POM addict

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, that ended any shot, swd. With friends like that... Harrumph.

Besides, you hate my politics.

We are both right wing foreign policy people and left wing domestic policy fans. We are purrrrrfect together Zen!

Ignore the two jealous guys above.

I approve this online relationship and thus it will be. Posters may now refer to you as Mrs Internet swd1974. You may now browse the your internet significant other. ;)

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
We are both right wing foreign policy people and left wing domestic policy fans.

Ummm... maybe you and I define right wing foreign policy a bit differently, because I would say I oppose maybe 65-70% of generic right wing FP, and about 85-90% of the neocon version of the FP theme. I do have a few extremely non-left positions on foreign policy, true. But I think --seriously-- Rumsfeld should be turned over to the Hague for War Crimes and Condeee should be the hostess at an upscale restaurant somewhere.

And domestically, you support the Patriot Act and all its constant little erosions of the Constitution, right (pardon the pun)?

We are purrrrrfect together Zen!
Oh yeah - and I'm a dog person.

Friends, swd, but not Internet soulmates.

OK, the truth - I just can't get past that Avatar, if you must know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
Well... maybe I can learn to ignore it. Beggars can't be choosers, after all. :mrgreen:

So --- anyone have a recipe for a pomegranite glaze for cornish game hen?

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
OK, new sheriff in town -- Brownwood Farms (www.fruitfast.com) has a concentrated Wonderful pomegranate juice -- not too expensive since it's a concentrate -- and by itself it is like a glaze. Spoon-coating thick, so you can dilute to your own preference depending on use. Not sweet, very real pomegranate flavor -- like when you chomp into the seeds in the flesh, rather than pick out one by one, so it has the sweet-tangy and a tiny hint of the bitter, in good balance. They also make total pomegranite and seed oil capsules, very good price compared to anyplace else I've looked. (It's supposed to be good for your skin.)

I used pom, Penzey's shallot-herb blend, a dash of worcestershire, splash each of balsamic vinegar and a shiraz-cabernet wine, and a touch of garlic; cooked the bird in it then reduced the pan juice back to a glaze and finished that way -- Yum.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, for the record, it seems that here in colorado we're experiencing a shortage, too. All of the bottles I thought I was seeing are gone.

Being a man, I didn't ask anyone about what happened or when they might be re-stocking, though. So all I can do is speculate.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just tried my first taste of POM. Store only had the Pom-blueberry variety - very tasty. They usually have the 100%, but are out.

OP
OP
A

AZZenny

Reaction score
I was going to order from their on-line store, but the shipping is a killer. They said on the website that they are just getting into this year's harvest and pressing so it should be in the system soon.

It's in most of the Sprouts stores locally again, people tell me, and like I say the bulk price is not too bad. I haven't looked elsewhere, since I bought two big jugs of it. But the Brownwood farms fruitfast.com site stuff is very good flavor and looks like top quality, price is good, and the shipping is quite reasonable.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Is Elite pretty strong as opposed to juice-ish? The 100% POM is strong-flavored enough that drinking a big glass of it would be an experience. LOL. A wine glass is just right. I'll keep my eyes open for Elite. Oh - Is it made in the USA?
I LOVE your sig line!

btw, swd -- congrats on two months! Keep it going!

I drink a 10 oz bottle in a sitting. its tart, juicy and delicious. I dont know what it is, I tried the POM and it was too much. Who knows.

About the sig, Boudain used to be a hero, but man he's soft now with that travel channel show...

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I stumbled on a pomegranate tree this weekend and now have a grocery bag full of them. I don't buy them very often because they're so expensive, so this was a real score. I wish I had a yard so I could plant a few of these trees. Apparently, the fruit will keep for months, so you don't have to peel them all right away.