Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. For my Mount Rushmore of Comedy it's:

Robin Williams
Bill Cosby
George Carlin
(some might not agree)Jeff Foxworthy

Honorable Mention: Richard Pryor

I would put Lucille Ball over Foxworthy.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to go:

Robin Williams
Richard Pryor
George Carlin
Bill Cosby
Lucille Ball

Honorable mention Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we're talking straight stand-up comedians, I think I have to go:

Rodney Dangerfield
Richard Pryor
Louie CK
George Carlin

But Williams i think was the 2nd best combo Actor/Comedian, right behind Steve Martin.

Hmmm... and where to put Eddie Murphy? He was freaking dynamite for a solid 15 years.

Just for more input, here is Comedy Central's rankings of the top 100 stand up comedians:

http://www.listology.com/list/comedy-central-100-greatest-standups-all-time

The most surprising to me is Woody Allen and Roseanne Barr in the top 10. I never even think of them as standup comics, although I know they both did it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
My alltime top 10:

1.) Richard Pryor
2.) Eddie Murphy
3.) Rodney Dangerfield
4.) Dice Clay
5.) Sam Kinison
6.) Billy Crystal
7.) Steven Wright
8.) Kevin James
9.) John Pinette
10.) George Lopez

10.b.) Cosby

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My 10 personal favorite comedians:

1) Carlin
2) David Cross
3) Patton Oswalt
4) Bill Hicks
5) Dave Chappelle
6) Chris Rock
7) Artie Lange
8) Amy Scheumer
9) Robin Williams
10) Eddie Murphy
10b) Mike Birbigllia

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RIP Robin.

For me, it's.

Bob Newhart
Steven Wright
Robin Williams
Smothers Brothers
Sam Kinison
Eddie Murphy
Ellen Degeneres
George Burns
George Carlin
Richard Pryor

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My alltime top 10:

1.) Richard Pryor
2.) Eddie Murphy
3.) Rodney Dangerfield
4.) Dice Clay
5.) Sam Kinison
6.) Billy Crystal
7.) Steven Wright
8.) Kevin James
9.) John Pinette
10.) George Lopez

10.b.) Cosby

lol...I was actually too embarassed to put Dice up there, but he absolutely killed for about 5 years. My best friend's dad took a bunch of us (at age 14) to see Kinison OPEN for Dice concert. It was awesome. My favorite moment of the entire show was his dad looking around, with a huge grin on his face and turning to us and saying "I think I'm the oldest people here and you guys are the youngest."

that and when Sam Kinison brought out a HAMMERED handicapped guy who wanted to fight Jerry Lewis' toughest special needs kid. That was probably the most outrageous/wrong thing I've ever seen live in person.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah crap...how did I forget Billy Crystal?!?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
lol...I was actually too embarassed to put Dice up there, but he absolutely killed for about 5 years. My best friend's dad took a bunch of us (at age 14) to see Kinison OPEN for Dice concert. It was awesome. My favorite moment of the entire show was his dad looking around, with a huge grin on his face and turning to us and saying "I think I'm the oldest people here and you guys are the youngest."

that and when Sam Kinison brought out a HAMMERED handicapped guy who wanted to fight Jerry Lewis' toughest special needs kid. That was probably the most outrageous/wrong thing I've ever seen live in person.

I saw the Dice-man before he became the Dice-man... growing up a 30 min train ride into Manhattan, it was very easy to hop and train and see Dice, and others, at several of the small stand-up houses in NYC. GREAT memories!!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to HS with a guy named Sulaimon McCullough or Suli as we called him. HE was a year behind me, short guy funny as hell. He is a professional comedian and has been in some movies, never hit "big" but has made a nice living off comedy.

I haven't seen him since HS but I saw him post something on FB about Robin Williams he basically said if fans had any idea how many comedians and actors are dealing with stuff like that they would be amazed.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would put Lucille Ball over Foxworthy.
While I enjoyed Lucy, hers was a different sort of comedy. The reason why I put Jeff Foxworthy up there was because he, in his own way, revolutionized comedy. Just speaking of stand-up comedy, the guy was groundbreaking in the same way Lenny Bruce was groundbreaking. Just like Richard Pryor made black culture comedy, Foxworthy made white trash comedy going so far to poke fun at himself. But to be honest, if there was to be a Mt. Rushmore of comedy, 4 just isn't enough. There are just too many comedians to name. Hell, even Chris Rock deserves a spot.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Lord Almighty, this sequence is HILARIOUS!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Written by Zelda Williams:

"My family has always been private about our time spent together. It was our way of keeping one thing that was ours, with a man we shared with an entire world. But now that’s gone, and I feel stripped bare. My last day with him was his birthday, and I will be forever grateful that my brothers and I got to spend that time alone with him, sharing gifts and laughter. He was always warm, even in his darkest moments. While I’ll never, ever understand how he could be loved so deeply and not find it in his heart to stay, there’s minor comfort in knowing our grief and loss, in some small way, is shared with millions. It doesn't help the pain, but at least it’s a burden countless others now know we carry, and so many have offered to help lighten the load. Thank you for that.

To those he touched who are sending kind words, know that one of his favorite things in the world was to make you all laugh. As for those who are sending negativity, know that some small, giggling part of him is sending a flock of pigeons to your house to poop on your car. Right after you've had it washed. After all, he loved to laugh too…

Dad was, is and always will be one of the kindest, most generous, gentlest souls I've ever known, and while there are few things I know for certain right now, one of them is that not just my world, but the entire world is forever a little darker, less colorful and less full of laughter in his absence. We’ll just have to work twice as hard to fill it back up again."

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

"My family has always been private about our time spent together. It was our way of keeping one thing that was ours, with a man we shared with an entire world. But now that’s gone, and I feel stripped bare. My last day with him was his birthday, and I will be forever grateful that my brothers and I got to spend that time alone with him, sharing gifts and laughter. He was always warm, even in his darkest moments. While I’ll never, ever understand how he could be loved so deeply and not find it in his heart to stay, there’s minor comfort in knowing our grief and loss, in some small way, is shared with millions. It doesn't help the pain, but at least it’s a burden countless others now know we carry, and so many have offered to help lighten the load. Thank you for that.

To those he touched who are sending kind words, know that one of his favorite things in the world was to make you all laugh. As for those who are sending negativity, know that some small, giggling part of him is sending a flock of pigeons to your house to poop on your car. Right after you've had it washed. After all, he loved to laugh too…

Dad was, is and always will be one of the kindest, most generous, gentlest souls I've ever known, and while there are few things I know for certain right now, one of them is that not just my world, but the entire world is forever a little darker, less colorful and less full of laughter in his absence. We’ll just have to work twice as hard to fill it back up again."

That made me smile. What a funny kid.

Her story is heartbreaking though. She had to leave twitter because she was getting so many horrific "photoshopped images of her deceased father, and nasty messages of hate"

WTF is wrong with people?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...to-leave-twitter-because-of-ugly-attacks.html

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

His daughter was getting harassed by a bunch of scumbag trolls on her social media accounts. They sent her obscene altered pictures of Robin Williams and said nasty things.

WTF is wrong with people? They should submit lifetime bans on all of those accounts. Where is the f%&#!&% humanity and common decency with some people?!?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Mitch Hedberg on the lists?

I love Mitch.

While I enjoyed Lucy, hers was a different sort of comedy.

Lucy was amazing. Was just watching some of I Love Lucy with the kids and it still works. She does physical, cringeworthy comedy better than anyone, and great timing. Vitameatavegamin commercial kills me, and I can't hear french without thinking of her saying "le taaablhuh, le pluuuuma." It's not even my brand of comedy, she was just so brilliant at it.

:notworthy: That is an amazing tribute (especially with the haters callout). And how horrible people are to troll her.

I met him in Baghdad when he came through with a USO tour. He really seemed like someone who genuinely cared about the troops and was just a great individual. He will be missed.

There is a wonderful video online where Robin was at a base and in the start his act, Retreat starts to play and the crowd turns to face the flag. Robin is still and quiet (shockingly, didn't even think he could do that) during, then afterwards has a ton of fun with it "never had an entire audience turn their back on me..."

He was awesome...Mork to Genie, he made really ridiculous characters loveable and hilarious. He had so much energy on stage you'd fear he'd explode. I usually care little about celebrity deaths but Robin Williams was an icon.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just came out that Robin Williams also was recently diagnosed with Parkinson's diseases. Wow...that could have been what sent someone already suffering from severe depression over the edge. Your motor skills slow down, your body has trouble reacting. For someone that is defined by his quick whit and physicality....that had to be devastating.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
His daughter was getting harassed by a bunch of scumbag trolls on her social media accounts. They sent her obscene altered pictures of Robin Williams and said nasty things.

WTF is wrong with people? They should submit lifetime bans on all of those accounts. Where is the f%&#!&% humanity and common decency with some people?!?

That's the fault of the internet. Give someone total anonymity and they'll show you who they really are deep down inside.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

That's awesome. Hate the morons that attacked her twitter page. What aholes!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard