playoffs or not?

are the playoffs the best thing for this team?

• yes, make the playoffs no matter what!

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • no, it will be better if we don't (but it will still suck)

Votes: 2 7.1%

• Total voters

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
we are inching closer and closer to the playoffs. i think we would all like to see the suns extend their season, but what are some of the benifits of missing the playoffs and what are some for making them?

benifits of making the playoffs:
-experience: developement of amare
-chance to play better team which suns usually "play up" to.
-test of leadership for marbury, and to see if marion steps up
-amare gets rookie of the year?

benifits of missing the playoffs:

-draft position)a better shot at a higher pick. might not be much of a diference, but the suns have been drafting pretty recenty.
- it might just be one round and exit
-more motivation and healing time for the injuries
-might cause some movement to help the areas we lack in
-frank takes a look at himself and realizes his weaknesses:)

feel free to add more!

all this being said, i'd still like to see the suns in the playoffs. if they play better against tougher teams, the west is the toughest and the suns at an 8 seed COULD make some noise. i thin marbury's leadership has coem a long way. he needs to start calling out his teammates, and solidify his leadership position. a lot has to happen for this team to amke it into the playoffs and then do well, but regardless of what happens, the future is bright. we might finally realize the benefits fo developing our players instead of letting them go. sure we have needs to adress. but we have some patience to learn as well. thats a hard lesson in the nba...

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
It will be devastating to the team if they dont make it. They had such a great season but fell apart in the end.

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
I think we will make the playoffs because Houston has tougher games remaining and they are without their head coach.

However, I wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't make it. Nobody thought we would be able to compete for a playoff spot before the season begun.

Last edited:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm booing Houston tonight, I think the Suns would be a very scary team to face in the first round, if they get going I feel the Suns could pull a upset

cheng

Veteran
Reaction score
Just checked the remaining schedule, it is tough.

DET,IND,MIN,LAL,SA,UTH even GSW and SEA we all have had troubles against those teams.

Rocket fans over ESPN board are pretty mad at Larry Smith now after losing 5 of last 7.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yes we need to get back into the playoffs and keep the winning trend going for next year.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It is extremely important to make playoffs this year. The Suns need to get their respect back.

It is very important for Stephon Marbury- He needs to show every ctitic out there that he is capable of carrying the team on his back right into playoffs.

It is very important for Penny Hardaway- As long as the Suns are winning, he will be happy, play hard, and not complain. Also, he gets an opportunity to show everybody that he is not just another "has been." Penny loves playoffs, and mark my words- if the Suns make playoffs, look for Penny to start playing like a 23 year old with two healthy knees.

It is very important for Shawn Marion- he gets a chance to show everybody he is worth his new extension. Let's see if Shawn has what it takes.

It is important for Amare, JJ, CJ, Jake, and all other young guys who have very little or no playoff experience. They need to see what it is like in playoffs.

I seriously think that the Suns have a decent shot at winning a round in playoffs. Marbury is playing like an MVP, I suspect that Penny will step up in playoffs as well. Scott Williams will also be very important when playoffs start. This guy has a lot of experience, and I think he is going to give it all he's got.

I just think that making playoffs will be very important to everybody because it will give them confidence and experience.

Stefan

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Not making the playoffs because of a draft reason is one of the worst reasons. Sure, there'd be a small chance (about the same as getting struck by lightning or seeing a talking duck) we'd get a high pick, but, especially this year, there isn't much difference between #13 and #15.

As for the one round and exit, since this year is a 7game first round, I think that actually improves our chances.

Healing injuries is pretty important, but the playoffs are usually more important than nagging injuries.

Frank's weaknesses will be even more exposed in the playoffs, so it might actually be beneficial for him to get to the playoffs.

OP
OP
boisesuns

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
could the voters who chose "no" explain why to the rest of us?:)

houston fans??

;)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I can't understand anybody not wanting the Suns to make the playoffs. The benefits far outweigh the negatives.

Dallas lost tonight, so San Antonio is 2.5 games back for the top playoff spot in the Western Conference. I don't know about the rest a few, but I would much rather the Suns faced the Spurs in the playoffs. I honestly feel they would have a decent shot. I think Dallas has too much firepower.

Tonight before the game they were showing the winning percentages for Phoenix's, Houston's, and Golden State's remaining opponents. They were something like .546, .410, and .510 respectively. Without having looked at the remaining schedules I do believe Houston has more games on the road however.

Joe Mama

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama

Tonight before the game they were showing the winning percentages for Phoenix's, Houston's, and Golden State's remaining opponents. They were something like .546, .410, and .510 respectively. Without having looked at the remaining schedules I do believe Houston has more games on the road however.
[/B]

I don't think this is a bad thing actually. We seem to play better against tougher oponents. If nothing but games against Denver, Chicago, and the Clippers comprised the rest of our season, then I'd be worried. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison