Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
STAR WARS: ROGUE ONE Synopsis and Timeline Revealed

http://collider.com/star-wars-rogue-one-synopsis-deathstar-plans/

Today at Star Wars Celebration, Producer Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm’s vice president of development Kiri Hart, and director Gareth Edwards took to the celebration stage to discuss new details on the film, and debuted the official synopsis for Edward’s upcoming anthology film Star Wars: Rogue One. The film stars Felicity Jones as a rebel soldier and will take place between episodes III and IV, though Edwards noted it leans “maybe a little bit towards IV”. The film will follow a rogue band of resistance fighters who unite to steal the Death Star plans and bring new hope to the galaxy.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leaked screener from Celebration:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly if they are going to show anything between these two time frames, it would be a great opportunity to show Darth Vader hunting Jedi throughout the galaxy after the events of Episode III. Not to mention any events surrounding Obi Wan or Yoda.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly if they are going to show anything between these two time frames, it would be a great opportunity to show Darth Vader hunting Jedi throughout the galaxy after the events of Episode III. Not to mention any events surrounding Obi Wan or Yoda.

Might not appear in this movie by the sound of it:

It was clarified that John Knoll of ILM came up with the idea behind Rogue One, and pitched it to producer Kathleen Kennedy, who immediately greenlit it. She said there was no way she could turn that "really cool idea" down. Edwards said that because it takes place after Sith, there are very few Jedi, so this really is a story of heroes with no "magical powers" who somehow have to bring hope to the galaxy in a time of turmoil.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was also clarified at the event that the standalone movies are being called “anthology films” rather than spinoffs, because of their varying degree of scale, genre, characters and places.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might not appear in this movie by the sound of it:

It was clarified that John Knoll of ILM came up with the idea behind Rogue One, and pitched it to producer Kathleen Kennedy, who immediately greenlit it. She said there was no way she could turn that "really cool idea" down. Edwards said that because it takes place after Sith, there are very few Jedi, so this really is a story of heroes with no "magical powers" who somehow have to bring hope to the galaxy in a time of turmoil.

It seems completely unrealistic to me that Vader wouldn't be smack dab in the middle of any uprising considering that for example Dooku was in the middle of it before Vader came to be. I hope they at least touch on it. I could see these movies though taking on a special forces type vibe.

Personally I have always wanted to see Vader hunt down Jedi more than anything.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Star Wars: Rogue One' Centers on Death Star Heist

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-w...ist-116839868922.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Edwards, who said that the film is set after Episode III and before Episode IV, added that his film won’t have clear-cut villains and heroes. It’s also very much a war film, he said. “It’s called Star WARS,” he joked, getting a laugh from the crowd.

“It’s about the fact that god’s not coming to save us, and we’re on our own,” said Edwards. “The absence of the Jedi is omnipresent in the film. It hangs over the whole movie.”

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think it's unrealistic. The Jedi are scattered throughout the galaxy hiding from the Emperor and Vader. If an uprising is occurring they would be right in the middle. What about the Sith? No way they wouldn't be in the middle of crushing an uprising.

I could get behind something like this for one film though. Like I said, it would be cool to see a special forces like team doing what they can for the rebellion. Personally I would LOVE to see a movie centered on Darth Maul or possibly bring him back with a robotic lower half or something like that.

More Darth Maul is like saying more cowbell. Can't be enough.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darth Vader Set to Appear in Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...et-to-appear-in-star-wars-anthology-rogue-one

Birth.Movies.Death reports that none other than Darth Vader will appear in the first solo “Star Wars” movie, Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One. The site reveals that Vader will not be the primary antagonist of the film but will be “behind the scenes, pulling strings” and will literally appear onscreen via a viewscreen or holo projection.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More plot details:

Star Wars: Rogue One Plot Description May Finally Offer Fans Exciting Specifics

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star...ally-Offer-Fans-Exciting-Specifics-72487.html

Ben Mendelsohn’s new Moff character is indeed the big baddie of Rogue One. The other main villains of the piece are bounty hunters hired by the Moff to quietly retrieve the stolen Death Star plans at all costs. Vader factors in once he realizes that the plans have been stolen, so he joins the hunt in a supporting role and is none too pleased.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Vader being in this film not only makes sense but makes it much more appealing to me. You just knew Disney was going to figure a way to bring arguably the most iconic villain of all time back to the big screen.

It is amazing we will have one Star Wars movie a year starting this December for 6 straight years (at least)! 3 Episodes and 3 Anthologies...that is pretty awesome.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would have made zero sense for Vader not to at least make a cameo. His job post the last movie would be to hunt down scattered Jedi and crush any uprisings. His appearance no matter how brief adds much credibility IMO.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First shot of the cast of Star Wars Rogue One:

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am all for them exploring new stories in the verse as long as it still feels like Star Wars. Getting a bit excited about this.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
New helmets for the movie. And, supposedly Peter Cushing is going to be brought back for it to. Digitally of course.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vaders costume original costume has supposedly been recreated.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/25215/

Rumor: We have received word that “The Darth Vader Dream Team” has been assembled for Darth Vader in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. There were rumblings of things about this for sometime. We have it on good authority that the Darth Vader costume as seen in Star Wars: A New Hope has been meticulously recreated to match A New Hope perfectly. By all accounts the costume is so close to the original everyone is very happy and very impressed with the work done by Brian Muir and his team.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If they play up the Vader angle in the marketing of the film it will do wonders in gaining interest.

Right now I am more interested in the Episodes and look at the Anthology stories as movies that I will see but not with the same kind of anticipation...to be honest the Han Solo and Boba Fett flicks don't interest me much at all--like I will see them in the theater but it doesn't have to be opening weekend. I am, however, hoping they actually are planning an Obi Wan film with Ewan returning, that would be awesome IMO.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
to be honest the Han Solo and Boba Fett flicks don't interest me much at all--like I will see them in the theater but it doesn't have to be opening weekend. I am, however, hoping they actually are planning an Obi Wan film with Ewan returning, that would be awesome IMO.
I'd be fine if they scrapped the Solo movie. Not a big fan of them going that route either, but it won't happen.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be fine if they scrapped the Solo movie. Not a big fan of them going that route either, but it won't happen.

I agree. Love to see what happened to Obi after he went to Tatooine though. I am actually looking forward to a Boba Fett movie as well.

The only thing that concerns me about the Vader thing is I hope it's not just an empty marketing ploy. In another words, hey let's bring in Vader because he is popular and shoehorn him in or do some lame cameo.

I would much rather see Vader hunting down Jedi that escaped Coruscant. Episode 3 insinuates that there were remaining Jedi when Obi set the Jedi Temple signal to warn the survivors. If you are going to bring Vader back....I want to see that.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members