Rapoport: Cardinals trading out of #3 very very likely

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's an argument to made that the 3 picks you get could fill the C, and 2 guards positions and they would be young, cost controlled and hopefully give the QB more time in the pocket giving the offense and advantage

I'm not saying to do it, but the argument is there
The odds of hitting on three lower first and second round picks is likely a lot lower than taking the stud passrusher at 3 and having him pan out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I might argue more, because LTs can really help QBs.
I’m split here. I get the value of stud LT. I think I place them third. Only because if the other parts of the line stink it won’t matter how good the anchor tackle is. Whereas you can move a passrusher around and his threat has to be gameplanned for regularly. He imoacts the game before it’s even begun.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d be really hot if we make a trade before Chicago does.

Hopefully, the FO is just waiting to see if Chicago will trade for a team behind us. That way, we’re all but guaranteed Will Anderson.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The odds of hitting on three lower first and second round picks is likely a lot lower than taking the stud passrusher at 3 and having him pan out.
This is true

But there are some solid Oline men in those spots they are the type that could work

Just throwing it out there

Like I said, not in favor of this unless WA is gone

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’d be really hot if we make a trade before Chicago does.

Hopefully, the FO is just waiting to see if Chicago will trade for a team behind us. That way, we’re all but guaranteed Will Anderson.
There's no way we can "officially" trade before they do.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m split here. I get the value of stud LT. I think I place them third. Only because if the other parts of the line stink it won’t matter how good the anchor tackle is. Whereas you can move a passrusher around and his threat has to be gameplanned for regularly. He imoacts the game before it’s even begun.
You can literally say the same thing for a pass rusher though.

Sure you can move him around, but offenses can adjust protection schemes.

OL win more reps overall and the really good ones rarely lose. That's why you'll see top LTs with a 95% pass block win rates.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Will Anderson is the type of player offenses will have to gameplan for. Plus, you guys are missing the key fact, Bill Davis won't be here to ruin him.
An elite edge pass rusher is the number 1 thing a defense can have. Trading to fill holes like C, OG, or interior DL with serviceable players is ridiculous. Or do you want a decent C and OG and still have the likes of Marcus Golden trying to generate a pass rush?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Will Anderson is the type of player offenses will have to gameplan for. Plus, you guys are missing the key fact, Bill Davis won't be here to ruin him.
An elite edge pass rusher is the number 1 thing a defense can have. Trading to fill holes like C, OG, or interior DL with serviceable players is ridiculous. Or do you want a decent C and OG and still have the likes of Marcus Golden trying to generate a pass rush?
A competent coaching staff would have Sanders and Thomas playing more than 29% of snaps.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You can literally say the same thing for a pass rusher though.

Sure you can move him around, but offenses can adjust protection schemes.

OL win more reps overall and the really good ones rarely lose. That's why you'll see top LTs with a 95% pass block win rates.
Correct, but a passrusher only needs to win once to perhaps change the outcome of the game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I expect both to be monumental busts.

Richardson was flat out terrible on film. Guy is an athlete, not a quarterback.
Oh I agree. But Lance just wasn't polished even to major college level.

Richardson wasn't even better than Emory Jones who stunk at ASU.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Richardson, a great athlete and has a 53% completion rate.

Allen (Buffalo), a great athlete and had a 56% completion rate.

It's rare that a player improves on inaccuracy, not the norm

Also, Allen was a big time prospect going into his junior year and he wasn't surrounded by the level of talent Richardson had at Florida.

Richardson was terrible on film, his stock is going up because he is running around an empty field and throwing it to trainers.

This reminds me of when Yi Jianlian had his stock climb prior to the NBA draft because of his workout footwork while being guarded by... a chair...

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Also, Allen was a big time prospect going into his junior year and he wasn't surrounded by the level of talent Richardson had at Florida.

Richardson was terrible on film, his stock is going up because he is running around an empty field and throwing it to trainers.

This reminds me of when Yi Jianlian had his stock climb prior to the NBA draft because of his workout footwork while being guarded by... a chair...

Fans say that...

But almost all the young guns in the NFL have higher completion percentages than in College.

Not saying he'll be a success, by the way.

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score

Although Richardson had better talent around him, he also went up against far superior competition versus Allen.