POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
no troll

Do you guys seriously believe Vance is in serious consideration? Like seriously?
I believe he is seriously a consideration as a fallback position. I think it is a horrible idea but given the fact he is still employed (I think) by the Cardinals makes me think he is in play

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
FFS. This is so disappointing. We had a chance to get a Coach that:
A) Has won a Superbowl and has been a very successful HEAD COACH. K1 would have to respect his accomplishments.
B) Has a system that allowed 6'0" Drew Brees to be wildly successful, which would be a great motivator for K1.
C) Demands discipline and hard work and accountability
D) Has ties to other coaches and can put together a great staff.
E) Would have the credibility to tell MB if Kyler is going to be the Franchise QB or if they should move on.
F) Would not stand for K1 coming off the field barking at him.

Now we will most likely get some 1st time coach that will flame out in 2 years, K1 will still be here underachieving but just good enough to keep getting extended, and the cycle continues.

I don't think the Broncos gave up that much. If he is as much of a difference maker as everyone is saying, that's worth a late 1st and 2nd. I wouldn't give our first this year, but there had to be other options (even a player) to throw in to make this happen.

We should have kept Keim around long enough to broker this trade and then send him packing.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
We'd be lucky to get Flores, but no matter what happens the Cardinals opening just became a lot more attractive imo with Texans and Broncos no longer hiring. Meaning I do not believe the Payton signing will in any way speed up the Cardinals HC decision making - which is a great thing imo

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Payton was Mike's want, but Monti wanted to make sure he had a chance to pick his guy and the DeMeco to Texans messed up thr process.

At this point, I'm intrigued by Kafka and have a feeling he's the guy.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FFS. This is so disappointing. We had a chance to get a Coach that:
A) Has won a Superbowl and has been a very successful HEAD COACH. K1 would have to respect his accomplishments.
B) Has a system that allowed 6'0" Drew Brees to be wildly successful, which would be a great motivator for K1.
C) Demands discipline and hard work and accountability
D) Has ties to other coaches and can put together a great staff.
E) Would have the credibility to tell MB if Kyler is going to be the Franchise QB or if they should move on.
F) Would not stand for K1 coming off the field barking at him.

Now we will most likely get some 1st time coach that will flame out in 2 years, K1 will still be here underachieving but just good enough to keep getting extended, and the cycle continues.

I don't think the Broncos gave up that much. If he is as much of a difference maker as everyone is saying, that's worth a late 1st and 2nd. I wouldn't give our first this year, but there had to be other options (even a player) to throw in to make this happen.

We should have kept Keim around long enough to broker this trade and then send him packing.
All of this. I said on this board I wouldn’t want to give the number 3, but our luck isn’t good with top drafting save Kyler, so yes I would’ve gave it up.

Denver made quick moves. Monti is looking more like a Bidwill stooge. He failed his first test. We weren’t all-in, so it probably came from Bidwill.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That orange tie was not for the Bengals. Payton is a total douche. Just wish we wouldn’t have wasted the time chasing him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This roster is so far away from contending that I’m not mad/sad at all about not getting Payton.

I feel like you guys that are mad just don’t get how bad this roster is constructed. This would’ve been a move to make with our 2014/2015 rosters, or at least would have made sense.

We’re not a team that was only missing a HC to compete. We’re a team that’s missing A LOT of talent before actually competing.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course Denver panicked because they thought Payton was coming here. So they did what a championship franchise do and went all in. Bidwill didn’t want to give up that number 3. He wasn’t all-in.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yup and over paid because of it. No decent picks last year or this year.
But they got a Super Bowl-winning coach who has won with a short qb. He’ll do wonders with Russ. That’s all that matters

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
It came down to the donkeys offering more compensation!

Despite the critics of Wilson, I still think the donkeys job was a better situation for Payton. Pretty good D, solid WR corps & a QB who’s really had 1 bad season & is a multiple playoff & SB . Good move by Sean Payton imo.

Please Michael, no Vance Blowseph please! Please! Lord help us

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Of course Denver panicked because they thought Payton was coming here. So they did what a championship franchise do and went all in. Bidwill didn’t want to give up that number 3. He wasn’t all-in.
Internet servers in Tempe would have had a meltdown if Bidwill would have been dumb enough to give up #3.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This roster is so far away from contending that I’m not mad/sad at all about not getting Payton.

I feel like you guys that are mad just don’t get how bad this roster is constructed. This would’ve been a move to make with our 2014/2015 rosters, or at least would have made sense.

We’re not a team that was only missing a HC to compete. We’re a team that’s missing A LOT of talent before actually competing.
Michael says we’re not as broken as a lot of people think.

It doesn’t take much to be a relevant NFL team in December. We’re not that much more talent-deficient today than the Commies.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But they got a Super Bowl-winning coach who has won with a short qb. He’ll do wonders with Russ. That’s all that matters
Russ is an old system QB. He's done, IMHO. He was done last year, and Seahawks fans cheered the trade. Living in Seahawk land, I don't know know a single person over 12 that didn't love the trade. Geno player better than 2021 Russell. And now they have no decent draft capital. They'll battle the Raiders for 3rd.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose