Premier League 2023-2024 Season

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Can we all agree that a foul is a foul even if "the defender wins the ball?" Peoplereally need to understand this.
yes. like as if you can kill someone as long as you got a toenail on the ball first.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
yes. like as if you can kill someone as long as you got a toenail on the ball first.
Eh, but on the other side of it, there are plenty of times when a defender cleanly wins the ball but the offensive player goes down like they were shot and writhes and absolutely buys the call. I tend to give the defender the benefit of the doubt.

I once saw a red given for a "foul" with absolutely no contact. All the pundits agreed it was a red because there was intent and it "would" have been a nasty one. Uh, no contact, no foul? Definitely no red?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Eh, but on the other side of it, there are plenty of times when a defender cleanly wins the ball but the offensive player goes down like they were shot and writhes and absolutely buys the call. I tend to give the defender the benefit of the doubt.

I once saw a red given for a "foul" with absolutely no contact. All the pundits agreed it was a red because there was intent and it "would" have been a nasty one. Uh, no contact, no foul? Definitely no red?
Yes that is part of it too. I often don’t understand why red cards are given so cheaply and then not given for terrible challenges. Like that Harry Kane one against your Newcastle a few years ago when he almost ended someone’s career and it was a yellow. That’s more what I’m talking about in my prior post.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, of course, if it is an obvious simulation the refs should be able to tell the difference. even if it is Harry Kane.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Yes that is part of it too. I often don’t understand why red cards are given so cheaply and then not given for terrible challenges. Like that Harry Kane one against your Newcastle a few years ago when he almost ended someone’s career and it was a yellow. That’s more what I’m talking about in my prior post.
I did hate Harry Kane and the laughable preferential treatment he always got. Good riddance to Germany for him! I think Florian LeJeune would have been a long-serving Magpie if not for that blatant red card challenge.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I dunno. There are situations when a defender is going in studs-up and with the foot high that the referee has to let them know there's an eye on it and the behavior won't be tolerated again.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I did hate Harry Kane and the laughable preferential treatment he always got. Good riddance to Germany for him! I think Florian LeJeune would have been a long-serving Magpie if not for that blatant red card challenge.
I will admit that challenge was brutal and he should have been sent off. I like Harry Kane. He is a professional and is a very clinical striker. English players are always overrated, but I think he was in the perfect club as he emerged into a top player. Everything was good until the last few years when you could tell the club was beneath him. And it kind of goes both ways with that and the way management handled him. The culture at Tottenham kind of shifted back down to where it was before Harry Kane emerged into a top player. They missed their window to win the league or a title.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will admit that challenge was brutal and he should have been sent off. I like Harry Kane. He is a professional and is a very clinical striker. English players are always overrated, but I think he was in the perfect club as he emerged into a top player. Everything was good until the last few years when you could tell the club was beneath him. And it kind of goes both ways with that and the way management handled him. The culture at Tottenham kind of shifted back down to where it was before Harry Kane emerged into a top player. They missed their window to win the league or a title.
Speaking off Harry.KAne and preferential treatment. Throwing elbows should be red card :)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Speaking off Harry.KAne and preferential treatment. Throwing elbows should be red card :)
I didn't watch the UCL match. I did read that he scored on a penalty. He's made quite a career out of that if you subtract his miss against France.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Happy with a draw at the end. Not even trying. Sad.
Would have only been better if they lost.

Hey, you should be happy. My friend's an Arsenal fan, and, since I can't stand Liverfool and don't care to see Man City win again, I'm pulling for the Gooners in the title race.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard