Quick Kyler Musing

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm finally able to digest a little bit of yesterday after all of the travel and a full day's work.

I spent the first three quarters miserable. Thinking about the board, how they must be reacting (first time I've ever checked in on ASFN during a live game), and my dad even giving me looks like "****, you may have been right." I sat in the family/friends section, and Kyler wasn't getting much love. I'm not sure if that was mouthy people just wanting to see the stats get boosted for their guy, or if it was something bigger, but I digress...

Kyler really warmed a lot of people in that last quarter/OT, and while I was nervous as all hell when the ball went in the air, I couldn't help but excitedly continue to think that I wanted the ball in his hands if we were going to find a way to win (or tie, ha).

None of that was perfect. I still have a ton of doubts. I'll still probably argue with all of you throughout the week to some degree. But, thanks for reminding me why I come to the games, and never, ever leave until the clock ticks down to 0.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised people still leave early with this team but I guess when we are ahead is when I still feel like we'll lose vs the latter.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
You should give up the Kyler hate now. He is going to be our QB for the next 15 years, and be one of the best.
Dude has magic, hope your crystal ball don’t get broken, or KM

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
You should give up the Kyler hate now. He is going to be our QB for the next 15 years, and be one of the best.

So its Kyler hate to not like the pick still?Doubtful he lasts 15 years or stay with the Cards his entire career even if he lasts that long.Still a long way from being convinced.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not ready to put Kyler in the ring of honor yet. However, we waited all year for Rosen ( not picking on him) to show us a spark like we saw. Kyler flash grit , moxie, talent and ability to lead an offense.

That’s the hope we are clinging to. There is no guarantee he will do this again anytime soon but he has shown the ability.

I can only imagine had we lost that game 30 to 9.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m not ready to put Kyler in the ring of honor yet. However, we waited all year for Rosen ( not picking on him) to show us a spark like we saw. Kyler flash grit , moxie, talent and ability to lead an offense.

That’s the hope we are clinging to. There is no guarantee he will do this again anytime soon but he has shown the ability.

Good Lord, please don't associate K1 with the word "moxie":eek:. We can't go down that path again.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Maybe when he plays more than one good game of football or has a win under his belt. The jumps to conclusions some of you make...

Rosen had a comeback win in the 4th quarter just last year. There's so much more to go to see which guy we're getting on the field week to week.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he pans out and becomes who we all hope this franchise will most likely eff it up and let him leave via FA

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Maybe when he plays more than one good game of football or has a win under his belt. The jumps to conclusions some of you make...

Rosen had a comeback win in the 4th quarter just last year. There's so much more to go to see which guy we're getting on the field week to week.
Here's for hoping we light up the Ravens Sunday & he plays good & our defense makes Lamar Jackson look like crap. Sick of listening to all the Louisville fans here talk him up saying he's way better than KM. Funny thing is, quite a few of the Louisville fans running their mouths are also Steelers fans, don't think they will be talking him up when the Steelers & Ravens play lol. Oh the tears that were flowing around here when the Ravens drafted Lamar.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Here's for hoping we light up the Ravens Sunday & he plays good & our defense makes Lamar Jackson look like crap. Sick of listening to all the Louisville fans here talk him up saying he's way better than KM. Funny thing is, quite a few of the Louisville fans running their mouths are also Steelers fans, don't think they will be talking him up when the Steelers & Ravens play lol. Oh the tears that were flowing around here when the Ravens drafted Lamar.

And the trashmouth Kentucky fans sure miss Lamar don`t they?The sUcK fans woiuld love to have a Lamar type QB.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No doubt. So we waited most of the year and saw 1 decent performance from Rosen and there were ( are ) many that were willing to wait another year to see it happen again. We saw it in game one with Kyler. I kinda think we’ll see it again sometime this year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
No doubt. So we waited most of the year and saw 1 decent performance from Rosen and there were ( are ) many that were willing to wait another year to see it happen again. We saw it in game one with Kyler. I kinda think we’ll see it again sometime this year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
And KM has more and better weapons than Rosen had last season.KM had 3 quarters of absolute trash QB play before getting hot in the 4th Quarter.Let's see 4 solid consistent quarters on a regular basis and against a real NFL team from KM before waxing euphoric .

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm finally able to digest a little bit of yesterday after all of the travel and a full day's work.

I spent the first three quarters miserable. Thinking about the board, how they must be reacting (first time I've ever checked in on ASFN during a live game), and my dad even giving me looks like "****, you may have been right." I sat in the family/friends section, and Kyler wasn't getting much love. I'm not sure if that was mouthy people just wanting to see the stats get boosted for their guy, or if it was something bigger, but I digress...

Kyler really warmed a lot of people in that last quarter/OT, and while I was nervous as all hell when the ball went in the air, I couldn't help but excitedly continue to think that I wanted the ball in his hands if we were going to find a way to win (or tie, ha).

None of that was perfect. I still have a ton of doubts. I'll still probably argue with all of you throughout the week to some degree. But, thanks for reminding me why I come to the games, and never, ever leave until the clock ticks down to 0.
...and how often could we say that in the past?:cheers:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With this team? All of the freaking time. We never make it easy.
I guess I meant that we haven't had a team in a while that has shown the 'moxie' of making a comeback like this.. at least that's how it felt to me. I was in quite a state of shock compared to what I saw for the first three quarters.. that's why it felt kinda like a win to me. Weird but true.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And the trashmouth Kentucky fans sure miss Lamar don`t they?The sUcK fans woiuld love to have a Lamar type QB.
They beat his ass once, he tried to show off & it cost him big time. Name calling for UK fans huh? How childish, how old are you? I bet you're secretly rooting for the Ravens Sunday? Lamar Jackson is not a passer, he played a pop Warner team Sunday, we may not win Sunday because it's on the road & the Ravens have a good defense & our secondary is still a work in progress. When he plays a good secondary, the true Lamar passer will come out. At least 2 of his passes against the Dolphins were short dunk passes that were basically missed tackles for long TD's inflating his stats.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They beat his ass once, he tried to show off & it cost him big time. Name calling for UK fans huh? How childish, how old are you? I bet you're secretly rooting for the Ravens Sunday? Lamar Jackson is not a passer, he played a pop Warner team Sunday, we may not win Sunday because it's on the road & the Ravens have a good defense & our secondary is still a work in progress. When he plays a good secondary, the true Lamar passer will come out. At least 2 of his passes against the Dolphins were short dunk passes that were basically missed tackles for long TD's inflating his stats.

All true. My fear is that our D may force him to run, and that's what he does BEST:bang:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All true. My fear is that our D may force him to run, and that's what he does BEST:bang:
He won't run on an NFL defense like he did in college, neither will Kyler, much faster at this level. If our offense plays the way it did in the 4th quarter, to start the game, let's see what happens? 2 players on our team can give a little inside info. Suggs can tell us how to attack their defense (plays they used to hate defending) & Crabtree can give us insight as to what plays they like to run in certain formations. Not like it isn't on film already, but Crabtree stopped getting many passes thrown his way when they scrapped their offense last yr around the 4th or 5th game. He knows the RPO offense they switched to when they figured out Lamar is not an accurate passer. He had to become a blocker downfield instead of catching footballs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose