Preseason week 2 kc football team vs Cardinals pregame thread. Aug 16 - Aug 20 2021

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
One thing that I'm sure of is that the turf at SFS will be a pristine green. No doubt in my mind.
I would think that they would need more than a week for the new sod to take hold.

I'm expecting new sod between the hashes for this next preseason game, and then a completely newly sodded field for the home opener on 9/19.

This issue with the field is my biggest gripe about holding training camp at SFS...destroys the field.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'm expecting new sod between the hashes for this next preseason game, and then a completely newly sodded field for the home opener on 9/19.
after this game, they get 4 weeks where (iirc) they practice at the HQ and no games played -- so i suspect they re-sod after Friday's game

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are not alone
You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Probably was the medicals that made us pick Andy over DK. What about Terry McLaurin and others? Well scouting wrs isnt our strongest skill.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to see a high passin air raid attack vs chiefs def use moore on screens maybe wildcat reverse even or use Isabella speed somehow lol

Also hoping to see collins continue to play well!!
Also maybe see watt some

No injuries main thing especially murray hop jones go cards!!!!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ll be accused of being a hater or whatever, but this exemplifies the defect that I think could hold Kyler back from greatness (and more importantly set the Cards in a holding pattern for 5-10 years): truly great quarterbacks love the PROCESS. They’re not concerned with the outcome because they get that wins and losses are the result of a strong, consistent, relentless process. This is an opportunity to execute your process and find weaknesses in it so that you can fix them before the games count.
If you think this doesn’t matter, you’re already ceding ground to an opponent who puts in the work because they know it does.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m sure I’ll be accused of being a hater or whatever, but this exemplifies the defect that I think could hold Kyler back from greatness (and more importantly set the Cards in a holding pattern for 5-10 years): truly great quarterbacks love the PROCESS. They’re not concerned with the outcome because they get that wins and losses are the result of a strong, consistent, relentless process. This is an opportunity to execute your process and find weaknesses in it so that you can fix them before the games count.
If you think this doesn’t matter, you’re already ceding ground to an opponent who puts in the work because they know it does.

I like Kyler Murray but I m totally agree with your point
Murray is not a finish product yet he should have to take every reps possible to get better and establish himself in the top of the NFL
All the best qbs in the recent years wouldn't have ever said anything like that

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like to see Wilson square off against Tyreek.

It will add a dose of realism to the Wilson hype train and frankly he's the only CB we have with any kind of speed.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray is not a finish product yet he should have to take every reps possible to get better and establish himself in the top of the NFL
I think that’s part of Kyler’s point though, he’s able to get more reps and actual work in with practice instead of a preseason game where he’s only in for a series or two. Also, he’s a big time competitor so of course it bugs him if the games don’t count in the standings.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that’s part of Kyler’s point though, he’s able to get more reps and actual work in with practice instead of a preseason game where he’s only in for a series or two. Also, he’s a big time competitor so of course it bugs him if the games don’t count in the standings.

The practices reps where he face defenders who will not hit him
I meant preseason games reps, get the real game rhythm before the regular season starts

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The practices reps where he face defenders who will not hit him
I meant preseason games reps, get the real game rhythm before the regular season starts
I don’t want him taking big hits in pointless preseason games though. Also, I’d imagine it’s tough to get in any real rhythm with only a series or 2.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He never said it didn’t matter. He said the outcome doesn’t matter. If you read the article he actually said all of the things I want him to say. In fact, most of his comments were about the value of the process even if he didn’t use the word process.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah no. I’ll bet you can find many QBs that have said they don’t love preseason games. Many players in fact.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Hater.

I don't fully agree; I've seen a number of top QBs say they don't like playing in preseason game. This is just more of the false narrative against Kyler Murray.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA