Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Semifinals, Game 3 – Suns At Spurs Game Thread

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had to do the radio @ work thing tonight. UNBELIEVABLE VICTORY. Thats all i have to say(not really).
Dragic,Barbs, the SUNS mental toughness.......Gentry is THE MAN.
Tonight i salute the SUNS with a six pack.....After we eliminate the Sterns i'll throw down a 12 pack and invite the Lakers over.

GO SUNS BABY!!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Dragic and Barbosa are so freaking useless.

Whoever is ready to appoint Dragic the PG of the future. Please... he has absolutely no clue what to do offensively.
You must be registered for see images attach

Gentry shouldn't burn out Nash tonight. I hope if the game continues as it looks like it will that Nash gets some rest in the fourth so he can be fresh for Game 4.
Good call. Nash got plenty of rest in the second half...

Its amazing what not having Marion or Shaq can do for a team.
It's amazing what not having Mike D'Antoni can do for this team.

The Suns' play this season is significantly exposing the flawed coaching style and philosophy of DA. SSOL with no defense and no bench definitely doesn't work worth a damn in the playoffs. Wonder what the Knicks are thinking now...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Think about it guys, was that the best performance by a bench player in a playoff game you've ever seen? I can't remember anything coming close to that.

"Goran Dragic's tears can cure cancer. Too bad he never cries."

"Chuck Norris is only afraid of one thing: Goran Dragic."

:D

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think about it guys, was that the best performance by a bench player in a playoff game you've ever seen? I can't remember anything coming close to that.

It has to be up there, considering he wasnt playing Scrub minutes. Schooling the tandem of Manu, Parker and Duncan.

It is a sweet victory!!!!!!!!!

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A suns bench player? Maybe.

I'm sure Manu has had some better games off the bench.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

23 in a single quarter? Against the opponent's starters? I'm not so sure Manu has ever done that.

I will give Manu props though, he was very conciliatory to the Suns in his press conference.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Considering i was listening @ work on radio i'd still have to say YES....absolutely. Al McCoy was sounding like a broken record....
"Dragic.....its GOOD!.......Good!......Shazaam!.....he got it.....zing go the strings.....GOOD...."
^ repeat

Unbelievable playoff performance.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Dragon simply put in the best performance I have seen out of a Sun in a quarter of playoff basketball. He pretty much destroyed the Spurs by himself.

Tonight he looked like Penny Hardaway pre injury, just effortlessly getting to the rack and destroying defenders with his creativity with the ball and his length.

I can only imagine that Lou is going to put up a 15/15 night as the next bench all star.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well he set a new record
Goran Dragic was feeling it in Game 3. According to Elias Sports Bureau, his 26 points in 17 minutes of action is the most points scored by a player who played fewer than 20 minutes in a postseason game in the shot-clock era

cly2tw

Reaction score
The Dragon simply put in the best performance I have seen out of a Sun in a quarter of playoff basketball. He pretty much destroyed the Spurs by himself.

Tonight he looked like Penny Hardaway pre injury, just effortlessly getting to the rack and destroying defenders with his creativity with the ball and his length.

I can only imagine that Lou is going to put up a 15/15 night as the next bench all star.

Well, there is huge difference to pre-injury Penny still. :D

Frankly, I was never in doubt for us to come back as I couldn't imagine that they maintain the defensive pressure of 1st quarter throughout the game, with the rotation they play. And I was sure Nash/Amare/JRich would have won it for us even without Goran going off like that. But Goran was unconscious to brutally feast on the tired legs of the Spurs. Most important, his confidence now is back. If he keeps shooting 3s like that, we will win the title this year as no team's bench could stop ours, in addition to the main effect it has on resting Nash during games. With Nash shooting pullup jumpers like he did in this series, his 2-man game with Amare will be as unstoppable as ever. And we haven't needed much of close-game clutch shots from him yet, due to our big leads at game's end.

Go Suns!:D

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
WOW.

The Suns bench just destroyed the Spurs....starters.

I still am having a hard time grasping what I watched tonight.

Great job Suns.

FINISH THEM!

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Yep, Im a loser. I am watching the replay of the second half RIGHT NOW!!!

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
Tyler said:
Yep, Im a loser. I am watching the replay of the second half RIGHT NOW!!!
Oh yaaaa! Go Dragic. (had to work earlier)

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Nice, It was a hell of a game. Goran was on fire.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Its crazy to hear the suprise in the announcers voices. I freaking love it.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Amare was abused in that game. He played like an idiot. When there's 3 guys on you, you can pass the ball out Amare. Since Amare has no post up game when he faces up his defender the double team comes and right then you can pass it off, he doesn't. He drives in on all of them and throws up a wild shot or gets stripped. Scrub Amare came out to play yesterday.

Thank god for J-Rich and the Dragon. J-Rich kept us alive in the first half with some insane shooting skills.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare did come out and hurried his shots yesterday and played bad, but the Refs also let the Spurs foul multiple times. Read any recap out there even Hollinger who was at the game wrote about it.
Lets not be deluded, Goran was awesome but our starters aggressiveness made their starters expend a lot of energy and emotions.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Amare was abused in that game. He played like an idiot. When there's 3 guys on you, you can pass the ball out Amare. Since Amare has no post up game when he faces up his defender the double team comes and right then you can pass it off, he doesn't. He drives in on all of them and throws up a wild shot or gets stripped. Scrub Amare came out to play yesterday.

Thank god for J-Rich and the Dragon. J-Rich kept us alive in the first half with some insane shooting skills.

You have to admit, the Spurs were playing very good lockdown defense on Amare all game. He did some smart things out there like pass out of the double team and get an offensive rebound and dribble it away from the basket to use up time, but the don't put all of it on him. Sure, he only had 7 points, but the whole point of having good players around him is exactly for what happened last night. The Spurs want someone besides Amare to stop them? Ok, they got their wish.

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ That locker room video was awesome. I particularly liked how Nash said not to spend too many emotions on this win and get ready to finish it Sunday.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Great inside look. It was great to see Gentry giving Dragic some props and to see Amare and Jrich so happy for the team.

Oh and Dragic almost outscored the Spurs by HIMSELF in the 4th. 23 for Dragic, 24 for SA