Rodney Hudson is a Cardinal

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
yup. Adopt the Rams philosophy. They have repeatedly traded picks for vets and it’s kept them in the hunt for the last four years.
Yes. And if you can trade for guys like Chandler Jones, Deandre Hopkins, and Rodney Hudson all in a 5 year span, and you have your QB, signing cheap vets (which he is good at) and missing on some draft picks (which he does) is not as impactful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is a terrific add to the team. I’m excited to actually see GOOD play from our center and how that unlocks Murray’s potential even more and the trickle down effect that has on things like our run game.

Keim’s greatest strength has always been the trade market. He didn’t disappoint in that aspect of the offseason.

DVontel

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Honestly if I was Kugler I would ask Pugh how would he feel about moving to RG

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes. And if you can trade for guys like Chandler Jones, Deandre Hopkins, and Rodney Hudson all in a 5 year span, and you have your QB, signing cheap vets (which he is good at) and missing on some draft picks (which he does) is not as impactful.
This course of action will become much more difficult once kyler starts his second contract. Then you have to depend on the low expense of the draft pick and can’t depend on trading for expensive vets. That will likely be the end of keim.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the OL as under contract now is much better and has good depth

DJ-Pugh-Hudson-?-Beachum

Jones at G or OT
Gaillard at C
Cole and Murray at G

draft pick at IOL?

I like that Beachum has experience and can hold down LT with some competence

i remember the days when one OT injury in training camp led to looking on the waiver wire for a starter

Proteus

Registered
Reaction score
Yay!! Good trade. :) Finally a good move this off-season. :)

I wish we didn't didn't have to give up the 3rd round pick but then again Keim sucks at drafting and would have probably blown the pick anyway. :p

Last edited:

QuebecCard

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is where Keim is good. He makes great trades and this is a great trade.

It doesn't make the AJ Green deal is suddenly good.

It doesn't change his draft history.

But Keim makes really good trades and no one can really argue differently.

I don't really see a world where we don't trade back from 16 at this point.

I am curious to see if they trade Pugh in response to this move.

I have a hard time imagining that after 4 QBs are selected there isn't a player at #16 that the Cards will need; a right guard or CB, for example.

With this trade we've solidified the left side of the our O-line and we await what could be done at RG.

Confused as to why anyone would think trading Pugh helps in any way.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
yup. Adopt the Rams philosophy. They have repeatedly traded picks for vets and it’s kept them in the hunt for the last four years.
Was just going to post the Rams were criticized for giving up 2 #1s for jalen Ramsey. How’d that work out?

this was a great move by Keim. Anyone complaining just wants to complain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pokinmik