Rodney Hudson is a Cardinal

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
I'm good with giving up a 3rd. Hoping it's a future 3rd just because we only have 5 picks this year. If it is this year, then Keim has to trade down from 16 to pick up more picks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
a lot of complaining again for a potential HOF level center. Lol

3 pro bowls in 9 seasons and one second-team All-Pro does not a hall of fame career make. PFR's comparison tool puts him on the same level as Mike Pouncey.

this was my first thought too. then my thought just now was it doesn't matter because Keim likely blows the pick anyway. The Rams continually trade picks for proven players and it's paid off for them. If that's how we have to roll, so be it.

Honestly, 3rd round picks are lottery tickets. One in four work out. You get two years guaranteed at $9.5 million and $10 million with an opportunity to extend in 2022 and lower that eight-figure cap it. You can also release him at any time and only have a $3.5 million guaranteed salary.

I don't really know if he's good. He's missed 4 games in the last 8 seasons. Not a lot of downside on this one.

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think trading down to acquire more picks has to be an option now.
Yup. Could be in Greg Newsome or Asante Samuel Jr range. Also not totally writing off iOL either but I think Vera-Tucker would by far be gone already.

Krangthebrain

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You sound like you are confident in Steve Kevin’s ability to draft a third round draft pick there is going to have the same impact as a Rodney Hudson a potential Hall of Fame Center???

+1

The chances of finding a player as good as Hudson has been in the third round at his position is ludicrously low.

There is a general dearth of good young centers in the NFL right now.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like this move for Cardinals. Note that Keim will likely move down in first round and will pickup a 3rd round pick.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

cheesebeef

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keims recent 3rd round picks

Josh Jones (can't start over Beechum)
Zach Allen (JAG)
Mason Cole (JAG)
Chad Williams (lol)
Brandon Williams (lol)

good God that’s ugly and why I amended my earlier comment about liking the move but not crazy about having to give up compensation too.

his drafts are horrendous. If he can swing picks for proven players, we’ll have a better shot anyway.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is where Keim is good. He makes great trades and this is a great trade.

It doesn't make the AJ Green deal is suddenly good.

It doesn't change his draft history.

But Keim makes really good trades and no one can really argue differently.

I don't really see a world where we don't trade back from 16 at this point.

I am curious to see if they trade Pugh in response to this move.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pokinmik