Votes: 10 18.2%
  • No way Jose!

Votes: 11 20.0%

• Total voters

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
no such thing as poll fatigue

Here is the scenario: the New York Football Giants want to draft their QBOTF and offer one of their twos (39 or 47) this year and their second rounder next year to go from 6 to 4.
This likely means we miss out on MHJ, but probably get our choice of Odunze, Nabers or Joe Alt. Do YOU pull the trigger?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No way!

A guy like MJH comes along once every 10 or 15 years! He's the kind of player that wins you two extra games a season!

He's a walking mismatch vs 95% of NFL CBs, and tilts the field so far in your favor that you can't pass on him unless the trade back offer is so ridiculous that it gets investigated by the NFL competition committee!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no such thing as poll fatigue

Here is the scenario: the New York Football Giants want to draft their QBOTF and offer one of their twos (39 or 47) this year and their second rounder next year to go from 6 to 4.
This likely means we miss out on MHJ, but probably get our choice of Odunze, Nabers or Joe Alt. Do YOU pull the trigger?
You must be registered for see images

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If MHJ is there, no.

If he's not... I guess. But I would assume you could get a lot more if a team was trying to move up for the last remaining top QB. Like, at that point, why not make the trade with Atlanta and ask for next year's #1 and one of their 3rd rounders this year? (They own 74 & 79.)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
NO!!! If Harrison is there, Just take the best player and be done with it. If he's gone, sure, do it.
This, 1,000 times this. Don't be the smartest guy in the room, Monti. If that "you'd have to be an idiot not to take him" player in MHJ is there, just draft the right guy. If not, sure, because you can get either Nabers or Odunze (preferably the latter). Alt shouldn't even be in the equation.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
you do that 10/10 times

the precision we assume in these pre draft rankings isnt supported at all by past drafts

The .1 of a point in draft rating that MHJ has vs Nabers or Odunze means nothing in the real world

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Galaxy braining going on here just makes me shake my head.

This team DESPERATELY needs a difference maker at WR. Harrison is far and away the biggest difference maker at WR not only in this draft, but in probably the last ten drafts. But yes… let’s move out of his way to get lower ranked WR prospects because we might be able to pick up another BJ Oujulari.

This all feels like battered fan syndrome where fans are already making excuses for the beating they fear the team is planning for them in the draft.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

This team DESPERATELY needs a difference maker at WR. Harrison is far and away the biggest difference maker at WR not only in this draft, but in probably the last ten drafts. But yes… let’s move out of his way to get lower ranked WR prospects because we might be able to pick up another BJ Oujulari.

This all feels like battered fan syndrome where fans are already making excuses for the beating they fear the team is planning for them in the draft.
BJ Ojulari??
Nah man,... the extra pick is gonna be Maxx Crosby

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Fear not, nobody is trading up for tiny hands McCarthy.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can see the Chargers taking oline and passing on WR help based on who they have and what they need. There is a world where MHJ is available at six. However, I’m not sure I risk it unless the intel is strong enough to indicate Chargers go Oline.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I can see the Chargers taking oline and passing on WR help based on who they have and what they need. There is a world where MHJ is available at six. However, I’m not sure I risk it unless the intel is strong enough to indicate Chargers go Oline.
Goodell might force the pick... otherwise the draft headlines will all be dominated by "Coach Harbaugh QUITS at the Draft"

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Harrison is far and away the biggest difference maker at WR not only in this draft, but in probably the last ten drafts.

if this were objective fact, then of course you dont trade out of the slot

but I dont think that it is. Nabers has been described by many of the online draft "experts" as very close to MHJ, or 1b to Harrisons 1a.

this isnt a Suggs vs Calvin Pace situation. Its a AJ Green vs Juliio Jones situation

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
if this were objective fact, then of course you dont trade out of the slot

but I dont think that it is. Nabers has been described by many of the online draft "experts" as very close to MHJ, or 1b to Harrisons 1a.

this isnt a Suggs vs Calvin Pace situation. Its a AJ Green vs Juliio Jones situation
Listen to what Daniel Jeremiah is saying about MHJ, Odunze, and Nabers.

All three of them would be WR 1 in most drafts. Its an extremely rare situation to have three blue chip WRs in one draft. Your comparison is apt; trading down and getting Odunze or Nabers isn't like missing out on Suggs and getting Pace. It's kind of like picking cookie dough instead of rocky road. It's not like selecting one of the other receivers is akin to picking walnut ice cream.

Adding two premium picks (2nd rounders are still premium) would be a coup and would be a great asset to move up from #27 and get an even better player.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard