Quit yer crying..

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seriously. The last play of the half lost the game for us. Not the refs. its pretty much that simple.

Its a tough pill to swallow, It sucks for ALL of us..but this blame game on the referees is ridiculous, show some class. Ben had a great closing drive.:sad:

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
sloppy play in the first half killed us

so close, yet so far away...and now we have to wait until next fall to start it all over again...just to try to get to the super bowl again...

the only good thing is that now we're not playing just to try to get to the playoffs, or to just have a good season...We are playing for a ring...SUPER BOWL OR BUST!!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Honesty this type of response pisses me off.

In no way am I saying (like others who are NATIONAL WRITERS) that the refs were the reason we lost the game. It doesn't mean we can't see something with our own two eyes and comment on it.

I knew going into the game we would be up against it with the refs and we had to play that much better to win the game.

I actually think we outplayed them over the course of the game and if we play that game again on a neutral field ten times we win seven.

I am giving all the credit to Ben and Harrison as I was on Ben all week about making mistakes and he played a mostly mistake free game.

But that doesn't mean the refs didn't effect the out come of the game either.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
Ben had an amazing game, theres no taking that away from him.

But that play is paramount to the officiating issues. The hold on Warner and the block in the back on Hightower were both missed and could have had a major affect on the outcome. Maybe Warner gets in the way and slows him down a bit and Fitz catches him 2 yards earlier. Maybe Hightower makes the tackle, we don't know because they were blocked illegally and no penalty called.

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honesty this type of response pisses me off.

In no way am I saying (like others who are NATIONAL WRITERS) that the refs were the reason we lost the game. It doesn't mean we can't see something with our own two eyes and comment on it.

I knew going into the game we would be up against it with the refs and we had to play that much better to win the game.

I actually think we outplayed them over the course of the game and if we play that game again on a neutral field ten times we win seven.

I am giving all the credit to Ben and Harrison as I was on Ben all week about making mistakes and he played a mostly mistake free game.

But that doesn't mean the refs didn't effect the out come of the game either.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

First off, my post wasnt calling you out.. I know you had a thread about the refs so maybe you feel like it was but thats not how I intended it.

There were some blown calls, maybe it was in their favor...but we have also been on the good side of some questionable calls through the playoffs too. (the hood no PI call at the end of the eagles game) ect..

I just think all these up close pictures of holmes foot and the thread after thread of saying we got job'd is stupid.

we really SHOULD have won that game.. their defense made a heck of a play in the endzone and i have NO idea how no one tackled the dude but it is what it is.

now im just worried about IS THIS TEAM BUILT TO MAKE 2-3 more runs or are we a one and done cinderella..??

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Steelers played an awesome game and deserved to win. But so did we and either team deserved to win that game. The difference was we got flagged for ricky tack crap at critical times and PIT got away with murder all night long. Did the Steelers play an awesome game and deserve to win? Absolutely. Did the officials help them? AbsoF'nlutely!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
First off, my post wasnt calling you out.. I know you had a thread about the refs so maybe you feel like it was but thats not how I intended it.

There were some blown calls, maybe it was in their favor...but we have also been on the good side of some questionable calls through the playoffs too. (the hood no PI call at the end of the eagles game) ect..

I just think all these up close pictures of holmes foot and the thread after thread of saying we got job'd is stupid.

we really SHOULD have won that game.. their defense made a heck of a play in the endzone and i have NO idea how no one tackled the dude but it is what it is.

now im just worried about IS THIS TEAM BUILT TO MAKE 2-3 more runs or are we a one and done cinderella..??

I'm with you. My point is just that I think its fair (just like it was in Seattle three years ago) for us to look at some of the validity of those calls. I thought it in 05 and DEFINITELY think it now.

I agree with you the harrison play was the decider though. Great individual play by him no doubt.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score

Well theres a couple thoughts here.

1) Super bowl losers dont tend to recover well.

2) Most teams making the super bowl tend to be older than us and making their run. I think many would have agreed a month ago this was not our year, this was our stepping stone.

We have a strong core, and while we are entering a pivotal off season, if we can maintain that core we are going to be back.

We also have huge holes that will be able to be filled, which means there is easy spots for improvement. This off season will be crucial, but there is not reason to believe we won't be a better team next year than we were this.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
We were outplayed and the officials didn't have part in that. We played well, but hand it to the Steelers, they played better when it counted.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
We were outplayed and the officials didn't have part in that. We played well, but hand it to the Steelers, they played better when it counted.

I guess the final score would indicate this but I really just don't agree. I thought we played good defense and we tore into the mythical greatest D ever all game.

Other then a couple of individual plays by Ben and that stellar play by that thug Harrison I thought we took it to them. I also think we are the more talented team up and down.

I stand firm in the belief that if we play that game ten more times in Tampa with those weather conditions we win seven.

Its not that I am trying to discredit Pitt. They are a great team and played well. I just think we matchup with them well.

OP
OP
J

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I stand firm in the belief that if we play that game ten more times in Tampa with those weather conditions we win seven.

Ive got to agree with you, Kurt seems to be the anti steeler all by himself. he proved it last year and he did it again yesterday.

Reaction score
All season long; actually I think I started doing it last season; I have said that to win in the NFL a team has to beat the other team and the officials.

Speaking specifically about yesterday's game, I think if the Cardinals held up and won that game that the Steelers fans would be bitching about the bad calls... It goes both ways. Way too many flags thrown for a Super Bowl game, any game for that matter.

It hurts because the Cardinals were one play away from winning the freakin' Super Bowl. It was that close; pick the play you choose, to say that one was the deciding play.

Bottom line: the Steeler made one more play than the Cardinals did and they won.

Props to the Steelers for winning. Harrison is a punk!

Thanks to the Cardinals entire organization for a great season!!!

Now it is critcal that they follow-it up with an smart, solid off-season, in order that the Cardinals can take another run at it next season!

Rod Graves - get busy!!!

Last edited:

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As i said before..

Were just prolonging the agony by talking about it.

Lets talk about draft now

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ben had an amazing game, theres no taking that away from him.

But that play is paramount to the officiating issues. The hold on Warner and the block in the back on Hightower were both missed and could have had a major affect on the outcome. Maybe Warner gets in the way and slows him down a bit and Fitz catches him 2 yards earlier. Maybe Hightower makes the tackle, we don't know because they were blocked illegally and no penalty called.

I'm glad somebody besides me saw the clip on Tim on Harrison's inerception return. The Steeler player came up out of nowhere and pushed him! It happened real fast too. Did Michaels and Madden say anything about this? I was so distraught after the play I walked outta the room.