Question regarding Carb bars

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For those who work out I have a question. Do you eat those carb bars like EAS Advant Edge before or after you work out?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
For those who work out I have a question. Do you eat those carb bars like EAS Advant Edge before or after you work out?

It depends on what you are looking for. I'm not sure from your post if you are trying to add muscle, shed pounds, etc.

If you are trying to increase mass (add muscle) you HAVE to ingest high amounts of PROTEIN (not carbs) within 30 minutes after a workout. It is at this peak time that your muscles are screaming for protein and the muscle fibers have opened up filling with blood (i.e. the swell effect, no jokes please). Ideally you should take 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, but this will cost you a fortune, so anything in the neighborhood of 45-50 grams should suffice for now. The carbs are for energy DURING the workout and to promote an insulin spike (in the form of glucose) that allows the body to absorb the protein after the workout.

Try using Ripped Fuel 30 minutes before a workout and sip something like Gatorade during the workout. If you use the Ripped Fuel, you better make sure you actually workout or you will be sitting around shaking like a leaf. Take the protein with milk and a good multi-vitamin.

I hope this helps somewhat.

Good luck.

:thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard