Reggie Wells?

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how he did in the Cowboy game? We have heard good things about him in camp, just wandering if he did well during a game.

JD

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by JD Robertson
Can anybody tell me how he did in the Cowboy game? We have heard good things about him in camp, just wandering if he did well during a game.

JD

He is injured...plantar facitis (sp?)

OP
OP
JD Robertson

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
Is this the same thing that kept Carson Palmer out of practice yesterday? If so I believe it is a sprained tendon in the arch of the foot. With a man that big that has got to hurt.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he has plantar fasciitis it's no big deal. I have it and play lacrosse on it with little to no problems. The fascia is a layer of tissue between the skin and the muscle that provide a buffer so the skin can move a little. When you get plantar fasciitis that "buffer" becomes inflamed. It can result in what feels like foot cramps.

Every once in a while I have to come off the field and massage my feet to get rid of it, but once I do it never comes back in that game. I'd imagine that the pro trainers can take some preventative measures in pre-game to avoid even that.

PS--I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holliday Inn Express last night. ;)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, I HOPE it's no big deal and, hearing your story, I'm a bit inclined to believe it's not, BUT...I have had this injury for about two 1/2 years. I originally got it when I had a stress fracture in the opposite leg and compensated running on the rugby pitch. I can't stand for prolonged periods of time, can't run at all, can't take too long of walks, and basically limp after I've been sleeping or sitting with the foot hanging loose for too long. In a word, it sucks.

I've had injections, foot massages, many different orthotics, a night splint, etc, and nothing has made it any better. In fact, it's gotten worse-ever since about half a year ago, the tendon down by my big toe has been absolutely killing me.

So let's just hope his case is a mild one. It's very hard, as I've found out, to overcome an accute one.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch.

I didn't realize it could be a dibilitating injury. I thought all cases were relatively mild. Sorry to hear about your case (for you and the potential for me...)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Just make sure you keep on top of it. I doubt if vigilance would have helped me (hell, I did everything they told me to!). Mine wasn't this bad to begin with, no, but mine was never quite as mild as yours either, I don't think. Just make sure you do whatever the docs tell you to do and head it off now. Keep it mild and try to get rid of it. I'm sure yours will be fine. :thumbup:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Penny Hardaway had the "plantar fascitis" injury a couple of seasons ago and missed much of the year because of it. It's a very difficult injury to "prove" via MRI or X-Rays. Writers and fans accused Penny of tanking it to protect his knee and keep picking up his big salary. But, it can be, as Stout said, very difficult to deal with.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tangodnzr
Hmmmm, does anyone smell IR here?

:cool:

Yes quite possible...because I think there is depth without him and they won't try and get him on the practice squad since he may not make it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn