POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Michael says we’re not as broken as a lot of people think.

It doesn’t take much to be a relevant NFL team in December. We’re not that much more talent-deficient today than the Commies.
I don’t think there’s a single position group we’re better than the Commies at outside of QB(who won’t even play the majority of the season) & Safety.

I think they’re being held back by obvious QB play & a dinosaur at HC.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't think this was a Mikey Bidwill problem, or a Monti problem, I think it was a timing problem

If we had a healthy Kyler Murray, a healthy Zach Ertz, a D-Hop that wanted to stay and a O-line that wasn't trash dot com we might've had a chance with Payton but we'll never know

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This roster is so far away from contending that I’m not mad/sad at all about not getting Payton.

I feel like you guys that are mad just don’t get how bad this roster is constructed. This would’ve been a move to make with our 2014/2015 rosters, or at least would have made sense.

We’re not a team that was only missing a HC to compete. We’re a team that’s missing A LOT of talent before actually competing.
You're not wrong about the roster, no one is arguing that, at least I'm not. What they're saying & i agree with is the fact Payton could get the roster back in shape faster than anyone else. Nothing is guatanteed with any coach but I'd rather have one that has won a SB before any of the other candidates.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s a single position group we’re better than the Commies at outside of QB(who won’t even play the majority of the season) & Safety.

I think they’re being held back by obvious QB play & a dinosaur at HC.
Hop, Hollywood, Rondale and Dortch?

Logan Thomas is better than McBride?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
This is the least interested I’ve ever been in a Cardinals HC search.

Harbaugh is the only guy that would’ve excited me. Guess the “net” doesn’t cast north of the Ohio border.

When is the last time the Cards hired a guy who wouldn’t have taken any job offered? Always a first timer or a desperate Denny Green.

I said a few years ago, and it’s 100% true, MB is a pain in the butt to work for. The top coaches know it. Hell, he had a top coach in Arians who got sick of him and quit. It’s all Mikey.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
This roster is so far away from contending that I’m not mad/sad at all about not getting Payton.

I feel like you guys that are mad just don’t get how bad this roster is constructed. This would’ve been a move to make with our 2014/2015 rosters, or at least would have made sense.

We’re not a team that was only missing a HC to compete. We’re a team that’s missing A LOT of talent before actually competing.
I somewhat agree but we also have talented players that have not been coached well and held accountable. I think SP could have changed the culture enough to get better play or get rid of them.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep. There are no exciting options. Flores is meh and he's at the top of the crap pile that's left.
I don’t know if I buy this. Are Payton and the other hires the only humans on the planet capable of changing a team’s culture to a winning one?

There are other guys out there who can do the job. It’s up to the FO to find one or more of them and make the right decisions.

Although the Cardinal FO bit the Big Burrito yet again and aren’t a lock to produce in the near future, we still have a fighting chance. Hang in there.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think this was a Mikey Bidwill problem, or a Monti problem, I think it was a timing problem

If we had a healthy Kyler Murray, a healthy Zach Ertz, a D-Hop that wanted to stay and a O-line that wasn't trash dot com we might've had a chance with Payton but we'll never know
Very interesting perspective. I think you might be into something

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hop, Hollywood, Rondale and Dortch?

Logan Thomas is better than McBride?
C’mon K9, you know you don’t think highly of neither Rondale or Hollywood, lol.

I would absolutely take Terry/Dotson/Samuel/Dyami over the 4 you named which includes 2 you’re not even high on if at all.

I think you know the answer to the 2nd one.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I somewhat agree but we also have talented players that have not been coached well and held accountable. I think SP could have changed the culture enough to get better play or get rid of them.
This is where we disagree.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
NFL coaches don’t like weekly fim sessions with clueless owners. It’s one thing dealing with a meddling owner of a historical franchise like the Cowboys, another with the perennially hapless Cardinals.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
NFL coaches don’t like weekly fim sessions with clueless owners. It’s one thing dealing with a meddling owner of a historical franchise like the Cowboys, another with the perennially hapless Cardinals.
Exactly. And it’s not like the Cowboys have had a great coaching history the last 20 years or so.

No top guy is coming in unless grossly over compensated.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Of course Denver panicked because they thought Payton was coming here. So they did what a championship franchise do and went all in. Bidwill didn’t want to give up that number 3. He wasn’t all-in.
I agree with everything but that last statement, but that’s my opinion. Michael Bidwill would’ve been lambasted if he would’ve traded that #3 pick! Lambasted!!! By the media, football experts, fans & this board. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Denver was definitely a better situation to win now, given the realities of what the Cards team is today. But it does feel from a fan perspective like Manning, Montana & Lucy and Charlie Brown all over.

Great move by the Donkeys
Great move by Payton
Great move by the Aints
And the only move Michael was backed into a corner to go with

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I agree with everything but that last statement, but that’s my opinion. Michael Bidwill would’ve been lambasted if he would’ve traded that #3 pick! Lambasted!!! By the media, football experts, fans & this board. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

Denver was definitely a better situation to win now, given the realities of what the Cards team is today. But it does feel from a fan perspective like Manning, Montana & Lucy and Charlie Brown all over.

Great move by the Donkeys
Great move by Payton
Great move by the Aints
And the only move Michael was backed into a corner to go with
MB can’t close. End of story.