Rodney Hudson is a Cardinal

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is where Keim is good. He makes great trades and this is a great trade.

It doesn't make the AJ Green deal is suddenly good.

It doesn't change his draft history.

But Keim makes really good trades and no one can really argue differently.

I don't really see a world where we don't trade back from 16 at this point.

I am curious to see if they trade Pugh in response to this move.

I have a hard time imagining that after 4 QBs are selected there isn't a player at #16 that the Cards will need; a right guard or CB, for example.

With this trade we've solidified the left side of the our O-line and we await what could be done at RG.

Confused as to why anyone would think trading Pugh helps in any way.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
yup. Adopt the Rams philosophy. They have repeatedly traded picks for vets and it’s kept them in the hunt for the last four years.
Was just going to post the Rams were criticized for giving up 2 #1s for jalen Ramsey. How’d that work out?

this was a great move by Keim. Anyone complaining just wants to complain.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like this.

We have some flexibility with our first pick now that we have AJG on a 1 year deal (we will DEFINITELY need to draft a round 1 WR next year).

I was mocking the Cardinals to draft a Center in the 3rd, so we pretty much did that and got a pro bowler.

We will need to take a RB in the 2nd round to run behind this beefed up line. Javonte Williams PLEASE.

First round - it's looking like we really need a corner, but if there is a kick-ass guard prospect on the board, we could take that too.

Trade down recoup a second or third, get CB, OL, RB

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Honestly if I was Kugler I would ask Pugh how would he feel about moving to RG
Personally, if the idea is playing Josh Jones at OG, I would put him at RG. I have to think Beachum is the backup LT and a move to RG would allow Jones to just kick out one spot on the same side if Beachum or Humphries was out vs flipping sides.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have a hard time imagining that after 4 QBs are selected there isn't a player at #16 that the Cards will need; a right guard or CB, for example.

With this trade we've solidified the left side of the our O-line and we await what could be done at RG.

Confused as to why anyone would think trading Pugh helps in any way.
Meh. The gap between talent at 16 and the talent at 26 is worth adding a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

I am pretty sure their board at 16 is Jamar Chase, Kyle Pitts, Penei Sewell and maybe Rashawn Slater. AVJ is a ? And I don't know for sure about how the league values Surtain and Farley. I have heard too many mixed things on those two to be sure.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SK sucks at drafting!!!!

SK trades a 3rd round pick for the best center in football

why did we trade a 3rd!!!

93.6 PFF pass blocking grade?

Seriously? Wow

Just upgraded a huge position of need big time.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we won't know until he gets here but I have been begging for a good C for this team since Tom Banks. I know it's subjective but PFF said since 2015 he has the highest pass blocking grade in the NFL for C's. and he's not a bad run blocker either.

When you play Aaron Donald twice a year, the 49ers have some good interior guys too, this is a good trade to make!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess we won't know until he gets here but I have been begging for a good C for this team since Tom Banks. I know it's subjective but PFF said since 2015 he has the highest pass blocking grade in the NFL for C's. and he's not a bad run blocker either.

When you play Aaron Donald twice a year, the 49ers have some good interior guys too, this is a good trade to make!
Amen!! The MOST needed upgrade on this team was the Center position. We actually now have the chance to NOT get our butts kicked by the Rams twice every year. This is a huge pickup that will help Murray immensely. Murray’s worse games were when teams just embarrassed us up the middle.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8th overall rated Center by PFF with a 73.6 grade. Nice aspect is his grade is consistent between pass blocking and run blocking.

that is a pretty significant upgrade over Mason Cole, the 31st ranked center
Cole was that high? I'm surprised we was in the top 32 honestly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose