confused as to why so many people ragged on the dude for being hurt.

If you can't play, you can't contribute. If you can't contribute, it makes you a bust. Poor training, poor work ethic, or bad luck, it doesn't really matter in the end.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't the DNP's last season show he is worthless even if healthy? What else does one need to know?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't the DNP's last season show he is worthless even if healthy? What else does one need to know?

apparently that was just a "weird situation" and was in no way, shape or form, that the kid couldn't contribute when healthy.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Well, as a Cardinal fan and him being a Cowboy, I do not wish him a prosperous career. That would mean I would possibly have to worry about a guy who never did anything for us or help a team win games which could knock us out of the playoffs. Now I do understand this is a Cardinal forum, so I totally expect the backlash for hoping a bust for us has a crapalicious career with the Cowboys... and what bad moral character I am exhibiting lol

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If you can't play, you can't contribute. If you can't contribute, it makes you a bust. Poor training, poor work ethic, or bad luck, it doesn't really matter in the end.

A patella tendon injury isn't the result of poor training, neither is a shoulder injury that normally occurs in car accidents.

I can't fault a guy for his inability to stay healthy. Buzzard's luck. He may be a bust by your definition, but doesn't deserve to be chastised.

TJ

Reaction score
What I find amazing is you keep saying people are faulting the guy for suffering injuries when what we're really finding fault with are the statements some people make that he can be a good player if he's healthy, even though there's never been any evidence to support that claim.

Cool. Thanks for proving my point.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't he doing ok in his last game in 2012(can't remember) before he busted his collar bone? I can remember watching that game and I thought he was moving the ball pretty well.

Edit : Maybe not. :(

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14051/ryan-williams

The only thing I really remember vividly about him is how he almost blew the win over New England when he fumbled late in the game, setting them up in FG range for the win. Fortunately, they missed the kick.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. Thanks for proving my point.

Huh? How exactly did I do that? By saying he never showed evidence that he could contribute if healthy? I never saw that evidence on the field. If you did, I'm curious what that evidence was. That's a legit question on my end.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Huh? How exactly did I do that? By saying he never showed evidence that he could contribute if healthy? I never saw that evidence on the field. If you did, I'm curious what that evidence was. That's a legit question on my end.

Did you know that in one game (a blowout win against Philly that I literally cannot remember happening two years ago), Ryan Williams ran the ball for 83 yards on like 13 carries? Literally 20 of those yards were accomplished before the 4th quarter and the Cards were up by 18 points and the game was effectively over.

See!?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you know that in one game (a blowout win against Philly that I literally cannot remember happening two years ago), Ryan Williams ran the ball for 83 yards on like 13 carries? Literally 20 of those yards were accomplished before the 4th quarter and the Cards were up by 18 points and the game was effectively over.

See!?

Must have been before his second injury to his shoulder?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was multitasking and the Cowboys PS game was on and RW had a very nice run where he ran through a rather big hole then made a cut and lowered his shoulder to about 2' off the ground and planted the would be tackler and maintained his balance a took off for a 35 yd gain or so. Great balance and decent vision and ran very hard.

Yes it's PS and yes the dude he drilled probably won't be in the NFL this year so let's just dismiss it.

I've typed this several times and this will probably be my last time; when RW got injured in that PS game against the Packers the entire bench was out on the field and the concern for him was obvious. More concern from teammates and coaches than just about any player I've seen suffer a serious injury.

It was just that RW was well liked because he has a super personality, it was because off the special talent he had shown during practices etc. RW was being talked about like Boldin was during his rookie year and John Brown is this year.

No we don't have evidence of him playing great during a regular season game because he has never been fully healthy for one. I contend that 60 some players and a coaching staff can judge if a player has talent and would have been special if not for the injury bug.

I hope the Cowboys to cut him because the Steelers will need a RB and I hate them less then Jerry's Kids.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
You have to question Williams "want to". As a 3rd or 4th RB, you should be busting your butt on special teams to make the roster. I don't ever remember him playing ST. In theory, RB's are about the best athletes on the team. If he wanted to be a ST contributor, he could be. He's pretty much a RB and that's it.

I know if I was Dallas, or any team, I'm not keeping a 4th RB that can't/won't play special teams. And by special teams, I don't mean the kick returner.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't really care what this kid does now. He didn't do anything for us. People hate on Boldin and LOS but at least they were bad ass for us, at least they were winners (now I sound like Mike Singletary). Yet some dude who did absolutely nothing gets praise and sympathy. I'd take a Boldin or LOS any day of the week over this kid. They're football players and have proven it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How can he NOT play special teams? Is he refusing? Are they just not trying him there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
How can he NOT play special teams? Is he refusing? Are they just not trying him there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember something about him never having played Special Teams before. I could be wrong, but I remember the conversation coming up last year where he had no special team experience and that was a hinderance on him making the team (despite the fact that he did anyway).

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
RW was the Cowboys leading rusher, last night, with 12-47. He also had two catches for 22 yards. Does this mean he makes the team, or are they just showcasing him for a possible trade? Also, LaRon Byrd had a nice td catch, and I know many Card fans were high on him, a few years back.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I still believe!

.... that he ran into the tackling dummy in the picture above and now his knee is sore again.

TJ

Reaction score
Why does this keep getting brought up?

Are we going to do this with Housler when he starts dropping catches for Cleveland?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does this keep getting brought up?

Are we going to do this with Housler when he starts dropping catches for Cleveland?

is this a rhetorical question? you've been here long enough to probably know the answer to the above!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose