Rick Gosselin's Mock Draft

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here is a link to Gosselin's mock. He has us taking Gabbert at 5.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/129080-rick-gosselins-first-mock-draft-2011/

Also,
Sports 910 did a mock draft tonight with the local beat writers making the picks for their team. Here is how it played out...

1. CAROLINA - C. Newton QB
2. DENVER - M. Dareus DT
3. BUFFALO - V. Miller OLB
4. CINCINNATI - A.J. Green WR
5. ARIZONA - P. Peterson CB (Kent Somers)
6. CLEVELAND - R. Quinn DE
7. SAN FRANCISCO - P. Amakumara CB
8. TENNESSEE - B. Gabbert QB
9. DALLAS - T. Smith OT
10. WASHINGTON - J. Jones WR
11. HOUSTON - A. Smith DE
12. MINNESOTA - N. Solder OT
13. DETROIT - N. Fairley DT
14. ST LOUIS - C. Liuget DT
15. MIAMI - M. Ingram RB
16. JACKSONVILLE - JJ Watt DE
17. NEW ENGLAND - C. Jordan DE
18. SAN DIEGO - R. Kerrigan DE
19. NY GIANTS - M. Pouncey OC/OG
20. TAMPA BAY - D. Bowers DE
21. KANSAS CITY - G. Carimi OT
22. INDIANAPOLIS - A. Castonzo OT
23. PHILADELPHIA- J. Smith CB
24. NEW ORLEANS - A. Clayborn DE
25. SEATTLE - S. Paea DT
26. BALTIMORE - M. Wilkerson DE/DT
27. ATLANTA - C. Heyward DE
28. NEW ENGLAND - D. Watkins OG
29. CHICAGO - D. Sherrod OT
30. NY JETS - P. Taylor NT
31. PITTSBURGH - A. Williams CB
32. GREEN BAY - A. Ayers OLB

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Damnit. I've got nothing against Gabbert, but I just don't want the Niners to end up with Peterson.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think he does 3 and this is just version 1. I don't know why he'd do 3 in one week though.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think he does 3 and this is just version 1. I don't know why he'd do 3 in one week though.

Cbus he does do 3. I heard him on the radio this morning here: 1 this Sunday & the final next Thurs morning. It will change drastically IMO.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
It's Gabbert then.

Not neccessarily. Gosselin's mock the day before the draft is the one that has info from inside sources and is typically the most accurate.

This is just a mock of his own doing - no inside info

Last edited:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Detroits interior DLine would look pretty damn good with Suh & Fairley

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Detroits interior DLine would look pretty damn good with Suh & Fairley

Yeah, Fairley's performance in the championship game was eye opening to say the least. He could not be blocked. Those two combined could be terrifying for QB's.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Makes a case for the Cardinals pairing Fitz with A.J. Green.

But we have learned through the years that having good WRs doesn't do you any good if you have crap everywhere else on the offensive side (namely OL & QB). One thing the Cardinals have been able to do is draft well at WR throughout the years.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
But we have learned through the years that having good WRs doesn't do you any good if you have crap everywhere else on the offensive side (namely OL & QB). One thing the Cardinals have been able to do is draft well at WR throughout the years.

True...but adding A.J. Green makes it all the more attractive for QBs who may want to play here (Carson Palmer? Matt Hasselbeck? Kyle Orton?)---and if the Cardinals could sign Matt Light to play LT...kick Levi Brown down to guard to battle it our with Rex Hadnot...and re-sign Lyle and Deuce...and draft a RT prospect to challenge Keith and Bridges...

And as I said...drafting A.J. Green would make Kurt Warner at least think about returning. Still a longshot...but...as they say...never say never.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
True...but adding A.J. Green makes it all the more attractive for QBs who may want to play here (Carson Palmer? Matt Hasselbeck? Kyle Orton?)---and if the Cardinals could sign Matt Light to play LT...kick Levi Brown down to guard to battle it our with Rex Hadnot...and re-sign Lyle and Deuce...and draft a RT prospect to challenge Keith and Bridges...

And as I said...drafting A.J. Green would make Kurt Warner at least think about returning. Still a longshot...but...as they say...never say never.

I just don't see a rookie WR making that much of a difference in the eyes of the available QBs(and aside from Hasselbeck they'd had to be had by trade). The coach has repeatedly said he is satisfied with the OL play and even had the nerve to say he isn't sure what the fans are seeing since we all aren't happy with the OL...I just don't see them making a "splash" in FA and signing a quality OL.

As for Warner...come ON! He is retired, he will stay that way.

I am already mentally prepared for Marc Bulger as our opening day QB next season and another losing record--the good news is Skelton will probably get at least 6 starts to further develop as Bulger will get plastered behind our OL as it stands now. All signs point to a return of the same old Card's when it comes to fixing the QB spot...more years of chasing past success (Krieg, McMahaon, Esiason, Blake etc etc) rather than really trying to make a move (a trade for Palmer or actually drafting a QBOF).

We have too many pressing needs on defense to justify going any position on offense at #5 (with the exception of QB--which I may not agree with but completely understand).

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I could live with AJ Green at 5. Green, Miller, and Petrson are the 3 "surest" things in the draft, are probably the 3 most talented, and it's never bad to add talented players.

Last edited:

Buckybird

Reaction score
I could live with AJ Green at 5. Green, Miller, and Petrson are the 3 "surest" things in the draft and are probably the 3 most talented and it's never bad to add talented players.

I agree 100%. If one of these guys are there at #5 & the Cards trade down, I think it's a mistake!!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I could live with AJ Green at 5. Green, Miller, and Petrson are the 3 "surest" things in the draft, are probably the 3 most talented, and it's never bad to add talented players.

I want a defensive playmaker at #5. I'd take Quinn, Miller, Peterson or Amukamara (sp?) in that order.

That isn't to say that Green isn't a dynamic player. Problem is, you and I both know that if we draft Green, Fitz will be gone. With another team that might not be the case, but with the Cards, you know it is true.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I want a defensive playmaker at #5. I'd take Quinn, Miller, Peterson or Amukamara (sp?) in that order.

That isn't to say that Green isn't a dynamic player. Problem is, you and I both know that if we draft Green, Fitz will be gone. With another team that might not be the case, but with the Cards, you know it is true.

Fitz might be happy to have a guy on the other side who could take the Double team off him. However, unless there is a rookie pay scale would a team be able to afford to draft a player at a position where they already have a highly paid superstar in the top 5 or 10 picks? I can see it with a low first but not top 10.

Last years #4,5,and 6 picks all reportedly got over $25 million in guaranteed money.

I can't find details on Wells or Williams contracts but I doubt the inflated total was even half that amount.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
His second version came out yesterday but I have only been able to find bits and pieces. Anybody know the full content? I know he now has Dallas taking Watt at 9,Tyron Smith to Detroit, Miller going to Cincy at 4, Phil Taylor at 21, Danny Watkins at 28, and Aaron Williams at 31 to Pitt.

Buckybird

Reaction score
His second version came out yesterday but I have only been able to find bits and pieces. Anybody know the full content? I know he now has Dallas taking Watt at 9,Tyron Smith to Detroit, Miller going to Cincy at 4, Phil Taylor at 21, Danny Watkins at 28, and Aaron Williams at 31 to Pitt.

Cbus heres what last weeks & this weekends papers have: newest on right
Just as I thought last week...drastic changes!!! The "Goose" is probably on the phone constantly this week & is zeroing in to where most will go.

1) Newton-Newton
2) Darues-Fairley
3) Miller-Dareus
4) Green-Miller
5) Gabbert-Green
6) PP7-Jones
7) Quinn-PP7
8) Fairley-Quinn
9) Smith-Watt
10) Jones-Prince
11) Prince-Cam Jordan
12) Castonzo-Gabbert
13) Solder-Ty Smith
14) Bowers-Kerrigan
15) Ingram-Pouncey
16) Watt-Bowers
17) Cam Jordan-Ingram
18) Kerrigan-Castonzo
19) Pouncey-Solder
20) Al Smith-Liuget
21)Carimi-Taylor
22) Liuget-Al Smith
23) Wilkerson-Carimi
24) Austin-Austin
25) Watkins-Sherrod
26) Jim Smith-Heyward
27) Taylor-Kendrick Ellis
28) Ryan Williams-Watkins
29) Baldwin-Wilkerson
30) A Williams-Brooks Reed
31) Heyward-A Williams
32) Reed-James Carpenter

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Cbus heres what last weeks & this weekends papers have: newest on right
Just as I thought last week...drastic changes!!! The "Goose" is probably on the phone constantly this week & is zeroing in to where most will go.

1) Newton-Newton
2) Darues-Fairley
3) Miller-Dareus
4) Green-Miller
5) Gabbert-Green
6) PP7-Jones
7) Quinn-PP7
8) Fairley-Quinn
9) Smith-Watt
10) Jones-Prince
11) Prince-Cam Jordan
12) Castonzo-Gabbert
13) Solder-Ty Smith
14) Bowers-Kerrigan
15) Ingram-Pouncey
16) Watt-Bowers
17) Cam Jordan-Ingram
18) Kerrigan-Castonzo
19) Pouncey-Solder
20) Al Smith-Liuget
21)Carimi-Taylor
22) Liuget-Al Smith
23) Wilkerson-Carimi
24) Austin-Austin
25) Watkins-Sherrod
26) Jim Smith-Heyward
27) Taylor-Kendrick Ellis
28) Ryan Williams-Watkins
29) Baldwin-Wilkerson
30) A Williams-Brooks Reed
31) Heyward-A Williams
32) Reed-James Carpenter
thanks for the update.
Kendrick Eliis and James Carpenter getting 1st round talk. That's the first I have seen of that.
If you can, it'd be nice to see his Thursday mock as well. That's the most accurate one.

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gosselin's final mock. He has five QBs in the first twelve picks.

1. Panthers Cam Newton
2. Broncos Von Miller
3. Bills Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals A.J. Green
5. Cardinals Patrick Peterson
6. Browns Julio Jones
7. 49ers Blaine Gabbert
8. Titans Jake Locker
9. Cowboys Tyron Smith
10. Redskins Christian Ponder
11. Texans Aldon Smith
12. Vikings Andy Dalton
13. Lions Nick Fairley
14. Rams Mark Ingram
15. Dolphins Mike Pouncey
16. Jaguars Ryan Kerrigan
17. Patriots Cameron Jordan
18. Chargers Corey Liuget
19. Giants Nate Solder
20. Bucs Robert Quinn
21. Chiefs Gabe Carimi
22. Colts Anthony Castonzo
23. Eagles Jimmy Smith
24. Saints Adrian Clayborn
25. Seahawks Prince Amukamara
26. Ravens JJ Watt
27. Falcons Phil Taylor
28. Patriots Danny Watkins
29. Bears Marvin Austin
30. Jets Derrick Sherrod
31. Steelers Cameron Heyward
32. Packers Aaron Williams

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I hope he's right. 5 QB's in round 1 means better players at 38. Locker, Ponder, and Dalton in the top 12, wow. Those 3 aren't 1st round material, much less top 15. That also means Kaeprnick and Mallet off the board in early round 2. I'll say Kap to Buff and Mallet to Cincy.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Gosselin's final mock. He has five QBs in the first twelve picks.

1. Panthers Cam Newton
2. Broncos Von Miller
3. Bills Marcell Dareus
4. Bengals A.J. Green
5. Cardinals Patrick Peterson
6. Browns Julio Jones
7. 49ers Blaine Gabbert
8. Titans Jake Locker
9. Cowboys Tyron Smith
10. Redskins Christian Ponder
11. Texans Aldon Smith
12. Vikings Andy Dalton
13. Lions Nick Fairley
14. Rams Mark Ingram
15. Dolphins Mike Pouncey
16. Jaguars Ryan Kerrigan
17. Patriots Cameron Jordan
18. Chargers Corey Liuget
19. Giants Nate Solder
20. Bucs Robert Quinn
21. Chiefs Gabe Carimi
22. Colts Anthony Castonzo
23. Eagles Jimmy Smith
24. Saints Adrian Clayborn
25. Seahawks Prince Amukamara
26. Ravens JJ Watt
27. Falcons Phil Taylor
28. Patriots Danny Watkins
29. Bears Marvin Austin
30. Jets Derrick Sherrod
31. Steelers Cameron Heyward
32. Packers Aaron Williams

This guy is so plugged in it's amazing. The buzz is that Denver takes Von Miller instead of Dareus and he shows it on his mock. Wow! I'm kind of surprised he has the Prince falling all the way to #25.