Star Wars: Andor (Disney+)

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
That was awesome. The writing in this was top-notch.

They didn't even fall for the "big-battle" finale. Just a natural progression into a rebellion by a town that got fed up with the atrocities of the empire.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta be honest… and a little surprised to say this… Andor finale underwhelmed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What we’re you hoping for? Taken in context I thought the finale was nearly perfect.
Wasn’t really hoping for anything. Just wasn’t as impressed with the show as I was every other episode. I was really surprised by my own reaction.

Didn’t think it was bad. My expectations might have just been raised too high simply because of how in the tank I was for the rest of the show.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wasn’t really hoping for anything. Just wasn’t as impressed with the show as I was every other episode. I was really surprised by my own reaction.

Didn’t think it was bad. My expectations might have just been raised too high simply because of how in the tank I was for the rest of the show.
Weird. You and I have had the exact opposite reaction throughout this series. That almost never happens.

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
This review pretty much encapsulates how I feel about this show:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finally finished this and wow what a series.

The ending leaned WAY into Irish / Scottish themes right down to the pipers with the honored dead saying to fight.

Keeping with those UK themes was the time Andor spent as a prisoner. Heavily influenced by the old Prisoner TV show. Also high level themes about being grinded by the industrial military complex and just recycled until your gone.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for Season 2 but it's been confirmed it will be the last. Diego Luna wants to move on. Plus, I am not sure how much more ground they really need to cover so I am OK with it. Fewer campfire episodes would be a good thing. The entire prison arc saved the Season 1 for me. I hope Season 2 is epic!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for Season 2 but it's been confirmed it will be the last. Diego Luna wants to move on. Plus, I am not sure how much more ground they really need to cover so I am OK with it. Fewer campfire episodes would be a good thing. The entire prison arc saved the Season 1 for me. I hope Season 2 is epic!

I'm glad they're not dragging it out. Two will be plenty for this. I imagine we'll get some K-2SO in this next season.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought that everybody was be Star Wars fatigue but guess I was wrong.
This was Star Wars elevated in a way it’s quite frankly, never been elevated to. That’s not to say it’s better than ANH or Empire. Those are different tones entirely and it’s almost comparing apples and oranges, IMO.

But this stands tall next to those two movies as the best thing ever done in the Star Wars universe.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Word is the last three episodes of season 2 will cover the three days before the start of Rogue One.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good. This will undoubtedly hurt the show but there is no such thing as non-writing producing duties for a show-runner. Any time production loses a location and need to move a scene… that’s writing. Any time you cut a line in editing or have to do ADR because something’s needed to make a scene work that’s currently not working… that’s writing.

And rewrites on set happen CONSTANTLY.

I think the show will undoubtedly suffer and that really sucks because I thought season 1 was really special. But to quote another show in the Star Wars verse, right now… THIS IS THE WAY.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave