PS3 linksys issues

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
I just bought a linksys wireless G and set it up. When I locate it with my ps3 it will boot my entire lan after 30 seconds. I have to powercycle the router to get internet connectivity on any computer. I googled the issue and some others had the smae symptoms. I was wondering if anyone else had this issue and can suggest a solution. Wasn't sure if here or the tech forum was a better place to put this.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Did you go through and update the firmware on the wireless device? Is it a wireless router or access point? Look to see if there are instructions for port forwarding instruction for the PS3 and run through them on your linksys (if it is router/wireless gateway).

I just recently updated the firmware on my linksys wireless gateway.

OP
OP
outoftheashes

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
Did you go through and update the firmware on the wireless device? Is it a wireless router or access point? Look to see if there are instructions for port forwarding instruction for the PS3 and run through them on your linksys (if it is router/wireless gateway).

I just recently updated the firmware on my linksys wireless gateway.

It is a wireless router. I updated it as soon as I hooked it up. There are no instructions included but i googled it and found some. I can run through that and see if that does the trick. Thanks!!

SunDevilDon

Registered
Reaction score
OP
OP
outoftheashes

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to update. I got it working by disabling media sharing on ps3. There are some port forwarding workarounds to try so that I can use the feature again. I will run through those if I ever have a use for media sharing on ps3