Resident Packer fans!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Good luck on your run to the Super Bowl. Up until our victory yesterday, it looked like the Cards might have derailed your hopes for a Super Bowl berth with our early season victory.

But we gave you guys a late Christmas gift, and I for one, will be pulling for the Packers through out the NFC playoffs.

Overall, I'm pulling for the Titans, but it will be hard to pull against Brett Favre.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! If the Packers were actually lucky enough to win the Super Bowl, we might have to send the trophy to the Cardinals.

You should have heard the 70,000 Packer fans chanting for the Cardinals at Lambeau Sunday.

Today the Green Bay mayor offered to give Poole the keys to the city of Green Bay and offer him a suite for the upcoming playoff game in Green Bay. He said he'd roll out the red carpet for Poole.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's nice that Poole is getting some pub, but where's the love for the QB that threw both of the 4th down TD's?

Way to go McCown!!! :thumbup:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Freaking awesome series of events. I am in Minnesota for the holidays and I was in a bar wearing a Cards hat getting blasted by the Vikings idiots there for alot of the game. But at the end, there was one yelling voice in a sea of silence.

Since I am married to a Packer fan, I am hopeful for them (although I admit I was planning on rooting for SEA thinking GB had no chance). Favre is one of the top 5 QBs in my lifetime and I wouldn;t be unhappy to see them run the table.

Good luck Packers, Houdini and Fischer

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Freaking awesome series of events. I am in Minnesota for the holidays and I was in a bar wearing a Cards hat getting blasted by the Vikings idiots there for alot of the game. But at the end, there was one yelling voice in a sea of silence.

Since I am married to a Packer fan, I am hopeful for them (although I admit I was planning on rooting for SEA thinking GB had no chance). Favre is one of the top 5 QBs in my lifetime and I wouldn;t be unhappy to see them run the table.

Good luck Packers, Houdini and Fischer

Thanks! Not sure if we will go anywhere or not in the playoffs, but thanks to the Cards we at least have a shot. Can't ask for much more than that.

I haven't had much problem with Bears or Lions fans, but a lot of Vikings fans like to dish it out. So I know what you are talking about. I'm well aware of the "Border wars" with Minnesota fans.

The way the Lions finished strong against the Rams and getting some injured players back next year, and the way the Bears finished strong prior to the KC game, I expect the division to be tight and a dog fight next season.

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
Thanks! Not sure if we will go anywhere or not in the playoffs, but thanks to the Cards we at least have a shot. Can't ask for much more than that.

I haven't had much problem with Bears or Lions fans, but a lot of Vikings fans like to dish it out. So I know what you are talking about. I'm well aware of the "Border wars" with Minnesota fans.

The way the Lions finished strong against the Rams and getting some injured players back next year, and the way the Bears finished strong prior to the KC game, I expect the division to be tight and a dog fight next season.

I think the way the Packers are playing right now that they can get by Seattle, squeak by the Eagles and probably given a one way ticket home by the Rams - but it would be nice to see them make it to the big show. However, I don't know how much of a chance they would stand against the Patriots (my AFC pick for the Super Bowl).

Houdini - you said:
Today the Green Bay mayor offered to give Poole the keys to the city of Green Bay and offer him a suite for the upcoming playoff game in Green Bay. He said he'd roll out the red carpet for Poole.

I heard Coach Mac in his final press conference on Monday say that he received a phone call from Coach Sherman. Sherm offered him two round trip tickets (for Mac and his wife), lodging and a suite at the game. Not sure if it was offered in jest or not, but I thought it was a cool gesture.

I still can't believe we have a playoff game this Sunday - I'm still in shock - man I'm sooooo excited.

Shawn

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Every Packer fan owes me a beer. :D

The Pack is my "Playoff team" this year.

Gooooo Pack, Goooo Pack!

:D

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by FischerKing

I heard Coach Mac in his final press conference on Monday say that he received a phone call from Coach Sherman. Sherm offered him two round trip tickets (for Mac and his wife), lodging and a suite at the game. Not sure if it was offered in jest or not, but I thought it was a cool gesture.

I still can't believe we have a playoff game this Sunday - I'm still in shock - man I'm sooooo excited.

Shawn

I was listening to that too on 1060AM. There was some speculation in Green Bay that Sherman might offer McGinnis some type of position in Green Bay. Can't imagine what it would be though since our coaching staff is pretty well in place except for running backs coach. There might not be anything to it though and just speculation on the reporter's part.

We aren't limping into the playoffs with a totally crippled team like last year which helps, along with the addition of Grady Jackson a few weeks ago. If we don't have a bunch of turnovers I think we can match up pretty well with anyone in the NFC except the Rams at St. Louis. But if we do turn it over like we have in some games, any team including Seattle could beat us. I would be disappointed if we lost at home to the Seahawks. If we lose to the Eagles or Rams down the road I'd be satisfied with the season because those 2 teams are probably better than us.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Every Packer fan owes me a beer. :D

The Pack is my "Playoff team" this year.

Gooooo Pack, Goooo Pack!

:D

A few weeks ago I was planning on attending the Viking/Cardinal game to cheer for the Cardinals wearing my Packer jersey. Probably would have been killed if I did go. A Cardinal fan I work with wanted to go and I was planning on going, but then later I found out the Packer game was on at the same time and I didn't want to miss it. I originally thought it was one of the early games.

In Green Bay a few reporters who covered the team for years said they never heard Lambeau cheer as loud as they did when the Cardinals scored the winning TD.

To toast the New Year and bury the hatchet, I'll send you a gift card for a 6 pack. Post your address and I'll send you one. If you don't want your address posted on here, let me know if I can send it to ArizonaSportsfans somewhere and I'll send it to them to send to you.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Dude if you would have said something you could have come and sit down with us in the N. End Zone. No killing possible.

Nice man! Props to you.

I have my address posted all over the world in hopes of possibly recouping my dog anyway so no worries there.
That is cool bro and I hope to drink it watching the Pack play this weekend.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

GOOOOO Pack! GOOOOOO Pack!
I meant getting killed by Vikings fans. They try to stick it to Packer fans more than any other.

Hopefully the Packers advance so you can drink it next weekend during the game, as I probably won't get around to sending it out until Friday.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I meant getting killed by Vikings fans. They try to stick it to Packer fans more than any other.

Hopefully the Packers advance so you can drink it next weekend during the game, as I probably won't get around to sending it out until Friday.

Cheers!

Actually a bunch of my buddies brought both Green Bay and Vikings fans with them. Hanging out with us would have been a blast for you this weekend. Noone would have touched you. Besides you seem to be a mellow guy anyway.

Either way man. I appreciate the gift. I will be drinking and rooting on the Pack this weekend and hopefully next, regardless of when your card gets here.

Remember next year man. I know I have been a bit of a prick towards you at times. But no hard feelings exist. Come down and meet everyone next year. I'll buy your seat so you don't have to feel like you supported Bidwill.

Ask the rest of these guys, one of my best buddies has season tickets with us and roots for the g/d Broncos.

He wore a Broncos hat on Sunday. BIM, took his hat off and made him jump around like a fool trying to get it back. Someone ended up throwing it down to the dungeon. I was never once threatened by Vikings fans. They were mostly families, off limits, or *******. Made fun of. Kind of like Packers fans.

So alot of my b/s is just that. Anyway, you have no reason to send me a gift card and I don't need it but I appreciate the offer.

Again, Happy New Year to you and Yours. In Arizona and Wisconsin.

Last edited:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was listening to that too on 1060AM. There was some speculation in Green Bay that Sherman might offer McGinnis some type of position in Green Bay. Can't imagine what it would be though since our coaching staff is pretty well in place except for running backs coach. There might not be anything to it though and just speculation on the reporter's part.

We aren't limping into the playoffs with a totally crippled team like last year which helps, along with the addition of Grady Jackson a few weeks ago. If we don't have a bunch of turnovers I think we can match up pretty well with anyone in the NFC except the Rams at St. Louis. But if we do turn it over like we have in some games, any team including Seattle could beat us. I would be disappointed if we lost at home to the Seahawks. If we lose to the Eagles or Rams down the road I'd be satisfied with the season because those 2 teams are probably better than us.

Grady in the middle has definitely helped the team down the stretch - he was a great addition to the team and the two year contract extension helps as well - props to the Sherman again for getting that done.

I think Nick Barnett was robbed of the Defensive Rookie of the Year award - he's got better numbers than Suggs and the defensive would not be the same without him in the MLB position.

I've been glad to see the receivers stepping up the past 4 games running better routes and catching those darts Brett keeps tossing to them. Green holding on to the ball helps tremendously.

I think they'll do alright vs. Seattle and if they play anywhere near how they have the past two games, they'll take care of the Eagles as well.

Shawn

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Oh let the mass mailings begin!!!

I just signed you up for the tanning bed from hell!!! A friend of mine mailed bombed me with them - & those bastards tracked me down 4 residences in a row across the country from VA to AZ :D :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
To toast the New Year and bury the hatchet, I'll send you a gift card for a 6 pack. Post your address and I'll send you one. If you don't want your address posted on here, let me know if I can send it to ArizonaSportsfans somewhere and I'll send it to them to send to you.

I got it today! :thumbup:

FischerKing

Beer me a post...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houdini - as much as I loved your Calvin avatar - this new one is pimp - hilarious.

Let's kill us some bird tomorrow!!! :)

Does anyone know what goes good with Seahawk? Cheese?

GO PACK!!!!!!

Shawn

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Seahawks receivers and mailing this one in....Hasselbeck looks awesome but nobody can catch. Homefield advantage is just that for GB

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison