Peacemaker (HBO Max)

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Agree to disagree.

Especially if you don’t think that character isn’t the crown jewel.
Well that's the wrong interpretation. I'm not arguing that he isn't the crown jewel. I'm arguing that it's not a good excuse IMO to keep him out when everyone else is there.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that's the wrong interpretation. I'm not arguing that he isn't the crown jewel. I'm arguing that it's not a good excuse IMO to keep him out when everyone else is there.
At first it bothered me until I thought about it. Once I realized that wasn't OUR Justice League and with all that is going on with the property it made sense to me. It was more of hey let's do something cool than anything meaningful or thought out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah. Gotcha.

I still think that probably clouds WB’s thinking. Studios and their heads can be overly precious about what they think their biggest ticket items are and I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted The Batman to feel more Oscar-y bait like Joker and maybe the shine would be taken off the character overall by putting him in that TV show.

Also, purely from a story standpoint, with all the trash Peacemaker talked about Batman, if Bats was there, just shrouded in shadows, there would have been no interaction which woulda felt weird. Can’t load that gun all season and then not fire it if Batman actually showed up.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At first it bothered me until I thought about it. Once I realized that wasn't OUR Justice League and with all that is going on with the property it made sense to me. It was more of hey let's do something cool than anything meaningful or thought out.
But then the "multiverse" becomes a lame excuse, not a story point. "Hey, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull takes place in an alternate universe! Same with Godfather 3!"

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ah. Gotcha.

I still think that probably clouds WB’s thinking. Studios and their heads can be overly precious about what they think their biggest ticket items are and I wouldn’t be surprised if they wanted The Batman to feel more Oscar-y bait like Joker and maybe the shine would be taken off the character overall by putting him in that TV show.

Also, purely from a story standpoint, with all the trash Peacemaker talked about Batman, if Bats was there, just shrouded in shadows, there would have been no interaction which woulda felt weird. Can’t load that gun all season and then not fire it if Batman actually showed up.
But does that really matter? It was a 2 second cameo at the very end. And Batman is pretty noble, just him being there says more about Batman than it does Peacemaker. Of course, we are probably reading way to much into this either way.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But then the "multiverse" becomes a lame excuse, not a story point. "Hey, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull takes place in an alternate universe! Same with Godfather 3!"
That's exactly what it's been with DC properties. It's all because they started out disjointed and unconnected then after watching Marvel....haphazardly decided let's figure out how to connect this thing.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But does that really matter? It was a 2 second cameo at the very end. And Batman is pretty noble, just him being there says more about Batman than it does Peacemaker. Of course, we are probably reading way to much into this either way.
To be honest, as a writer, it would drive me crazy to have Batman show up and not acknowledge a season’s worth of ish talking. That’s a big Chekhov’s Gun no-no.

It also might matter to whoever was directing The Batman that they didn’t want their character cheapened a month before their movie came out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
To be honest, as a writer, it would drive me crazy to have Batman show up and not acknowledge a season’s worth of ish talking. That’s a big Chekhov’s Gun no-no.

It also might matter to whoever was directing The Batman that they didn’t want their character cheapened a month before their movie came out.
We'll agree to disagree on this one. Other than the banter between Aquaman and Flash, it really didn't mean much (and even that banter didn't matter) and there a pretty low chance of the character would get cheapened before the movie came out. I would expect that the number of people that would decide not to see The Batman because he makes a 2 second appearance in Peacemaker would be precisely zero. LOL

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll agree to disagree on this one. Other than the banter between Aquaman and Flash, it really didn't mean much (and even that banter didn't matter) and there a pretty low chance of the character would get cheapened before the movie came out. I would expect that the number of people that would decide not to see The Batman because he makes a 2 second appearance in Peacemaker would be precisely zero. LOL
I doubt that was the reason either. I think they just didn't want to confuse people further about all the different threads in the verse and likely didn't want to have to explain it to fans. Likely was just easier leaving him out since it wasn't "our" Justice League anyway.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nowhere did I say people wouldn’t see The Batman because he made a cameo in Peacemaker. I talked about the creative people involved in both projects and posited reasons why he might not have put him in there. There’s no reason to throw out LOLs and project stupid crap into the convo.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt that was the reason either. I think they just didn't want to confuse people further about all the different threads in the verse and likely didn't want to have to explain it to fans. Likely was just easier leaving him out since it wasn't "our" Justice League anyway.
That could also be it... which would make it a creative decision so as to not muddy the waters for The Batman.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Nowhere did I say people wouldn’t see The Batman because he made a cameo in Peacemaker. I talked about the creative people involved in both projects and posited reasons why he might not have put him in there. There’s no reason to throw out LOLs and project stupid crap into the convo.
Jesus I said LOL because it’s a stupid convo not that you are stupid! And I knew you didn’t mean exactly that, I was being sarcastic, another reason for the LOL. Sorry didn’t mean for you to get upset.

But no worries I’ll step away from this conversation. I don’t want to be the bad guy again.