Rodney Hudson is a Cardinal

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish we didn’t give up a third but this is huge.
This is where keim can hit though.. you trust our draft process with keim at the helm? I don't. So I say, strike while the iron is hot. Keim can't draft for crap but can do decent work in trades and some fa acquisitions. So why fight the trend, imo.

But yes.. agreed. Haven't seen much of hudson. But we've need strength in the middle FOREVER....and this can be huge.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes Pugh is nothing special and in the other side Josh Jones hasn't done anything, just moved to guard cause the coach thinks he can't play tackle with nfl speed
I like Pugh & I think he’s kind of overhated. I wish he could play RG without getting hurt cause a Hump-AVT-Hudson-Pugh-Jones/Beachum has A LOT of potential.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
8th overall rated Center by PFF with a 73.6 grade. Nice aspect is his grade is consistent between pass blocking and run blocking.

that is a pretty significant upgrade over Mason Cole, the 31st ranked center

Reaction score
Yea the key word was “supposedly” and now we don’t have to get in a bidding war. He’s ours for at least 2 seasons.

He's also under contract for the next 2 years so we don't have to pay him a ton of money in a new contract. I would guess it would have been higher than what Lindsley just received.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I know some will say why trade a 3rd if they would probably release him anyway? but we just got an all pro center for a 3rd. I’m more than good with this.

his contract is extremely friendly so this leaves the team with spending room.

Totally fine with the 3rd. Keim would have made the wrong choice anyway.

Also..... this trade gives him to us for under 10mm this year and under 11mm next year.

LOVE IT

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If I were to give Keim advice, it would be this. Stick with what you are good at. Pick swap trades like this are available almost every year. Make them, sign cheap vet FAs, and then trade back in the draft for multiple picks because Keim is not efficient using them. Having a 15% hit rate with 5 picks is worse than with 10.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were to give Keim advice, it would be this. Stick with what you are good at. Pick swap trades like this are available almost every year. Make them, sign cheap vet FAs, and then trade back in the draft for multiple picks because Keim is not efficient using them. Having a 15% hit rate with 5 picks is worse than with 10.

yup. Adopt the Rams philosophy. They have repeatedly traded picks for vets and it’s kept them in the hunt for the last four years.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

yup. Adopt the Rams philosophy. They have repeatedly traded picks for vets and it’s kept them in the hunt for the last four years.

100%

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like this.

We have some flexibility with our first pick now that we have AJG on a 1 year deal (we will DEFINITELY need to draft a round 1 WR next year).

I was mocking the Cardinals to draft a Center in the 3rd, so we pretty much did that and got a pro bowler.

We will need to take a RB in the 2nd round to run behind this beefed up line. Javonte Williams PLEASE.

First round - it's looking like we really need a corner, but if there is a kick-ass guard prospect on the board, we could take that too.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes. And if you can trade for guys like Chandler Jones, Deandre Hopkins, and Rodney Hudson all in a 5 year span, and you have your QB, signing cheap vets (which he is good at) and missing on some draft picks (which he does) is not as impactful.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is a terrific add to the team. I’m excited to actually see GOOD play from our center and how that unlocks Murray’s potential even more and the trickle down effect that has on things like our run game.

Keim’s greatest strength has always been the trade market. He didn’t disappoint in that aspect of the offseason.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly if I was Kugler I would ask Pugh how would he feel about moving to RG

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes. And if you can trade for guys like Chandler Jones, Deandre Hopkins, and Rodney Hudson all in a 5 year span, and you have your QB, signing cheap vets (which he is good at) and missing on some draft picks (which he does) is not as impactful.
This course of action will become much more difficult once kyler starts his second contract. Then you have to depend on the low expense of the draft pick and can’t depend on trading for expensive vets. That will likely be the end of keim.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the OL as under contract now is much better and has good depth

DJ-Pugh-Hudson-?-Beachum

Jones at G or OT
Gaillard at C
Cole and Murray at G

draft pick at IOL?

I like that Beachum has experience and can hold down LT with some competence

i remember the days when one OT injury in training camp led to looking on the waiver wire for a starter

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yay!! Good trade. :) Finally a good move this off-season. :)

I wish we didn't didn't have to give up the 3rd round pick but then again Keim sucks at drafting and would have probably blown the pick anyway. :p

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose