Regarding Vance Joseph

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
In the event VJ gets another head coach opportunity, do you see his replacement already on the Cardinals staff, or will they need to look outside? With so many young players, continuity needs to be a priority, IMO.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am worried that most of the assistants we currently have including Kuegler will leave to go with him if he gets another job - because most of them especially on defense came here with him.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I am worried that most of the assistants we currently have including Kuegler will leave to go with him if he gets another job - because most of them especially on defense came here with him.
I don’t think the Cardinals will let all those coaches go. Especially Kuegler. Remember the team doesn’t have to grant permission for them to go, or they can get creative with new titles and pay structure/promotions to block them from going.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My guess is he gets some interviews but won't get a head coaching job. If he does then more power to him, I hope he succeeds wherever he is next year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is he gets some interviews but won't get a head coaching job. If he does then more power to him, I hope he succeeds wherever he is next year.
Well the one thing we have going for us is most teams prefer to hire offensive orriented head coaches over defensive, but I think there is a good chance he will be offered a HC job somewhere.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well the one thing we have going for us is most teams prefer to hire offensive orriented head coaches over defensive, but I think there is a good chance he will be offered a HC job somewhere.
I will be happy for him if he does get one.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
does Vance want to risk taking the first job offered like JAcksonville or maybe hang around for a few years, prove your worth even more and get the right head coaching job.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He'll get interviews, but the trend seems to be toward hiring offensive-minded coaches to develop young quarterbacks. The brilliant DC hires like Robert Saleh in New Jersey haven't panned out just yet.

It really depends on what is available. The more experience, the better.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't think he gets a HC job this offseason.

Why - career HC record of 11-21 and teams are looking for offensive guru's these days.

I wish him the best either way though.

Todd Bowles is another excellent DC that has a horrible HC record.

To answer OP's question - I don't think they hire from within to replace him.

Why hasn't Nagy been fired yet?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we win the Super Bowl
Or even get to the NFC Title game, I think he definitely gets a HC job.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t think the Cardinals will let all those coaches go. Especially Kuegler. Remember the team doesn’t have to grant permission for them to go, or they can get creative with new titles and pay structure/promotions to block them from going.
Then no hot-name assistance would come here, see the Redskins. It’s why most teams don’t block coaches from leaving the team.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Bears wouldn't surprise me as a landing spot for Vance as a HC. Traditionally strong defense. Nagy is an offensive guy who isn't cutting it. Knowing Cardinal luck, our D will come out and sack the qb about 8 times when we play them and have a couple of pick sixes...which wouldn't be a bad thing. I don't mind Joseph as long as he doesn't go to SF, Seattle or the Rams.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vance is an average DC & was a woeful HC. Who in their right mind would hire him as a HC? But, then again, their are many woeful franchises in the NFL. Vance would be smart to stay put.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Vance is an average DC & was a woeful HC. Who in their right mind would hire him as a HC? But, then again, their are many woeful franchises in the NFL. Vance would be smart to stay put.

If a DC leading a defence giving up 16.9 pts a game (3rd in the League) is average, I really don't know the meaning of the term.

To get another gig as a H-C, Vance needs a good OC in his back pocket when he shows up for the interview.

Reaction score

How can the Cards have a top defense in the NFL & have an average DC? Especially with the injuries we've had on D.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think he has improved as a DC and I place him above average. I would keep him as DC maybe add to his title and pay him more to stay here. We need some continuity.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the story is much more complicated.

Vance didn't have a QB, and we all understand how a poor offense can impact even good defense.

Todd Bowles' defense wasn't even that good when he was with the Jets.

For Vance's sake, I hope he is a bit more choosy with his next HC job.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
He's a good DC who needs smart veteran players to run a complex defense to confuse the better QBs. He may be the best in the division all things considered.
Rodgers burned 3 timeouts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose