POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not even on his radar - which makes perfect sense considering he'd never come here plus Mikey aint paying no Payton money after losing millions on Keim and Dinglebury - especially in a season when Kyler ain't playing

The Arizona Cardinals will go through the motions but will ultimately end up with A-Dub and Vance Joseph

Would be extremely embarrassing for MB to cast his net wide only to end up with the people closest to him

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I find it very strange for them not to mention the Cardinals, even as to say he’s declined an interview, which when accepting the Texans would be very very odd.

Can anyone think of a reason? In his interview with his daughter he brought up that Carolina weren’t on the odds list, so you would think he’d bring up the Cards if they weren’t intentionally left out.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
I find it very strange for them not to mention the Cardinals, even as to say he’s declined an interview, which when accepting the Texans would be very very odd.

Can anyone think of a reason? In his interview with his daughter he brought up that Carolina weren’t on the odds list, so you would think he’d bring up the Cards if they weren’t intentionally left out.
Doesn’t make any sense for Cowherd to not even ask about the Cardinals. Even if he knew the answer would be, “won’t be interviewing for them.” Seems as though cowherd would like to be the one breaking that.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It is odd one way or another. Why wouldn't it be lumped in as any other? Either we are absolutely last to all the others, or first.

Either way, no one knows what it means, but it's provocative and gets the people going.

Hoping this all to be over one way or another soon enough. So much d*mn drama.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It'd be pretty disappointing if Payton doesn't even interview with the Cards. :sad:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I agree that Flores is not the answer in regards to Murray, unless of course, you bring in a stud OC & Flores stays away from the offense entirely. I disagree that we’re 3+ years away from competing for a playoff spot. The NFL is not designed for any franchise, no matter how downtrodden they appear to be, to not being able to flip pretty quickly. Just disposing of Kliff & VJ can make a 5 game swing. Add 1 solid draft, better luck with injuries, bring in some FA’s that aren’t prone to injuries & you’re back in contention. This is not our fathers NFL.
The reason I say 3 years is that if Flores is the choice I’m convinced regardless of who’s OC they won’t win with Murray. He is the antithesis of what Flores wants at QB. He won‘t tolerate a contact averse QB. That said, he can’t move past Murray until his third year. So I figure that’s the soonest the team can contend.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The reason I say 3 years is that if Flores is the choice I’m convinced regardless of who’s OC they won’t win with Murray. He is the antithesis of what Flores wants at QB. He won‘t tolerate a contact averse QB. That said, he can’t move past Murray until his third year. So I figure that’s the soonest the team can contend.
Flores isn’t an idiot, so he has to realize that Murray isn’t going anywhere. If he’s that averse to Murray’s, he won’t be interested in the job.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
with the GM hire down -- I think Payton leaving the Cards out meant they were out

I just dont see it now

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I watch alot of Cowherd. IMO he is very negative regarding the Cardinals so it wouldn't be a surprise that he didnt even mention the team. However, it would be very odd for the Saints to grant permission for him to interview (confirmed by Ian Rapport who is very credible) and then for it not to take place.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I watch alot of Cowherd. IMO he is very negative regarding the Cardinals so it wouldn't be a surprise that he didnt even mention the team. However, it would be very odd for the Saints to grant permission for him to interview (confirmed by Ian Rapport who is very credible) and then for it not to take place.
Cowherd is a front runner...you can go back and find lots of clips very high on Keim and Murray.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Just to clarify - he didn't say he wouldn't interview with the Cards. He talked about the interviews he has this week.

Maybe MB wanted the GM in place before interviewing Payton? He mentioned this during his presser.
Payton also mentioned he's had conversations with all teams, per the Saints permission, just not "interview".

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
this surprises me

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I can see it. If Sean wants a lot of say in personnel, he'd probably want a 1st time GM with pedigree or a GM he's worked with before. It would make it easier for him to collaborate.

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Keim was a source for Cowherd. He has turned very negative on Arizons coincident with Keim's departure. Probably had lunch and drinks whenever Keim was in L.A.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Wonder what the reasoning is there?
maybe outsiders were assuming Mike would offer up Payton with AW or Harris running the FO--

this says there is a credible outsider in the FO vs one of Mike B's "guys" in the room

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose