POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
This roster is so far away from contending that I’m not mad/sad at all about not getting Payton.

I feel like you guys that are mad just don’t get how bad this roster is constructed. This would’ve been a move to make with our 2014/2015 rosters, or at least would have made sense.

We’re not a team that was only missing a HC to compete. We’re a team that’s missing A LOT of talent before actually competing.
This hire was all about Kyler. If Kyler gets right then this team is not that far away. We are in a division where the best QB in it is a broken Mathew Stafford. The NFC as a whole is probably at its weakest point in almost 40 years. Geno Smith, Brock Purdy and Daniel Jones all started playoff games in the NFC. We have holes but we are not light years away.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Bidwill got outbid with draft capital. No way he or Monti could’ve given up what the donkeys did.
That bid from the Broncos didn’t exist when they were chasing Harbaugh, Ryans, and others. Bidwill had his 72 hour window of leverage to pressure Loomis into taking his deal. He simply couldn’t close. Probably not his fault honesty, he’s not equipped for these matters.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler gets right then this team is not that far away.
This is where we disagree.

Like….I believe you guys are truly either underestimating how talent-less this roster is or overrating the talent on the roster…or both. Even if Kyler played like an All-Pro.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
That bid from the Broncos didn’t exist when they were chasing Harbaugh, Ryans, and others. Bidwill had his 72 hour window of leverage to pressure Loomis into taking his deal. He simply couldn’t close.
Loomis said no to our draft capital, obviously. He drove up the offer & used it against the Cards & the donkeys bit.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is where we disagree.

Like….I believe you guys are truly either underestimating how talent-less this roster is or overrating the talent on the roster…or both. Even if Kyler played like an All-Pro.
If we somehow get a Seahawks level homerun draft things can change.

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Hate to lose out on Payton, but I’m sure glad Cards didn’t give up that No.3 pick this year. Last year was a trade and the two years before were for linebackers who aren't exactly setting the world on fire. No way to build for the future. Hope that’s changed. There are still decent candidates out there. I hope.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson