Just came across the wire

Last edited by a moderator:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad.

Funny man that made so many laugh and helped so many in need...he will be remembered by many as just another entertainer who killed himself. :|

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truly devastated. One of my all time favorites. I had the pleasure of meeting him twice when he was doing standup and we had backstage passes. I simply can't believe it.

R.I.P.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Very sad! He was a great actor and seemed to be a great person. Sounds like he had a troubled private life with substance abuse. Never knew he had depression issues. :(

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unbelievably sad. I've never been so saddened by the death of a celebrity. This guy was so funny, he made me laugh until my sides ached. And, with the way he died.... brutal. :sad:

OP
OP
BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sad.

Funny man that made so many laugh and helped so many in need...he will be remembered by many as just another entertainer who killed himself. :|
Unfortunately, that will likely be the case especially for the younger generation. And, unfortunately this is how it seems to end for many people who have brought joy and laughter to so many others.

It can be a never ending cycle between addiction and depression. Truly sad.

Nanu Nanu Mork.. Nanu Nanu.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I remember hearing recently that he went back to rehab, not because he relapsed (well at least publicly) but because he wanted to prevent one.

Wow, simply wow.

Extremely talented. Loved watching Mork and Mindy as a kid. I wonder what happened. Relapse? Bad medical news? Marriage troubles?

One of my good friends from grade school just hung himself a couple weeks ago. He used to be a big time drug addict, but had kicked those habits for the past few years, but was still drinking alot. It shocked me because he was over that hump, but his girlfriend kicking him out over the drinking I guess was the final straw.

Robin Williams had so much going for him, it's just nuts he would kill himself. I just don't understand why people would do it. I guess it's somehow some personal hell for them, but I still just can't understand taking the ultimate option. Drugs do destroy minds though. Even if they kill themselves to prevent a fear from coming true, like a drug overdose, or something like that, isn't killing yourself basically the same thing?

Depression + Drugs is a helluva combo. Even if Robin stayed clean, his past use could of definitely contributed to his depression.

I guess we'll find out more. Truly sad. RIP Robin.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Such a sad story. We all grew up on his humor and never believed something like would ever happen to him. At first when I heard this, I thought it was another one of those hoax that go around about famous people. Was in absolute shock and still cannot believe it is true. Goes to show that one can have it all, but still feel like they have nothing. RIP Robin Williams. You will be missed by many!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
No sanctimony please. This is hard enough to read about.
Robin Williams plays those characters that feel like a family member.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
One of my best memories was watching Good Morning, Vietnam for the first time. Incredible talent, RIP. He will be missed.

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT? 'Cause if it leaks to the VC he could end up MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my best memories was watching Good Morning, Vietnam for the first time. Incredible talent, RIP. He will be missed.

:yeahthat:

This is one of those times that I am glad I am exactly the age I am. I feel blessed to have grown up watching Robin Williams on TV (cameo appearances as Mork on Happy Days, then his own series) and then in theaters starting with Popeye on the big screen, etc. So many good memories from his long career.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I met him in Baghdad when he came through with a USO tour. He really seemed like someone who genuinely cared about the troops and was just a great individual. He will be missed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very sad! He was a great actor and seemed to be a great person. Sounds like he had a troubled private life with substance abuse. Never knew he had depression issues. :(

it's weird to think about, but the truth is almost all comics have major depression issues.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
This sucks. At times like this, I look to comedians to lighten my spirits. But what happens when the greatest comedian is the reason I am sad?

This one hurts a lot. Comedians like him would normally be the ones cracking jokes (inappropriate or otherwise) to let us know when it was ok to move on. Now who tells the jokes?

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No sanctimony please. This is hard enough to read about.
Robin Williams plays those characters that feel like a family member.

I agree 100% on all.

I dont think I have ever been this affected by a celebrity passing. Sure I didn't know him personally, but I've been entertained by him my whole life, so it kinda feels like I did. :(

RIP Robin

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember hearing recently that he went back to rehab, not because he relapsed (well at least publicly) but because he wanted to prevent one.

Wow, simply wow.

Extremely talented. Loved watching Mork and Mindy as a kid. I wonder what happened. Relapse? Bad medical news? Marriage troubles?

One of my good friends from grade school just hung himself a couple weeks ago. He used to be a big time drug addict, but had kicked those habits for the past few years, but was still drinking alot. It shocked me because he was over that hump, but his girlfriend kicking him out over the drinking I guess was the final straw.

Robin Williams had so much going for him, it's just nuts he would kill himself. I just don't understand why people would do it. I guess it's somehow some personal hell for them, but I still just can't understand taking the ultimate option. Drugs do destroy minds though. Even if they kill themselves to prevent a fear from coming true, like a drug overdose, or something like that, isn't killing yourself basically the same thing?

Depression + Drugs is a helluva combo. Even if Robin stayed clean, his past use could of definitely contributed to his depression.

I guess we'll find out more. Truly sad. RIP Robin.

It's not that simple. A good friend of ours committed suicide a couple years ago. Simply put, some people who suffer from uncontrollable depression don't think like you and I. A chemical imbalance in the brain prevents them from rational thought. To them there isn't a choice.

R.I.P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard