Yesterday I Cut the Cord and found something Surprising

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Dumped my satellite TV service after they raised my monthly bill $70. After some quick research, I decided to go with YouTube TV and have been shockingly surprised. Not only did I get every channel I liked on satellite, but got many channels I used to like but didn't get any longer on satellite, plus all the sports channels (and I mean every sport I can think of) with features way beyond what I was used to. The first one was when it asked what teams I follow and immediately set up to record and save all games they play. So easy. I first of course put in the Cards, ASU, plus others, and immediately saw they had saved even previous games played to my library.

I am NOT writing this to solicit business for them, but just to inform those who don't know, that there are better sports TV venues for us fans than normal expensive satellite TV. I now have all the sports channels, even the lesser known ones like different conference channels. But its their way of storing your team's games for later viewing which I found so dang easy and user friendly. I already watched a 6 minute highlight version of Sunday night's game with the Rams. Dang, we still lost.

So, hope this is OK to post this here. Just some info for Cards fans and my latest experience with sports on TV. By the way, I chopped my monthly bill in half and get much better and more watchable channels than before, including local. And yes, they offer the RedZone, but an small extra charge for that in a broader sports package, which I found unnecessary since NFL Saturday games begin this weekend.

PS. Their live TV menu is so simple to personalize with just your favorite channels, removing all the others from view. What a quick and satisfying way they have given the user to do that. You just quickly go down a list of all the channels, checking off those you want to see in the menu. So very simple.

Just Kidding: I get $1,000 for every referral, so please remember to mention SissyBoyFloyd when you sign up.

Oh yes, you can watch it on every TV you have, plus laptops, tablets, etc. No extra charge. Just need a wifi signal wherever you are.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumped my satellite TV service after they raised my monthly bill $70. After some quick research, I decided to go with YouTube TV and have been shockingly surprised. Not only did I get every channel I liked on satellite, but got many channels I used to like but didn't get any longer on satellite, plus all the sports channels (and I mean every sport I can think of) with features way beyond what I was used to. The first one was when it asked what teams I follow and immediately set up to record and save all games they play. So easy. I first of course put in the Cards and immediately saw they had saved even previous games played to my library.

I am NOT writing this to solicit business for them, but just to inform those who don't know, that there are better sports TV venues for us fans than normal expensive satellite tv. I now have all the sports channels, even the lesser known ones like different conference channels. But its their way of storing your team's games for later viewing which I found so dang easy and user friendly. I already watched a 6 minute highlight version of Sunday night's game with the Rams. Dang, we still lost.

So, hope this is OK to post this here. Just some info for Cards fans and my latest experience with sports on TV.

Do you have Bally Sports Arizona?

Also the local channels are a must for me.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Do you have Bally Sports Arizona?

Also the local channels are a must for me.

locals, yes. Bally's ? I didn't look at them all there were so many. Started watching NBA games immediately after I signed up for my free trial and setting up the menu like I wanted.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
locals, yes. Bally's ? I didn't look at them all there were so many. Started watching NBA games immediately after I signed up for my free trial and setting up the menu like I wanted.

I was looking into YouTube TV but I understood they quit carrying Bally Sports Arizona where I watch the Suns. They had everything else I wanted.

Bally Sports Arizona might be able to be streamed separately.

Right now I'm staying with DirecTV unless they raise prices dramatically.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking into YouTube TV but I understood they quit carrying Bally Sports Arizona where I watch the Suns. They had everything else I wanted.

Bally Sports Arizona might be able to be streamed separately.

Right now I'm staying with DirecTV unless they raise prices dramatically.
I just got an email stating they raising prices on a lot

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got an email stating they raising prices on a lot

Which one, YouTube TV or DirecTV? I haven't received an email yet. Almost afraid to look.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
YoutubeTV is likely going to lose the ESPN network of channels starting tomorrow. I am actually okay with it, as Youtube is going to lower the price of their service $15 a month while they negotiate. I already have the Disney + bundle so I was already getting it. I kinda with they don't get it back and keep the rates lower.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I use YouTube tv like it. But suns are blocked out sometimes have to watch next day

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use YouTube tv like it. But suns are blocked out sometimes have to watch next day

I couldn't do that. I've watched the Suns live for too many years to change now.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you can Cards games live on YouTube TV?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you can Cards games live on YouTube TV?
In market yes, out of market as soon as the game ends. It is pretty much how I watch all of my games.

YoutubeTV requires you to connect from somewhere in the Phoenix area once every 3 months (if that is your home market) after 3 months, it will default to your current location.
(I share YoutubeTV with someone in the Phoenix market, and that is how I get to watch the games. One of my children accidentally went in and changed my default location to Denver, but I kinda like watching it afterwards.) Primetime games obviously don't count.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok I’m dumb Nick… what does that mean for Las Vegas :)
I assume I get to watch it because I share it with someone in Phoenix, but I don't know 100% if that is why I get to watch it out of market.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Shane

No email yet. Now I'm wondering if I negotiated something for a year.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I currently have access to:

YouTubeTV
Amazon Prime
Netflix
Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+
Paramount+

My combined cost of all of that is less than what I was paying for cable/satellite TV alone...before I cut the cord, (even if I didn't share YoutubeTV to lower costs) and that was over 10 years ago.

It is so crazy and prices of all content is just seemingly getting higher and higher.

If Youtube TV is willing to cut $15 off of the price for losing the ESPN channels, imagine how much Disney wants from YoutubeTV to allow them to keep their channels... $20 a month, $25?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Directv keeps raising their rate and could care less if I canceled. That was my experience after being with them over 10 years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson