Rapoport: Cardinals trading out of #3 very very likely

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If this were true, and not the result a noisy data set, why do you think Ya-Sin is still sitting out there in free agency? Are all 32 franchises stupid?

Dozens of reasons why. The market for DB's has been extremely soft (really chuffed we gave Jalen that early $12m deal...). Maybe he's holding out for a better offer.

Or if he's only going to sign a short deal he wasn't to be choosy about getting the right fit.

Lot's of good players still unsigned for similar reasons.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Based on???

Rock Ya-Sin has given up a lower passer rating the past two seasons. Last season he gave up 20 points less.
He is not big. He is not fast. He doesn't make plays. There is a reason Kenny Moore played over him in Indy and they let him go. Ya-Sin is a zone only CB who is less versatile than Murphy. Not sure what else you want.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He is not big. He is not fast. He doesn't make plays. There is a reason Kenny Moore played over him in Indy and they let him go. Ya-Sin is a zone only CB who is less versatile than Murphy. Not sure what else you want.
If he's zone only, he would have been an elite starter with Vance Joseph.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
There are certainly guys over 30 who would be bandaids, but I hear we aren't into that.
Available CB's

30+ Bandaids:

Jones (but he may be done)
Peters (probably too expensive and will want multiple years)
Jackson
Roby
Hill
Fuller (from Baltimore, so he's at least had good coaching)
Callahan (probably selling brake pads now)
Antonio Hamilton (maybe just bring back who we know)
Ryan (getting long in the tooth, but can he give you another year at age 32?)
Verrett (played on a great defense)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I mean, you can practically say much the same about Murphy.

Ya-Sin is bigger and performed better than Murphy at nearly every drill.

Sure he's less versatile. Murphy's biggest strengths is his versatility, but Ya-Sin isn't a total trash player like you are making him out. I'd swoop in and offer him a two year deal, but not a ton of money. He is a solid player, nothing more, nothing less.

Besides, Gannon's defense ran a ton of zone last year, so if Ya-Sin is a zone corner, he fits what the defense is looking for.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If he's zone only, he would have been an elite starter with Vance Joseph.
He is a league average guy (close enough). He doesn't move the needle and isn't scheme diverse. He is not a terrible signing if he is cheap but he doesn't move any needle. You are a worse secondary if you put him next to Marco Wilson than we were last year.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I mean, you can practically say much the same about Murphy.

Ya-Sin is bigger and performed better than Murphy at nearly every drill.

Sure he's less versatile. Murphy's biggest strengths is his versatility, but Ya-Sin isn't a total trash player like you are making him out. I'd swoop in and offer him a two year deal, but not a ton of money. He is a solid player, nothing more, nothing less.

Besides, Gannon's defense ran a ton of zone last year, so if Ya-Sin is a zone corner, he fits what the defense is looking for.
Murphy was versatile and made plays...Ya-Sin does neither. Ya-Sin is closer to Antonio Hamilton than he is to Byron Murphy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
At this point, I will be pretty surprised if we draft Will Anderson. I believe Monti/Gannon are planning on filling a lot of roster holes in this draft and next years. I think that is a pretty arrogant approach, but that is me. Doesn't seem likely they will pass up the offers that will be coming their way, and I don't believe they value any one player either.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At this point, I will be pretty surprised if we draft Will Anderson. I believe Monti/Gannon are planning on filling a lot of roster holes in this draft and next years. I think that is a pretty arrogant approach, but that is me. Doesn't seem likely they will pass up the offers that will be coming their way, and I don't believe they value any one player either.
it would be *insane* if their first move running the franchise is to pass on Will Anderson.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I agree, but they are leaving a lot of holes that need to be filled. They have operated this offseason as if they are smarter than the room. I can see them operating the draft the same way.
Yep. The decision to create two more gaping roster holes on the defense by letting the young guns go made a bad position much worse. I feel it's a huge mistake and not drafting Anderson will come back to haunt them. Gear up for another bad trade out of the top 10.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It will be extremely hilarious when Rock Ya-Sin signs elsewhere for like $2 million per year and a crowd of people come in and say that he's a replacement level player, he's actually not good, and he probably didn't want to come here for *reasons*.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. The decision to create two more gaping roster holes on the defense by letting the young guns go made a bad position much worse. I feel it's a huge mistake and not drafting Anderson will come back to haunt them. Gear up for another bad trade out of the top 10.

I get the agnst for letting Murphy go. He was a solid player and losing him leaves a huge hole in the roster.

However paying Allen $15M per year didn't seem like a great investment. I mean you literally have his twin on the roster already in Cam Thomas for a tenth of the price.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like Bidwill hired this crew to do things differently. Would you agree? If so, let them try something differently.
I get the agnst for letting Murphy go. He was a solid player and losing him leaves a huge hole in the roster.

However paying Allen $15M per year didn't seem like a great investment. I mean you literally have his twin on the roster already in Cam Thomas for a tenth of the price.
For the record, I would have signed them both. (Allen/Murphy)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yes. It is a shame you can only play one DT/DE at a time.

Reaction score
It will be extremely hilarious when Rock Ya-Sin signs elsewhere for like $2 million per year and a crowd of people come in and say that he's a replacement level player, he's actually not good, and he probably didn't want to come here for *reasons*.

Why? People are already saying that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose